Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rousimar Palhares get cut

Go down 
+6
OU
KingsOwn19
Ludo
oggy420
Ninja
bobbitt15
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Rousimar Palhares get cut Empty
PostSubject: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:30 pm

RT @JeremySchaap @danawhite tells me on @ESPNOlbermann that Rousimar Palhares is banned. won't ever fight for UFC again... He got Babalu'd.

Peace out midget brain
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 pm

I guess we will see Paul Harris 185 tourney winner vs Storm sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:43 pm

the guy is talented

but just fucking dirty. I agree with the decision. I thought they would fine him but he has done this multiple times and there is no place in this sport for those kind of street thug antics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Fair enough. I think he'll fight at 170 in Bellator.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Can't say I disagree with the decision. How many people has he injured far worse than was necessary by holding kneebars and heel hooks too long?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Ludo wrote:
Can't say I disagree with the decision. How many people has he injured far worse than was necessary by holding kneebars and heel hooks too long?

I think it shows the lack of respect he has not only for his opponents, but for the martial art of jiu jitsu. Everyone knows you don't fuck around with heel hooks and knee bars like that. You can very easily end someone's career like that, and possibly permanently damage them to the point where they will be very limited in physical activity for the rest of their life.

If anyone pulled some shit like that where I train they'd be kicked out in a flash. It is always made clear when we are drilling heel hooks or leg locks of any kind really that you should go very slow and let go as soon as they tap.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:40 pm

you reap what you sow. Id probably have no problem with him getting cut after doing this once, but he's done it a few times. Atleast Babalu was angry at Heath and let his emotions get the better of him, Babalu didnt have any history before or after of being a dirty fighter. No excuse but Palhares does it to everybody he manages to get in that hold in MMA or just regular BJJ/Submission grappling competition.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:18 am

IMO most incidents individually doesn't look that bad. Most of the time he seems to close his eyes or atleast focus really hard when cranking for the finish. I use to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. There is no doubt in my mind Marquardt had some substance on his leg, no one else has ever "slipped" out of his leg lock that easy. But enough is enough with this guy. Those leg locks are potential career enders.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

He needed to be cut and hopefully this sends a message to all fighters worldwide why you can't do what Whosayma did.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Askren since he can fight elsewhere now.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 am

Rousimar Palhares infamously held a heel hook vs. Mike Pierce at UFN 29 on Wed, and was released by the UFC, for life. An obvious place for him go would be Bellator, but CEO Bjorn Rebney says he is not interested.

"Risks already exist for the courageous, world class fighters who enter the Bellator cage; without adding further unnecessary risks into the mix," Rebney told TMZ. "Fighter safety is paramount to me and my team."

In an interview with MMAJunkie, Palhares' manager Alex Davis responded.

I never asked Bellator if they would have him in the first place – and if I had, it would have been on an email or a phone call! But Bellator goes out there in public and says they don't want him. I have a feeling they will come to regret that one.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:19 pm

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares

t's been a bad bad week for former UFC Welterweight Rousimar Palhares. First he didn't get the Submission of the Night bonus for tapping out Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29. Then he was cut from the UFC for holding the dangerous heel hook submission too long (and injuring Pierce's knee in the process). Then he was suspended for 120 days by Brazil's CABMMA. Then Bellator's Bjorn Rebney said they had no interest in signing him.

Now the biggest star of the only other major North American promotion says he wouldn't fight Palhares under any circumstances. Here's what Jon Fitch of the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) told Brian Hemminger:

"It was a second offense," said Fitch. "Holding onto a submission too long, especially with a joint lock like that. You're talking about ending someone's career potentially. I think it was the right move (to release him). I personally wouldn't accept a fight with [Palhares] because of those. One time maybe, but not twice. I would never even compete against him honestly. If he's got that long of a history of holding onto them too long, his career should probably be done because no one should take a fight with him or a grappling match with him for that matter."

And if Fitch were offered a fight against Palhares?

"It would be the first time in my career that I turned down a fight."

Asia's One FC remains the last major MMA promotion in the world not to weigh in on Palhares.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 am

lets see paul harris vs daily and when daily sleeps him he pounds on his face for a bit longer

maybe it changes how he looks at holding a sub too long
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:52 am

Cu Bu wrote:
lets see paul harris vs daily and when daily sleeps him he pounds on his face for a bit longer

maybe it changes how he looks at holding a sub too long
Paul Daley would get ragdolled and his leg snapped.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:02 am

I'd be ok with either one doing those to the other.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 pm

He's done this before he was in the UFC, three times now in the UFC, in BJJ grappling tournaments, to his training partners in the gym, and is a busted roider. No one should be defending this guy, he is unsafe he shouldn't be licensed to compete, his actions are becoming criminal. It's not everyone else, it's him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rousimar Palhares get cut   Rousimar Palhares get cut Empty

Back to top Go down

Rousimar Palhares get cut
Page 1 of 1