Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' Empty
PostSubject: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:29 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/28/3048163/ufc-148-chael-sonnen-vs-anderson-silva-palhares-mma-news

UFC middleweight Rousimar Palhares received a peculiar request in the last few weeks - Chael Sonnen asked to train with him. Toquinho, who is coming off a tough loss to Alan Belcher at UFC on Fox 3 earlier this month, is a gifted submission grappler and could help Sonnen, who rematches Anderson Silva at UFC 148 for the UFC middleweight title, shore up his defensive liabilities on the ground (I guess), but Palhares was having none of it. He told Tatame he wasn't interested in helping the American:

"He asked to train with me for Anderson but I’m not training anyone… Murilo said his coach has called him saying he wanted to come and train with me, but I said I won’t do it."

He also made it very clear whom he pledges his allegiance to. And even took a shot at Chael in the process:

"I’m rooting for Anderson", guarantees. "A fight is a fight… If he fights as much as he talks… Let’s see".

I don't think Sonnen will have a problem finding training partners either way, but it's interesting that he might go to Palhares of all people for help.

Last edited by freakzilla on Mon May 28, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:31 pm

(official discussion)? Too soon for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I thought it would be cool to leave all the discussion here. I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Toekeynyo would of probably spilled Sonnen's knee if they trained anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Well it's only took Sonnen about eight submission loses to realize he needs to fix that part of his game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Ali wrote:
Well it's only took Sonnen about eight submission loses to realize he needs to fix that part of his game.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Sonnen is so incredibly active on the ground he sets himself up for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Ali wrote:

Get ready to make it 9.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:15 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:

Get ready to make it 9.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:16 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:

Get ready to make it 9.

YEP! I'm routing for a KO though but more than likely he'll get tapped and claim he didn't tap yet again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:22 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:

Get ready to make it 9.

YEP! I'm routing for a KO though but more than likely he'll get tapped and claim he didn't tap yet again.

I am hoping for a public excecution Mortal Kombat style.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:52 pm

He's been training with Vinny anyway, and Anderson ain't no leglock expert except when it comes to getting tapped by them
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He's been training with Vinny anyway, and Anderson ain't no leglock expert except when it comes to getting tapped by them

Bobbitt Anderson is going to beat Chael anyway he wants to. Im with Ali thats hope for Mortal Combat style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'   UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me' Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 148: Rousimar Palhares: 'Chael Sonnen Asked To Train With Me'
Page 1 of 1