Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 am

Quote :
"I think we're pretty close," White said Tuesday on FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight." "If Georges St-Pierre beats Condit, that could be the next fight.

"These guys want to fight each other now. If you're a fighter and you've dominated as long as Anderson has, and you've been great as long as Georges has, you finally want to say, 'I want to test myself. I think I can beat this guy.'"

"They'll probably do the fight at 180 (pounds)," he said. "At one point, it sounded like Anderson wanted to go to 170. He wanted to take Georges' welterweight title. Then it was 180, the catch weight, because Georges doesn't want to go to '85. Georges said, 'If I have to make a move to go to '85, I'd have to stay at '85.' So we figured a 180-pound catch weight makes sense.

"If that fight happens, it will probably happen at Dallas' Texas Stadium."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30504/ufc-st-pierre-vs-silva-super-fight-expected-at-180-pounds-in-cowboys-stadium.mma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:56 am

If it was at 170 then GSP wins 100%. At 180 I favor Anderson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 am

Thank god that silly idea of Silva dropping to 170lb was ditched Andy would look like a skeleton.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 am

Hopefully after GSP bores the shit out of us in lay n pray win over Condit, he comes to his senses. Greg Jackson doesn't have any problem with this but Jones taking on Sonnen is the "stupidest thing you could ever do"???? Makes no sense. That guy is looney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

OU wrote:
Hopefully after GSP bores the shit out of us in lay n pray win over Condit, he comes to his senses. Greg Jackson doesn't have any problem with this but Jones taking on Sonnen is the "stupidest thing you could ever do"???? Makes no sense. That guy is looney.

It's a slightly different scenario, that was a risky eight day replacement (devils advocate thought), this is a mega fight that will benefit legacy's and bank accounts.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 am

You guys know silva has fought a lot at 170 right and really well
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
You guys know silva has fought a lot at 170 right and really well

Yeah like six years ago.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

It's a slightly different scenario, that was a risky eight day replacement (devils advocate thought), this is a mega fight that will benefit legacy's and bank accounts.
In one senario Jackson's guy is the heavy favorite(probably like 12 to 1 in that scenario) he is also the bigger, stronger and at that point better conditioned fighter. Then you have then have the other scenario where Jackson's guy is the underdog and smaller fighter and coming off a long layoff. Greg Jackson is a fucking moron if he thinks GSP has a better chance of winning this fight then Bones did in the Chael fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

Quote :
"I've trained both guys and Anderson is a very talented boxer, he is very good. He's 6-0 as a pro in Brazil. He has more experience than a lot of the guys in the UFC. But the thing is, I just don't see, he's just too big, the size difference, they want Georges to go up in weight and him (Silva) to come down in weight and so forth and Georges told me he's not comfortable coming up in weight. He likes the weight he's fighting at now, that's where he's best and I don't think this fight is really going to happen because I think he's (Silva) too big for him."
Freddie Roach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

In one senario Jackson's guy is the heavy favorite(probably like 12 to 1 in that scenario) he is also the bigger, stronger and at that point better conditioned fighter. Then you have then have the other scenario where Jackson's guy is the underdog and smaller fighter and coming off a long layoff. Greg Jackson is a fucking moron if he thinks GSP has a better chance of winning this fight then Bones did in the Chael fight.

Some will view GSP as the favorite and by the time the fight happens and things go according to plan he'll be coming off a Condit victory not a layoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

OU wrote:
Quote :
"I've trained both guys and Anderson is a very talented boxer, he is very good. He's 6-0 as a pro in Brazil. He has more experience than a lot of the guys in the UFC. But the thing is, I just don't see, he's just too big, the size difference, they want Georges to go up in weight and him (Silva) to come down in weight and so forth and Georges told me he's not comfortable coming up in weight. He likes the weight he's fighting at now, that's where he's best and I don't think this fight is really going to happen because I think he's (Silva) too big for him."
Freddie Roach

I wouldn't look into this much Freddie's a boxing trainer I doubt he's taken into account GSP's wrestling or JJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am

OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Anderson's boxing record is 1-1.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

I'll take Freddie's word.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

I wouldn't look into this much Freddie's a boxing trainer I doubt he's taken into account GSP's wrestling or JJ.
He has been with GSP for years now, I think he knows all about his ground game. Give the man a little credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Nah Freak is right.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=152826&cat=boxer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

He has been with GSP for years now, I think he knows all about his ground game. Give the man a little credit.

I do but I just feel Freddie's talking about the fight from a striking perspective.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Nah Freak is right.

I'll stick with Freddie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Nah Freak is right.

I'll stick with Freddie.

Box rec is legit, his record on Wiki is also the same.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Nah Freak is right.

I'll stick with Freddie.

I'll roll with Freddie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
Freddie Roach

Nah Freak is right.

I'll stick with Freddie.

I'll roll with Freddie.

Freddie's not the record master for all of boxing you know.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTriBdQ2YMzb0mqjW8TeoRF1E9oMEbKbrzAaKN63-bAAWkHCVJrUA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium Mma_asgspts_576
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Does it matter whether his record is 6-0 or 1-1? Those bouts took place like 7 and 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Ludo wrote:
Does it matter whether his record is 6-0 or 1-1? Those bouts took place like 7 and 15 years ago.

Not really because MMA is a whole different ballpark but his record is definitely 1-1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium   Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva vs. GSP = 180lbs catchweight and Cowboys Stadium
Page 1 of 1