Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face Empty
PostSubject: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face Chavez_Jr_Martinez_LA_PC_120710_005a%20(720x505)

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face Chavez_Jr_Martinez_LA_PC_120710_004a%20(720x474)

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face Chavez_Jr_Martinez_LA_PC_120710_007a%20(720x447)

Sept. 15
At Las Vegas (HBO PPV):
Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., 12 rounds, for Martinez's Ring magazine and Chavez's WBC middleweight title
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

Wow, so Jr will indeed have a big size advantage. Makes up, to an extent, for what I believe is Chavez not be properly seasoned for this level of fight.

Nothing against Sergio, but I'll be rooting for Jr, I've just been able to see him fight so much recently, and he delivers good action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Martinez's speed and experience should be able to counter Jr's size, however Jr's body shots could slow Sergio down enough for a late stoppage. This has become a really intriguing fight, Jr crushing Lee like he did makes this one alot closer than it use to be.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 pm

see I don't see the Lee win as one that made me change my opinion of Jr. No one single win does. Cause he really doesn't have a great win on his record. Some good wins, but nothing that will even remotely challenge what a win over Martinez would be.

Big question for me is, will Jr be able to handle Martinez's power. Will the bigger body enable him to walk through that guys punches. Again this is not Andy Lee. Cause the longer it goes, the better Jr's chances get imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

He's shown a pretty good beard so far, granted no elite fighters have tested it but it's solid none the less.

I was just impressed with how Jr was able to bully and breakdown such a big Middleweight like Lee.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 am

LOLZ

Chavez Jr looking at his dad like, well Ima get my ass whipped.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am

captain organic wrote:
Wow, so Jr will indeed have a big size advantage. Makes up, to an extent, for what I believe is Chavez not be properly seasoned for this level of fight.

Nothing against Sergio, but I'll be rooting for Jr, I've just been able to see him fight so much recently, and he delivers good action.

its finally payday, Jr is getting the most money and its worth a loss. IDK lets see the judging, Im betting the farm on Martinez, Chavez has padded his record, but he's still the same guy who got beat up by Matt Vanda.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 am

Ali wrote:
He's shown a pretty good beard so far, granted no elite fighters have tested it but it's solid none the less.

I was just impressed with how Jr was able to bully and breakdown such a big Middleweight like Lee.

Lee's been bullied before, Chavez isn't going to see the bombs coming imo.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Birdofthad wrote:
captain organic wrote:

its finally payday, Jr is getting the most money and its worth a loss. IDK lets see the judging, Im betting the farm on Martinez, Chavez has padded his record, but he's still the same guy who got beat up by Matt Vanda.

Nah Bird, u got it wrong. Jr has grown tremendously as a fighter. Dude is tough, fights tough, works the body, and is big, much bigger then Sergio. And younger. Would I have liked to have seen some higher level fights before getting a super fight with a p4p fighter, absolutely, but I don't flippantly write this off as a loss.

I do agree that Sergio's speed and skill could def pose problems for Jr. I think we will see very early just how big of a problem it will pose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face   Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face Empty

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr face to face
Page 1 of 1