Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RU to Big 10....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 am

Rumors all over the place that if Maryland makes the jump RU will be quick to follow.

Call me crazy but I am not super hot on the idea. Granted I will take the $$$ if it is offered, and the possibility of Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St coming into our house will certainly be a better sell then Louisville Cincy UConn(and tickets sold has been an issue). Between that and the stability the Big 10 provides, there are certainly no doubt positive there.

But I would not be so quick to jump away from a position of Big Fish. Let's carry the BE flag into the BCS bowl games, and lets see RU earn respectability in such a manner, as opposed to just jumping into a "more respected" conf.

Of coarse some of this is due to the jaded outlook I've quickly developed due to the constant rumors surrounding seemingly each and every BE team.

So if I could gaurantee Louisville Cincy Boise staying put, I'd be totally fine with RU staying in Conf.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 am

I don't think Rutgers is B1Gs target. They can go get bigger better schools with bigger followings.

Another thing... The BCS is going away and the Big East has no auto in to the playoff.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Come on over and get stomped by Michigan.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I don't think Rutgers is B1Gs target. They can go get bigger better schools with bigger followings.

Another thing... The BCS is going away and the Big East has no auto in to the playoff.

Ya they are the Big Ten has been wanting a NY market for a while now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Wrong! ESPN has programmed people into thinking that. Why would the big east lose their bid if the sec, big 12, etc get to keep their bid? A few poor seasons doesn't mean it can be taken. The acc would've lost theirs a ling time ago.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Wrong! ESPN has programmed people into thinking that. Why would the big east lose their bid if the sec, big 12, etc get to keep their bid? A few poor seasons doesn't mean it can be taken. The acc would've lost theirs a ling time ago.

Certainly nothing is set in stone in terms of the playoff. And BE can help their own cause by winning in their bowl games, speficially the Orange. And no doubt ESPN has it out for the BE. That will only continue if BE signs new TV with another broadcaster which appears likely.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:26 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Ya they are the Big Ten has been wanting a NY market for a while now.

NY market as well as RU's academics and AAU standing are big as well. AAU status is a must for B1G membership.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Wrong! ESPN has programmed people into thinking that. Why would the big east lose their bid if the sec, big 12, etc get to keep their bid? A few poor seasons doesn't mean

it can be taken. The acc would've lost theirs a ling time ago.

Certainly nothing is set in stone in terms of the playoff. And BE can help their own cause by winning in their bowl games, speficially the Orange. And no doubt ESPN has it out for the BE. That will only continue if BE signs new TV with another broadcaster which appears likely.

I just find it funny that big 10,sec, acc, and big 12 fans talk like we're already ineligible. They want just take our bcs bid, and it WILL NOT OR CAN'T BE TAKEN. Go ahead and try and the BIG BEAST will see you in a court room. ESPN has had it out for my CARDS and the BEAST for a long time now. They hate how well were ranked in bball. You watch no much play we get compared to other top 5 teams in the past. We don't need the corporate boss though.

Fuck off Farmer and your bullshit espn like minded propaganda.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Everyone thinks ESPN hates them.

ESPN hates BIg East football because its not very good. They however go ape shit for Big East basketball. They're wall to wall Big East all the damn time.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

ESPN hates BIg East football because its not very good. They however go ape shit for Big East basketball. They're wall to wall Big East all the damn time.

But ESPN hated on BE football when West Va was here, and during that time the BE held it's own in the BCS. Certainly much better then the ACC.

We will see how the BE does this year, but if RU can win it, I'd be confident going up against Fla St.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

They might give bball some love, but not my CARDS. ESPN hates us.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am

I knew Maryland was headed to Big 10, but I didn't hear anything about RU?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

OU wrote:
I knew Maryland was headed to Big 10, but I didn't hear anything about RU?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/rutgers_to_join_big_ten_once_f.html#incart_maj-story-1

First started to hear the rumor over two weeks ago. Didn't put much weight into it until actual news sites began reporting it.

But from the start it was Maryland first then RU to follow.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

And Rutgers was actually rumored a bunch of years ago as well. Supposedly got pretty close.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Yeah I heard on the radio that RU will announce tomorrow they are going to Big 10.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Absolutely great move by Rutgers. Looks like L Ville is going to sink with the ship. They need a Big 12 offer worse than ever.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Absolutely great move by Rutgers. Looks like L Ville is going to sink with the ship. They need a Big 12 offer worse than ever.

I was not quick to jump from the BE, but given the $$$ and added exposure of the big 10 combined with the instability of the BE, it really was a no brainer.

And I feel for not only Louisville, but Cincy, Boise, and any of the other teams that look to be getting squeezed out of the possible playoff picture.

How is it fair that Boise does not have a seat at the table while University of Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas, Colorado etc. does?

College Football needs to set up a system that gives non big conf teams a legit oppurtunity.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am

Louisville
Cincy
Memphis
South Florida
Boise State
UCONN
Georgetown
Villanova
Southern Miss
SMU
Houston
BYU

I want this to be the new Big UMMM, Conference USA
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 am

Louisville
Cincy
Memphis
South Florida
Boise State
UCONN
Georgetown
Villanova
Southern Miss
SMU
Houston
BYU

I want this to be the new Big UMMM, Conference USA

Boise and BYU are already trying to run back to their old conference LOL, I'll take BYU and Louisville in the Big 12.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 am

Yeah we are fucked. Big 12 and ACC need a team each. UCONN and Boise State will get the nod.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah we are fucked. Big 12 and ACC need a team each. UCONN and Boise State will get the nod.
Big 12 needs 2 teams.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:07 pm

I really want in the big 12 over the ACC, but I'll settle with either.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I really want in the big 12 over the ACC, but I'll settle with either.
I want the Big 12 title game to come back, would love another crack at K-State this year. IMO the Big 12 NEEDS to have 12 teams.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, cause it is the Big 12, not the Big 10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah, cause it is the Big 12, not the Big 10.
Yeah and all the other big conferences are growing, can't get left behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RU to Big 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... Empty

Back to top Go down

RU to Big 10....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: