Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Empty
PostSubject: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Carl Froch 167.7lbs vs. Lucian Bute 167.1lbs

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Bute-froch%20(2)

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Bute-froch%20(1)

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Bute-froch%20(3)

May 26
At Nottingham, England (Epix and EpixHD.com):
Lucian Bute vs. Carl Froch, 12 rounds, for Bute's IBF super middleweight title

I am not sure what time this will be on in America, the card starts at 10pm UK time.

Last edited by Ali on Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Bute is creepy
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:17 am

I am pumped too.

I am leaning heavily towards Bute, I see his body shots breaking Carl down for a stoppage. Carl is a tough sob though so I wouldn't be shocked if he took Bute to the distance.

I just hope there won't be any dodgy scorecards given it's in Nottingham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 5:39 am

Quote :
Larry (Salem, OR)
Will the Bute-Froch fight be at 6pm ET or is that when the card starts?

Dan Rafael
(3:33 PM)
At 5:30 pm ET, Epix has a half hour preview show. At 6 pm the fight telecast starts. We have an hour or undercard stuff and analysis and features. The main is supposed to go at 7 pm ET, which is midnight here in Nottingham. That's the sked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm

HOLY SHIT FROCH FUCKING DOMINATED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Froch straight up obliterated Bute.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I always thought Bute was chinny..this more than proves it.

Like to see Froch fight Kessler in a rematch.

Bute career is kind of ruined..I guess he could fight AA or Stieglitz to salvage something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Ninja wrote:

Bute career is kind of ruined..I guess he could fight AA or Stieglitz to salvage something...

I'd love to see Froch avenge that loss to Kessler in Nottingham, he went to Denmark and lost a close decision in a WAR. I only had Carl losing by two rounds in that fight.

There's a rematch clause for this fight to now go to Canada, I'd be amazed if Bute's team activate it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm

FUCK

i missed it. How could i forget?

summary
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Ali wrote:
Ninja wrote:

I'd love to see Froch avenge that loss to Kessler in Nottingham, he went to Denmark and lost a close decision in a WAR. I only had Carl losing by two rounds in that fight.

There's a rematch clause for this fight to now go to Canada, I'd be amazed if Bute's team activate it.

Froch is bad news for him...Bute should focus on winning the WBO belt and fighting the rest of his career back in Canada..

Kessler, Ward, Froch, Dirrel bros all beat Bute.

AA is pick em.

He would beat that bum Stieglitz

Last edited by Ninja on Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
FUCK

i missed it. How could i forget?

summary

Bute just couldn't handle the power and aggression of Froch...every time Carl landed it hurt Bute...4th and 5th rounds Carl was just unloading on Bute. The ref saved Bute's life who was out on his feet in the 5th.

Bute looked good for some parts and landed some good counter punches early, but Froch didn't even flinch. Lucian is great boxer with a bellow average chin.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

I bet Showtime wishes they picked this fight up so they werent stuck with the task of figuring out what to do with a debunked Lucian Bute. Also it could have served to pump up Froch for a potential rematch with Kessler, which needs to happen after their first battle.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:51 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:30 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I bet Showtime wishes they picked this fight up so they werent stuck with the task of figuring out what to do with a debunked Lucian Bute. Also it could have served to pump up Froch for a potential rematch with Kessler, which needs to happen after their first battle.

Showtime and HBO are complete morons for turning down that fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Last night did prove however that Andre Ward is without a doubt the P4P king in waiting.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:45 pm

ahahha ya gotta love hearing people chant BOOO-TAY BOOO-TAY BOO-TAY!

man Froch just owned him, theory, fighting some of the best 168 pounders in the world served Froch well. Froch was overextending at times and walking into left hands but he really does have a good chin.

there goes all of Butes hype , he shouldn't get any credit for not being in the tournament
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:34 am

Ali wrote:
Last night did prove however that Andre Ward is without a doubt the P4P king in waiting.

didn't prove anything about andre ward, he wasn't in the ring. it was certainly an impressive performance though, i was expecting a much closer fight than that.

it has to be froch/kessler 2 now, either that or move up for a fight with cleverly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:38 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
Ali wrote:

didn't prove anything about andre ward, he wasn't in the ring. it was certainly an impressive performance though, i was expecting a much closer fight than that.

it has to be froch/kessler 2 now, either that or move up for a fight with cleverly.

Carl's obliteration of Bute just goes to show how talented Ward is, he handled Froch with ease.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:03 am

Ali wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
Ali wrote:

Carl's obliteration of Bute just goes to show how talented Ward is, he handled Froch with ease.

styles make fights, as you know ali. i presume that's why you weren't bigging up pacquiao for beating the shit out of cotto after mayweather did just about enough to keep his nose a few rounds ahead against the same opponent. if ward fought bute, i doubt we'd see a performance as devastating as the one froch produced, but that wouldn't make froch the better fighter now would it?

people only say these things when it supports their own p4p list Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Empty

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute
Page 1 of 1