Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Empty
PostSubject: EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Quote :
EPIX has officially announced that a deal was finalized to secure the American television rights for the anticipated fight between IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (30-0, 24 KOs) and challenger Carl Froch (28-2, 20 KOs). The bout takes place on May 26th in Froch's backyard of Nottingham. Bute, who has an exclusive television deal with Showtime, was forced to find an alternative American outlet when Showtime, and HBO, took a pass on the opportunity to televise the fight with Froch. Bute is still contractually obligated for one more fight with Showtime.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bute-vs-froch-showdown-land-on-epix-on-26th--51345

Showtime and HBO are silly for passing on this.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 am

damn, no love.

I understand if Showtime wants to save Bute last fight for Ward, but i'm surprised this fight could not get higher profile distribution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

Quote :
Although the Lucian Bute-Carl Froch super middleweight title bout is one of the most significant fights on the boxing schedule, Showtime didn't want the fight and even allowed Bute, whom it has under contract, a one-fight out to take it elsewhere. Also showing no interest was HBO, which has a full spring schedule and wasn't particularly interested in helping build up Bute for Showtime.

But premium network Epix was interested from the start, and this week it landed exclusive U.S. broadcast rights to the May 26 bout that will take place in Nottingham, England, Froch's hometown. Epix will televise the fight live and offer a live stream on EpixHD.com. As has become custom, Epix also will simulcast the fight on the jumbotron in New York's Times Square.

Bute (30-0, 24 KOs), a native of Romania who has fought mostly in his adopted hometown of Montreal, recently became a Canadian citizen. For his first bout since -- his 10th title defense -- Bute, who has been criticized in some quarters for defending his title only in Quebec, is leaving the comforts of home to fight in Froch's hometown.

"I am very pleased that boxing fans in the United States won't miss this war between Carl Froch and me," Bute said.

Froch (28-2, 20 KOs), a former two-time super middleweight titlist, will be facing Bute in his first fight since losing a decision to Andre Ward in a title-unification bout in Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic final in December.

Said Froch: "I'm thrilled that Epix has taken on my fight with Lucian. I have a lot of fans across the pond, and it is important that they get to see this fight live. It's going to be a great atmosphere in my hometown on the night because it's been so long since I've boxed there, and I think people will be impressed at the noise and passion my fans show when they turn out in force. Along with the class inside the ring on the night, it's going to be a must-see event."
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Dont get EPIX Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute   EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute Empty

Back to top Go down

EPIX will show Carl Froch vs. Lucian Bute
Page 1 of 1