Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So Im coaching a girls tee ball team

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
Ludo
timthebim
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

So Im coaching a girls tee ball team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Im coaching a girls tee ball team   So Im coaching a girls tee ball team - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:24 am

Yeah right now Im trying to walk a fine line of teaching without making it seem like Im bitching to much. Im really surprised that my girls are alot better than I thought though. I think my girls have some real potential.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: So Im coaching a girls tee ball team   So Im coaching a girls tee ball team - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:28 pm

you will do a lot of coaching from the sidelines as girls that age will pick up most tactics in actual play and not in practice as much. Its hard to get all of them to focus at once so be patient and always be ready for the one Dbag parent that thinks he or she knows it all and should of signed up to coach in the first place. Your in the same boat I was last year as I offered to asst my daughters basketball and ended up being head coach. It was a blast to say the least. Keep it simple and fun and get the parents to help them at home on non practice nights with what ever they need help with. Remember to explain to them in the game what they are doing right and wrong so they can see it in action. Also try to take them to a highschool game or something so they can see it on a bigger stage and create even more excitement for them. High fives all day long keeps em going. Enjoy it man cause you never know if you will get the chance again. Also draw things out as well as putting into play.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: So Im coaching a girls tee ball team   So Im coaching a girls tee ball team - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:26 pm

SOKO wrote:
you will do a lot of coaching from the sidelines as girls that age will pick up most tactics in actual play and not in practice as much. Its hard to get all of them to focus at once so be patient and always be ready for the one Dbag parent that thinks he or she knows it all and should of signed up to coach in the first place. Your in the same boat I was last year as I offered to asst my daughters basketball and ended up being head coach. It was a blast to say the least. Keep it simple and fun and get the parents to help them at home on non practice nights with what ever they need help with. Remember to explain to them in the game what they are doing right and wrong so they can see it in action. Also try to take them to a highschool game or something so they can see it on a bigger stage and create even more excitement for them. High fives all day long keeps em going. Enjoy it man cause you never know if you will get the chance again. Also draw things out as well as putting into play.

Some very good advice SOKO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Im coaching a girls tee ball team   So Im coaching a girls tee ball team - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So Im coaching a girls tee ball team
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2