Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hurricane Sandy

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
JerseyStyle
Ludo
killerofchicken
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Don't think so, I believe PT is with out power tho. Hope all is well with both of them. Dave fix that shit cuz it's double XP!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Prime may still be wherever they evacuated to. Nj declared a state of wmergency Sunday and evacuated tons of people so hopefully he got out or stayed out of harms way.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 am

Just got power back last night. Going to take a long time to bounce back from this one. Gas lines are over a two hour wait here. Now they are doing a Odd / Even day to get gas. Still cant get into a couple shore towns. They are running dogs looking for bodies in the stand.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Yeah they sent us home from work today at 12:30pm in preparation. May or may not be open tomorrow. So far I've still got power but I don't expect that to last too much longer. We could be getting anything from 39 to 75MPH winds and 5 to 11 inches of rain per hour. Jersey and Long Island is where people need to really worry, though. New Jersey declared a state of emergency yesterday and evacuated. They're supposed to get hit by the center of this thing. If I die I leave My copy of BF3 to Killer, and Ali's butthole to Beast. I know ya'll will treat My possessions well after I'm gone Very Happy

Haha stay safe Dave !

YOU ARE MINE NOW SO DO NOT TALK TO OTHER MEN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Dave I must ask, have you resorted to drinking urine yet ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 pm

No, I never lost power, just cable and internet. But I'm back in business now so prepare to eat a sack of baby dicks in the Fantasy League this week, Killer.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Just got my power back today. Though I was spared the worst of it, I don't need to go far to see utter destruction. And it wasn't rain or wind so much as storm surge. Though it has been a bit of a running joke that people outside the area know more then us living in it, so I'm sure u guys are pretty much up on the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Oh and now they are calling for a Nor Easter to roll through midweek. High winds, lots of rain, maybe some wet heavy snow inland.

Rough stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

captain organic wrote:
Oh and now they are calling for a Nor Easter to roll through midweek. High winds, lots of rain, maybe some wet heavy snow inland.

Rough stuff.

Yeah this next one is supposed to be much less powerful than Sandy and it's supposed to hit wednesday. Hopefully we don't all end up like West Virginia.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 am

helped gut my buddies house yesterday. 6' of water in the house. Entire road is filled with garbage.

Though everyone was in pretty good spirits.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am

Crazy stuff. I wonder how PT is doing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Has Obama's performance during Sandy swayed anyones decision about tomorrow ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Nope.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Ali wrote:

What did he do to sway either way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Be competent and not ignore the situation like Bush did with Katrina.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 am

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Be competent and not ignore the situation like Bush did with Katrina.

You watch too much TV. Obama and Bush reacted very similarly. It was the coverage of the situation.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 am

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 am

What a idiot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Point proven, but even on non MSNBC channels as well.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:56 am

lol the media coverage has been detailed, analyzed and our findings are, point proven.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
What a idiot.

yup total dolt moment.

I'm a lib as some of yall know. But sometimes my fox watching conservative buddies will say things like "it's no different then what u watch on MSNBC". Well no, actually I don't watch MSNBC, it, like Fox, is garbage.

But that is a career ruiner imo.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 pm

2 storm related things.

1)Power outages still ongoing. I got mine, but half my town is still out. And this is not isolated. Outages throughout NJ, and along long Island. People are getting bent. It's all the talk on the local sports radio. Major head rolling to come.

2)Thought the Noreaster was a total dud. Snowed for a while, wet snow, left a coating, which is odd for this time of year, bit of wind, but noting crazy. But drive inland 30 miles or so and they got upwards of a foot. That is out of the ordinary. But luckily inland was not where the real Sandy damage occurred.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah it seemed like everywhere that got blasted by Sandy only got a dusting by the second storm and the ones that didn't get it bad with Sandy took in close to a foot in snow from the second go round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Jimbo, give us your story.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Power still not on in my girl friends condo. People actually living there with no power, heat or hot water.

And it looks like the maintenance company through whom the flood insurance is paid, is bringing in a crew to do all the work. Rip out sheet rock and floors, new hot water heaters and appliances etc.

That would be good news except for 2 big things: 1) no one was ever told. We couldn't get a hold of that maintenance company despite numerous tries. We were halfway there, floors out sheet rock cut back. Then out of the blue here comes a crew ripping out walls in the common areas. Zero notice. 2)Supposedly this will take 4 to 6 months. WTF? We were halfway home. Figured tenant would be back in by Dec.

Granted we are not amongst the peoples whose houses were flat out destroyed or those that took on 6 feet of water, and it is only a rental not our primary residence but it is stil frustrating stuff and will probably cost us a couple grand, hopefully insurance will pay for lost income due to Tenant not being able to live there, we will see.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2