Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 Empty
PostSubject: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:48 am

It could turn out to be a bit more...but around 1 Million buys

The show broke a number of UFC records, but not the big one. Early estimates have the show doing 1 million buys on PPV, which would put it in the same range as the Brock Lesnarvs. Cain Velasquez fight on October 21, 2010, and be the largest UFC number since that time. That’s a very early number and could vary greatly, as noted by the Mania numbers. But it handily beat Mania numbers as that show is estimated at 670,000 in North America.

It was believed to have been the 7th UFC fight in the seven figure range. The difference is that for all real purposes, this was a big fight without a Countdown special. Both the one episode Prime Time and the Countdown special debuted on Fuel and thus was probably only seen by the hardcore audience that was already sold on the fight. It had some replays on FSN, but that’s a far cry from appearing on FX or the hoped for airing on FOX.

The show got coverage by ESPN, but not at the level of a major sporting event or close to what a 1 million buy boxing PPV would get. In watching Sports Center frequently over the weekend, there was coverage before and after, but it was not as a top story, nor on every show the night before, day of, or after. It seemed that maybe every third episode covered it. The pre-show coverage focused on Sonnen, although Tito Ortiz was in Bristol, CT a few days before the fight and did a number of shows.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 am

and why was there no countdown special, and why was the prime time not on FX(I can understand fox)? I thought the Fox deal was supposed to be the game changer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: UFC 148 May have Broken 1 Million PPV Buys   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 pm

wow, bad news for Dana, he was openly stating and quietly hoping that 148 would break UFC 100 buy rates, it looks like they will be lucky to break even with 1 million buys.

Dana even texted Dave Melzer "this sucks"

UFC 147 was between 175,000 and 200,000

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/12/3155014/ufc-148-silva-vs-sonnen-ii-reported-at-1-million-pay-per-view-buys
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t17893p75-what-will-be-the-highest-selling-ufc-ppv-this-year
OU wrote:
Quote :
In other news, it's being reported by Meltzer that the UFC 147 buyrate was somewhere between 175,000 and 200,000 buys. Which makes sense given the weakness (in terms of "big fights") of the card.

About what I figured.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

whoops my bad didn't see yours
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
All good. Both numbers are close to what I figured. Actually figured 48 would be shy of million and closer to 900K, but I figured 47 would do 150-200.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
All good. Both numbers are close to what I figured. Actually figured 48 would be shy of million and closer to 900K, but I figured 47 would do 150-200.

ya but I still want to see the real numbers, remember recently when they reported a million buys only to have it lower
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
OU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

ya but I still want to see the real numbers, remember recently when they reported a million buys only to have it lower
Yeah some numbers lately have moved quite a bit from the original report. I think it was Jones-Evans that got a nice boost from the original numbers.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:38 pm

yes tarts exactly which one it was
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148   Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meltzer: Early estimates for UFC 148
Page 1 of 1