Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Ludo
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
josh200612
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:34 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
No mention of Once Upon a Time in America?

Laughing Of course not.
Have you ever seen Cabin Fever?

Yes and I like it.
Are you fucking with me? That is the worst movie I have ever seen. You have to be fucking with me. There is no possible way to enjoy that movie.

Cabin Fever was on it's way to a passing grade before it's shameless rip off of the ending of Night of the Living Dead.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:42 am

Ludo wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
In no particular order:

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
Dragon Wars
Soul Plane
Gigli
Norbit
Battlefield Earth
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever
Showgirls
Halloween H20
Halloween III Season of the Witch

Curious why you place H20 as one of the worst movies ever...more curious why that one stands out as the worst Halloween sequel out of ALL the sequels.

My bad, I meant Resurrection instead of H20. Resurrection completely undermines the ending of H20 as though it never happened at all. The excuse they gave us for the plot hole it opens up was both lazy and lame.

Agreed. It's a shame such a huge moment in the series happened at the beginning of a peice of shit movie that continuity wise should have never taken place. H20 was really a strong ending to it all and to kill it for Michael Myers jobbing out to Busta Rhymes...shame.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Thought of a few more:

House of the Dead

Highlander 2

Easy A

Wild Wild West

Little Nickey or Mr. Deeds, it doesn't really matter

Bubble Boy

Say it Isn't So

Club Dread

Mac and Me

Double Team

Jaws: the Revenge

Meet the Spartans

Reefer Madness

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 pm

What was wrong with Easy A ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 pm

More then is technically allowed to be typed in these text boxes. But in short, a comedy that is not funny, at all, zero laughs. That it is unoriginal and pretentious enough to barrow most of it's plot elements from other, better teen movies is lazy and insulting, but worse, that there is this sense of that being both acceptable and even cute when it really isn't at all. The performances are all terrible array's of "oh look how witty I am" one-liners that come off beyond smug and intellectually offensive to a viewer with a brain stem. When Lisa Kudro carries the film in the performance department, that is not good. Way to much self-rightesness in the dialog of every character unfortunate enough to have a speaking part in the film. Its the perfect movie for self absorbed teenage air brain brat girls to fake laugh at like it has some kind of insight or reflections on the dog shit values they live by. By all other standards, it's shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

A bit harsh for a fairly well received movie, it's got something like an 85% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

i'd like to add a few,

planet of the apes (2001 remake)
assault on precinct 13 (2005 remake)
takers
crouching tiger hidden dragon
party monster
xxx
titanic
waterworld

any sports based film (they're all shit with the exceptions of any given sunday and moneyball)
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

I get the feeling you've not seen a whole hell of a lot if those are in your top 10 worst, Cheeky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
i'd like to add a few,

planet of the apes (2001 remake)
assault on precinct 13 (2005 remake)
takers
crouching tiger hidden dragon
party monster
xxx
titanic
waterworld

any sports based film (they're all shit with the exceptions of any given sunday and moneyball)

Whaaaaat ?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Ludo wrote:
I get the feeling you've not seen a whole hell of a lot if those are in your top 10 worst, Cheeky.

hahaha, i avoid films that i think will be shite, so in comparison with this lot i probably haven't seen that many films.

if you go and watch mr deeds or wild wild west, you deserve what you get.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Fair enough. Just out of curiosity do you avoid entire genres or just specific titles?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm

specific titles, but that can end up being entire genres.

i won't watch a horror film anymore for example. after living with an ex who was a fan of horror fims for 3 years, i feel like i've served my time in that respect.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 am

I'm fine with Mr.Deeds. Fuck you guys.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 am

cheekynffc wrote:

i won't watch a horror film anymore for example. after living with an ex who was a fan of horror fims for 3 years, i feel like i've served my time in that respect.
You hate all sports movies except 2? What about Friday Night Lights? I know you are one of the few American Football fans across the pond. IMO it's a great movie. Shows you how crazy high school football can be in some towns. I like alot of true story sports movies. Remember the Titans is another one. Miracle is another good one, but since it's about US hockey you might not enjoy it. Still a good movie though. Rudy is another classic sports movie that is a must watch IMO. One of my favorite all time movies. But of course the fact that I saw the movie in theaters with my father just makes it that much more special to me.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

You hate all sports movies except 2? What about Friday Night Lights? I know you are one of the few American Football fans across the pond. IMO it's a great movie. Shows you how crazy high school football can be in some towns. I like alot of true story sports movies. Remember the Titans is another one. Miracle is another good one, but since it's about US hockey you might not enjoy it. Still a good movie though. Rudy is another classic sports movie that is a must watch IMO. One of my favorite all time movies. But of course the fact that I saw the movie in theaters with my father just makes it that much more special to me.

i haven't seen any of the films you mention.

escape to victory was alright i suppose although more for nostalgia reasons than cinematic ones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

escape to victory was alright i suppose although more for nostalgia reasons than cinematic ones.
I think you would enjoy Friday Night Lights. You wouldn't think Billy Bob Thorton could be a football coach but he does a decent job in the movie. Based on true story.
On a lighter note, the comedy sports movie(it's an oldie) Varsity Blues was one of my favs growing up. There are some big name actors in the movies I mentioned. You should check them out. Friday Night Lights and Rudy for sure.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

I think you would enjoy Friday Night Lights. You wouldn't think Billy Bob Thorton could be a football coach but he does a decent job in the movie. Based on true story.
On a lighter note, the comedy sports movie(it's an oldie) Varsity Blues was one of my favs growing up. There are some big name actors in the movies I mentioned. You should check them out. Friday Night Lights and Rudy for sure.

i've just looked up friday night lights, is it the film or the NBC series you're recommending?

the book the film was based on seems to receive the most acclaim.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 am

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

i've just looked up friday night lights, is it the film or the NBC series you're recommending?

the book the film was based on seems to receive the most acclaim.
There is a movie and a TV series. They are separate but very similar. Both are actually very good. But I was talking about the movie. My bad, forgot it was both TV and movie. I'm talking about the movie that stars Billy Bob Thorton as the head coach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 am

The TV series is good but it can be a bit sloppy at times, characters sometimes just vanish for no reason.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am

Ali wrote:
The TV series is good but it can be a bit sloppy at times, characters sometimes just vanish for no reason.
Have you seen the movie? I don't know if you would like it since you don't seem to have the same interest in American Football that both cheeky and freak have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Have you seen the movie? I don't know if you would like it since you don't seem to have the same interest in American Football that both cheeky and freak have.

I like movies about American Football, Any Given Sunday is one of my favorite sport movies.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I like movies about American Football, Any Given Sunday is one of my favorite sport movies.
Yeah but that movie isn't the same as say Rudy or Friday Night Lights. Probably my 2 favorite football movies. For you, I would recommend Rudy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?   The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The top ten worst movies you've ever seen ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3