Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!

Go down 
+3
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
timthebim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! Empty
PostSubject: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 am

In case some people didnt know this year is the twenty year reunion of the greatest basketball team ever put together the Dream Team. Well everyone remembers them for the huge blowouts and easy winning of a gold medal while alot of us around Detroit remember the team for not only that but because of the snub of Isiah Thomas not being selected on the team. Rumors were that Michael Jordan had threatened to not play had the US officials selected Isiah Thomas to the team and for as great as Isiah was he wasnt Michael Jordan. Now MJ denied this all the way up to recently where in a book he says yes that happened. Its been on talk radio for a few days around here and it still gets people fired up. The fact is there was probably 3 to 4 guys Isiah should have been on the team over but it didnt happen. Isiah was an awesome player and never received another chance to win a Gold Medal for his country which sucks. Well my actually question for you smart guys on this board is what has happened around your sports town that was off the field/court that gets your fan base fired up?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 am

That was fucked up of MJ. Not really anything off the court that pisses us off rather than our deadbeat owners trying to sneak out of town.

speaking of Isaiah Thomas's getting snubbed...what was up with Sacramento Kings rookie Isaiah Thomas placing 7th in rookie of the year voting despite winning 3 straight western converence rookie of the month awards? How does that even make sense? I guess it comes with the name.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
That was fucked up of MJ. Not really anything off the court that pisses us off rather than our deadbeat owners trying to sneak out of town.

speaking of Isaiah Thomas's getting snubbed...what was up with Sacramento Kings rookie Isaiah Thomas placing 7th in rookie of the year voting despite winning 3 straight western converence rookie of the month awards? How does that even make sense? I guess it comes with the name.

Yeah that was some BS.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:40 am

what a dick

every member of that team should come together just to celebrate that Magic Johnson is even still alive and that they are all still here after 20 years. Thats pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 am

timthebim wrote:
In case some people didnt know this year is the twenty year reunion of the greatest basketball team ever put together the Dream Team. Well everyone remembers them for the huge blowouts and easy winning of a gold medal while alot of us around Detroit remember the team for not only that but because of the snub of Isiah Thomas not being selected on the team. Rumors were that Michael Jordan had threatened to not play had the US officials selected Isiah Thomas to the team and for as great as Isiah was he wasnt Michael Jordan. Now MJ denied this all the way up to recently where in a book he says yes that happened. Its been on talk radio for a few days around here and it still gets people fired up. The fact is there was probably 3 to 4 guys Isiah should have been on the team over but it didnt happen. Isiah was an awesome player and never received another chance to win a Gold Medal for his country which sucks. Well my actually question for you smart guys on this board is what has happened around your sports town that was off the field/court that gets your fan base fired up?

The Dallas Cowboys WHite House - its basically known that Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Nate Newton, all those guys, had a house across the practice field in Valley Ranch where they did all kinds of drugs and strippers. Apparently the people that mowed the lawn on the practice field mowed the lawn at the "White House". Cowboys easily would have 1 more Super Bowl and possibly 2 more if Irvin hadn't really fucked the whole thing up, it was one thing after another. The false allegations of conspiring to hire a hit man, the hooker party , the drug party. He was constantly in court and rumor has it that Deion Sanders always tried to pull the Aikman is a southern white boy stuff and Irvin told him that Aikman came to his court hearings and was a real friend. Deion Sanders was the asshole everyone put up with cause he was that good. The instant he showed signs that he was slipping Jerry unloaded his ass and laughed when Redskins picked him up.

Laura Miller (former mayor of dallas) planned the "Victory Parade" in 2006 after the Mavs went up 2-0 against the Heat and released ithe route in the paper when the series was 2-1. She is also the reason the new Cowboy stadium i in Arlington not Dallas, she is a FUCKING MORON !!!!! Also it is widely known that the Mavs went to south beach up 2-0 and partied and fucked everything in sight. It was so bad Avery Johnson had to change the team hotel during the series.

Texas &M ratted out SMU, story goes A&M gave a recruit a car, he drove it to Dallas and went to SMU, A&M and Texas rat out SMU for paying players (when everyone in SWC and Big 12 was and is) SMU gets death penalty, top 10 program is completely destroyed and NCAA will never do it again. Its hard to imagine but in the 80's some of those SMU teams absolutely destroyed Texas and A&M, they got screwed out of the National TItle one year.

Bryan Hopkins - Lincoln High School won the 4A High School National Championship going 30-0 and beating Carmelo Anthony's Oak Hill (they played at Reunion Arena in Dallas and drew 30,000 it was nuts I went) there was 4 college players on Lincoln that year. Chris Bosh, Bryan Hopkins, Byran Eaton (Oklahoma State pg) and Ryan Hopkins. Bosh is the duh, but Bryan Hopkins was the pg and lead the team in scoring with 28 and 9 assists. He could jump out of the gym. They beat my HS 94-16 that year and Bosh wouldn't dunk on us, he made a point of it. Bosh went to Georgia Tech, Hopkins had offers to Louisville and Duke but went to SMU because they were the only college to offer his twin brother a basketball scholarship. Eaton was a freshman and started at OK. State for 4 years. But Bryan Hopkins was the man on that team. He started all 4 years at SMU but had 3 different coaches 4 years and never really got better while their.

Everyone knows that old golfer Greg Norman got a BJ in the tunnel at Byran Nelson

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 am

Bird, I think you heard wrong about SMU of the 80s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am

MJ got his revenge for the all-star snub Isiah organized against MJ.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

freakzilla wrote:
MJ got his revenge for the all-star snub Isiah organized against MJ.

BS. Not defending what MJ did.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 am

Didn't he play on Dream Team 2? I could of swore he played for USA one time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:24 am

The Dream Team premiers tomorrow night on NBATV. I am going to check it out, it looks interesting.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/05/30/Dream_Team_30.nba
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
The Dream Team premiers tomorrow night on NBATV. I am going to check it out, it looks interesting.

Already got it set on the DVR.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Looks very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

How so ?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

How so ?

1) How could A&M rat out SMU without getting caught giving Dickerson the Firebird?

2) It was one of SMU's own players that got kicked out of school that ratted them out.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

I cant believe Skip Bayless is actually argueing the point that it was fair for Michael Jordan to pick the roster and leave Isiah off the squad.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I really enjoyed this, wish it was longer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't have NBATV, anywhere I can watch it?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

OU wrote:

Call your local cable provider I'm sure they carry it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

I'm not paying for NBA TV. I get every Thunder game, that's good enough.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I really enjoyed this, wish it was longer.

It was really good made me remember why the NBA was my favorite sport to watch in the 90's now it's my third or fourth.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:

I'm not paying for NBA TV. I get every Thunder game, that's good enough.

Jakes on you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!   Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion! Empty

Back to top Go down

Isiah Thomas snub 20 year reunion!
Page 1 of 1