Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football

Go down 
+2
josh200612
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football Empty
PostSubject: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 am

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/notre-dame-sports-football-hockey-acc
Quote :
Notre Dame will join the Atlantic Coast Conference as a full member with the exception of football, but will play five football games annually against ACC teams.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 am

Kind of weird that they are technically not in the ACC for football but will still play 5 ACC teams each year? LOL, commitment issues.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 pm

OU wrote:
Kind of weird that they are technically not in the ACC for football but will still play 5 ACC teams each year? LOL, commitment issues.

NBC money.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.
I don't think joining the ACC would eliminate that. Pretty sure they could still have their TV deal and be part of the ACC. They are just stubborn and don't want to lose that "Independent" tag.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.
I don't think joining the ACC would eliminate that. Pretty sure they could still have their TV deal and be part of the ACC. They are just stubborn and don't want to lose that "Independent" tag.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.
I haven't heard anything at all that would suggest ND would lose it's TV deal. Not one peep. I'm sure they would atleast get to play out the current deal.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:27 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.
I haven't heard anything at all that would suggest ND would lose it's TV deal. Not one peep. I'm sure they would atleast get to play out the current deal.

All homes games are on NBC if football went with ACC then they wouldn't have that deal by themselves they don't wanna share the money.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.

All homes games are on NBC if football went with ACC then they wouldn't have that deal by themselves they don't wanna share the money.
Just weird that no one has mentioned anything like this. Nothing. It's been the most talked about topic of the day. Plenty of people weighing in. Talks about how they should commit to the ACC. No mention of any TV deal being any issue.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:41 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.

Just weird that no one has mentioned anything like this. Nothing. It's been the most talked about topic of the day. Plenty of people weighing in. Talks about how they should commit to the ACC. No mention of any TV deal being any issue.

I don't know why cause that's been the problem for years. Michigan has been playing them since I was a kid and even before that so I follow my rivals well and that's how I always saw it and heard.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.

I don't know why cause that's been the problem for years. Michigan has been playing them since I was a kid and even before that so I follow my rivals well and that's how I always saw it and heard.
They have talked to ND alumni, ACC guys and just football guys in general all day long on the radio. The topics have been whether this is good for the ACC and ND and questions about whether they should just go ahead and fully join for football. I figured if TV deal was an issue, especially a major issue, it would have been brought up in some way. But it hasn't, I haven't heard a single mention of it. It would make total sense, but I figured it would have been talked about.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

NBC money.

Nope. ACC is with ESPN.

They have talked to ND alumni, ACC guys and just football guys in general all day long on the radio. The topics have been whether this is good for the ACC and ND and questions about whether they should just go ahead and fully join for football. I figured if TV deal was an issue, especially a major issue, it would have been brought up in some way. But it hasn't, I haven't heard a single mention of it. It would make total sense, but I figured it would have been talked about.

They get like 40 mil for that shit they don't wanna split it with anyone. I'm just shocked they aren't saying anything about it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 pm

They just mentioned something about academics, but not a single peep about TV or anything about money. SVP is saying that the Big 10 wanted ND to be a full football member but ND didn't want to lose that "Independent" tag. But the ACC was willing to accept the deal ND was looking for.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm

OU wrote:
They just mentioned something about academics, but not a single peep about TV or anything about money. SVP is saying that the Big 10 wanted ND to be a full football member but ND didn't want to lose that "Independent" tag. But the ACC was willing to accept the deal ND was looking for.

What was the deal they were looking for? I think they lowered their academics a couple of years ago so they can get the "Black Athlete" I remember the AD getting shit for it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm

No care.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
No care.
Slow day.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

What was the deal they were looking for? I think they lowered their academics a couple of years ago so they can get the "Black Athlete" I remember the AD getting shit for it.
They didn't want to commit to a conference in football. Big 10 wanted them to join, ACC was willing to accept the partial deal with ND not being "officially" in the conference for football. ND didn't want to commit to any conference for football.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Semi blow to Big XII and tu? ND picks ACC over the Big XII and no way tu can play ND on Thanksgiving to replace A&M while A&M is busy trying to lock in LSU for that game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Semi blow to Big XII and tu? ND picks ACC over the Big XII and no way tu can play ND on Thanksgiving to replace A&M while A&M is busy trying to lock in LSU for that game.
Don't you mean to the Big 10? That is where they were talking about going. It's a blow to the Big East and Big 10 before it is the Big 12. Y U hatin on your old conference?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Of coarse ND's TV $$$ is playing a major role here.

But those guys also just like the idea of being independent in football.

Funny thing here is ND gets in on the ACC's BCS bid, without actually being in the ACC.

What is it about ND football? Team hasn't been really good in 20 years, yet they still carry by far the most weight in the country. Conferences drool all over them. Make themselves look silly in the deals they sign.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm

So ND did it? They still get their TV deal which is all they really wanted and now they get to go to the Orange Bowl or whatever At Large Bid for the ACC. They rotate 5 ACC teams a year. The ACC is desperate.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Don't you mean to the Big 10? That is where they were talking about going. It's a blow to the Big East and Big 10 before it is the Big 12. Y U hatin on your old conference?

Not hate.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/would-the-horns-drop-am-for-notre-dame-1827053.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/winners-losers-notre-dame-blockbuster-move-acc-155827152--ncaab.html

Loser: Big 12
Notre Dame reportedly had also been in negotiations with the Big 12, so it's a blow to the league that the Irish ultimately chose the ACC. Worse yet, the news that the ACC upped its exit fee for members to $50 million may put any Big 12 expansion hopes on hold for the foreseeable future. Florida State and Clemson reportedly were expansion possibilities for the Big 12, but would either of them pay that kind of penalty to leave the ACC? Probably not, especially when their ACC TV deals should get even sweeter with the partial addition of the Irish. That makes Louisville maybe the best potential option for the Big 12 if it were to decide to add members in the near future.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:52 pm

"We gettin Catholic money"

CARDS to Big 12 within two years so fuck ACC football!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
"We gettin Catholic money"

CARDS to Big 12 within two years so fuck ACC football!

So u want out of the BE Beast? Personally I hope we all stay, then woop whomever we can in the bowls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football   ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football Empty

Back to top Go down

ND joins the ACC, but only halfway for football
Page 1 of 1