Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RU to Big 10....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

OU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Yeah, cause it is the Big 12, not the Big 10.
Yeah and all the other big conferences are growing, can't get left behind.

Fuck all the bull shit. Go 14. Or even 16, for that is prob where all the big conferences are going. Might as well go for it now, have your picks of the litter.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:40 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

Fuck all the bull shit. Go 14. Or even 16, for that is prob where all the big conferences are going. Might as well go for it now, have your picks of the litter.

Yeah and my CARDS are easily the nest puck if the litter over any other school in the nation unless its the SEC they already have UK for the tv market out here. Big 10, big 12, and the ACC should be all over us if they need one two, or three teams ti add. The ACC would be foolish if they chose uconn over us. I think we fit in great with the big 12 and that's where i would like to end up if I had to pick a conference to go too.

You still suck asshole for calling us loserville captain. You cut me deep u turncoat!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

What needs to happen.

4 super conferences of 16 (sorry if you get left out, but the top 64 is good enough for me).
4 pods in each conference
4 team tourney for conference champion
4 team playoff of conference champions
The conference runner ups play (Pac v B1G in Rose, Big XII v SEC in Sugar, etc...)
The 1st round pods losers play (Big XII v SEC in Cotton, SEC v BIG in Capital One, etc...)
Maybe have other bowls too, but it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

4 super conferences of 16 (sorry if you get left out, but the top 64 is good enough for me).
The conference runner ups play (Pac v B1G in Rose, Big XII v SEC in Sugar, etc...)
The 1st round pods losers play (Big XII v SEC in Cotton, SEC v BIG in Capital One, etc...)

This would be awesome honestly and i wouldn't mind some other bowls thrown in for tradition. Idk how that would work out though. Seems like that would throw a wrench in it all.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Maybe a NIT type tournament for 5th and 6th place out of the conferences. Just for the Holiday season I think it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

This would be awesome honestly and i wouldn't mind some other bowls thrown in for tradition. Idk how that would work out though. Seems like that would throw a wrench in it all.

There would be 8 bowl games of pod winners/runner ups.

It would be nice to see non Big 64 team face non pod winners in a few more bowls.

I hate that there are 32 (or more) bowls out there now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

There would be 8 bowl games of pod winners/runner ups.

It would be nice to see non Big 64 team face non pod winners in a few more bowls.
U
I hate that there are 32 (or more) bowls out there now.

I think there are too many bowl games also. I like what you say, but an NIT type tournament would be needed for filler games and money throughout the Holiday season. I like the idea of #5-#6-8th place making an 8 to 16 team tournament.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

Yeah and my CARDS are easily the nest puck if the litter over any other school in the nation unless its the SEC they already have UK for the tv market out here. Big 10, big 12, and the ACC should be all over us if they need one two, or three teams ti add. The ACC would be foolish if they chose uconn over us. I think we fit in great with the big 12 and that's where i would like to end up if I had to pick a conference to go too.

You still suck asshole for calling us loserville captain. You cut me deep u turncoat!

U got the wrong man on that Beast.

Though come next Thurs I might be looking to use that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

Only problem is many of the top 64 would not be included on a year to year basis. I don't care that BC is in one of the big conf. they are not a top 64 team. There needs to be an avenue for non big conf teams.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:54 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

Only problem is many of the top 64 would not be included on a year to year basis. I don't care that BC is in one of the big conf. they are not a top 64 team. There needs to be an avenue for non big conf teams.

When has a non top 64 team won a mnc? Ever?

They can do their own thing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:15 pm

captain organic wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

U got the wrong man on that Beast.

Though come next Thurs I might be looking to use that.

I coulda swore that was you. I'm still ending our thing though...turncoat! lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

Well Boise has def been in the debate. TCU as well.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What needs to happen.

Well Boise has def been in the debate. TCU as well.

Boise, like TCU is good due to their weak schedules. Look what happened to TCU in the Big 12. TCU is already in a conference now.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Boise went undefeated and beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta in 2006.(they also had a win over Oregon St that season). They then went undefeated and beat TCU in 2009(also had a win over Oregon that year).

In the proposed alignments a team like Boise would be left out in the cold, yet teams like Maryland, Kansas, BC, etc get a seat at the "big boy table"? Why because they've been lousy in their respective conf's for decades? Makes not sense to me.

And TCU did just beat Texas so let's not write them off as some schlub who was exposed upon entering the big time. .
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Rutgers getting raped by Pitt like we did against the Cuse. CARDS down 10-0 to UConn and Bridgewater is out of the game with a messed up shoulder. Looking like Syracuse could win the Big East the way we're playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RU to Big 10....   RU to Big 10.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RU to Big 10....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: