Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Empty
PostSubject: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 am

Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran has been forced from a title defense against Patricio Freire on Aug. 24 in Tunica, Miss., Bellator chief Bjorn Rebney confirmed to ESPN.com.

Curran (17-4) suffered a fractured orbital bone in the third round of sparring Wednesday morning at his gym in a suburb outside Chicago, according to the promotion.

"It's an incredibly frustrating injury, especially to happen so close to the fight, but these things happen," Curran said. "I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life, but injuries happen and once I heal up, I'm going to continue to train and come back stronger than ever to defend the Bellator featherweight title."

Since moving down from lightweight, Curran is 4-0 at 145 pounds, including a convincing title win over Joe Warren in March.

Curran's first defense of the belt will be delayed for several months. The bantamweight tournament final between Marcos Galvao and Luis Nogueira will take the top spot on the card. Light heavyweights Travis Wiuff and Atilla Vegh will also vie for a tournament crown.

"First and foremost I feel horrible for Pat, he's been looking forward to this fight pitting two of the best 145 pounds in the world against each other for months," Rebney said. "Pat always elevates his game as the stakes get higher and higher. Right now the focus is Pat healing and getting back to 100 percent and we will get that fight rescheduled as quickly as Pat's health will allow us to."

When he returns, Curran has Freire (17-1) and Daniel Straus (20-4) waiting in the wings. Both fighters won Bellator tournaments to earn their shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 am

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off HorrifiedPat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Tumblr_lurzo7G2qK1r2ghay
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Tumblr_m1cspkwIDu1rn95k2o1_400
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off No-darth_vader
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:21 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30194/with-champ-curran-injured-bellator-73s-pitbull-awaits-replacement-hopes-for-warren.mma
Quote :
"I'm very disappointed because I dedicated the last few months of my life to the [Curran] fight," he said. "But I realize these things happen, and anyone can get hurt during training. Again, I'm fully trained and ready to give my best.

"So I wish to rematch Warren. I hope Bellator can make it happen. He's a great opponent."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 am

Blame the person that neg'd me for this post. Look at the OP date.

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Tumblr_ls7crd3LJ11qafrh6
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Tumblr_lk1y6yjlYe1qafrh6

Not even really that interested in seeing Pitbull embarrass Warren again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off 0223_warning-label-chainsaw_485x340
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off   Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull is off
Page 1 of 1