Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Cu Bu
killerofchicken
jewzilla
GDPofDRC
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson   UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:04 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
UFC on FX 3 took place at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., and featured the promotion's first-ever flyweight headliner with Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall II.

The two-hour main card, which boasted four fights on FX, endured a decrease of 300,000 viewers (21 percent) from the 1.4 million that tuned in for March's UFC on FX 2 event. With January's UFC on FX 1 event drawing 1.3 million viewers, the UFC on FX 3 ratings now represents the smallest total audience in the short history of the series.

The three-hour preliminary card, which featured Mike Pierce outwrestling Carlos Eduardo Rocha en route to an oddly-scored split-decision win, featured six bouts and saw a decrease of 29,000 viewers from UFC on FX 2, netting an average of 84,000 viewers for the broadcast.

Earlier this year, the UFC moved much of its live-event programming from Spike TV to FX and FUEL TV thanks to the seven-year deal with FOX. All three UFC on FX events have aired on Friday nights.

The complete list of ratings figures for UFC on FX events as compiled by MMAjunkie.com includes:
•UFC on FX 2: Alves vs. Kampmann - 1.4 million viewers
•UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller - 1.3 million viewers
•UFC on FX 3: Johnson vs. McCall - 1.1 million viewers

And the corresponding ratings figures for FUEL TV's "UFC Prelims" broadcasts include:
•UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller - 148,000 viewers
•UFC on FX 2: Alves vs. Kampmann - 113,000 viewers
•UFC on FX 3: Johnson vs. McCall - 84,000 viewers

Right or wrong, but the weight class and names go down then so do the ratings.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson   UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I agree that McCall-DJ was not likely to draw a lot of interest.

Edit:I typed out a paragraph but i missed that Alves-Kamp did better than Miller-Melvin and fucked my post..my bad
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson   UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I was not impressed with his performance. If he won, McCall simply didnt work enough..and outside of the second round McCall simply didnt work enough.

I think Johnson brings new meaning to deceptively quick. He's so fast it deceptively looks like he does something of note when he actually decides to engage.

My whole take on this(watching the fights) has been mighty mouse has been fast enough to tag creepy but creepy doesn't respect the power mixed with his defense has not looked tight in the last two fights. I think the reason the first fight was a draw and he reason mouse won this fight was because even if he wasn't mentally hurting McCall, he was moving inside with good footwork and landing combinations . Johnson's stand up (hands ) have looked the better in the 2 fights but it's clear McCall had more power , he didn't respect mouse on either fight and waded into shots or didn't have his hands up and took shots.

I got mighty mouse 1 now call me old fashioned , but wheb you beat the man you become the man.it sucks but McCall is the champ at 125 who cares what this tourney says

Crowned by who?

Joe has beaten Curran, Torres, Fabiano, Wineland, and Urushitani. I know they aren't all Flys, but that resume is much better than McCalls or Mouse's. Joe is deservingly ranked higher and will beat Mouse.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson   UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I was not impressed with his performance. If he won, McCall simply didnt work enough..and outside of the second round McCall simply didnt work enough.

I think Johnson brings new meaning to deceptively quick. He's so fast it deceptively looks like he does something of note when he actually decides to engage.

My whole take on this(watching the fights) has been mighty mouse has been fast enough to tag creepy but creepy doesn't respect the power mixed with his defense has not looked tight in the last two fights. I think the reason the first fight was a draw and he reason mouse won this fight was because even if he wasn't mentally hurting McCall, he was moving inside with good footwork and landing combinations . Johnson's stand up (hands ) have looked the better in the 2 fights but it's clear McCall had more power , he didn't respect mouse on either fight and waded into shots or didn't have his hands up and took shots.

I got mighty mouse 1 now call me old fashioned , but wheb you beat the man you become the man.it sucks but McCall is the champ at 125 who cares what this tourney says

Crowned by who?

When he beat Jussier da Silva

Joe b has one fight attge weight class and looked great vs urushitani but McCall was the man jn te division

Joe has beaten Curran, Torres, Fabiano, Wineland, and Urushitani. I know they aren't all Flys, but that resume is much better than McCalls or Mouse's. Joe is deservingly ranked higher and will beat Mouse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson   UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FX: McCall vs Johnson
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4