Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
josh200612
timthebim
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:49 pm

"Jon Jones is really good. He's really good. It's different, for sure. If he comes up to the heavyweight division, it's gonna be tough for us, for sure. I really like him, but if he comes up to the heavyweight division, and he gets the chance to fight for the title, we're gonna fight. I will give my best to beat him. It doesn't matter who my opponent is. If it's gonna be him, I don't care."

I don't care about who's gonna be my opponent. I never choose my opponents. It just depends on the UFC. But I don't think Overeem deserves to be fighting or the title, at this point, because he failed the drug test. So, I think Cain Velasquez deserves his rematch against me. It just depends on the UFC. If they tell me to fight Overeem or Cain Velasquez or I don't know who, I'll be ready to fight."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 am

Jones does not get the better of JDS in the significant strike department, as in, Bones might be able to connect on number of punches, but those punches will not hurt as much as the punches JDS lands on Bones, which I think he will at, at least land an equal amount to what Jones is landing. In other words, both could end up eating each others punches but Jones would be eating harder shots than JDS would. Jones does not have his way taking JDS down and suffers punches worse than he can give because of that and ultimately ends up paying for it in a loss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 pm

I disagree with none of that in theory, but Jones is so tricky, unprecitable and decieptive he could give JDS a lot of issues timing him and getting close. Jones is by far the most dynamic strikers JDS would ever have seen and may ever seen in his combat sports career. He can kick, use standing elbows, spinning attacks all together better than anyone who has ever fought at HW possibly. So, we could see the comparative one dimensional nature of JDS's attack exploited here. And if Jones could toss him from the clinch, and reign elbows...

This is a fight I'd love to see.

None of the superfights out there that should happen between divisional monsters ever happen. No Anderson vs Jones or GSP. I'd like to see one of these types of fights happen sooner or later damn it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:25 pm

The last one to happen was GSP v bj.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I disagree with none of that in theory, but Jones is so tricky, unprecitable and decieptive he could give JDS a lot of issues timing him and getting close. Jones is by far the most dynamic strikers JDS would ever have seen and may ever seen in his combat sports career. He can kick, use standing elbows, spinning attacks all together better than anyone who has ever fought at HW possibly. So, we could see the comparative one dimensional nature of JDS's attack exploited here. And if Jones could toss him from the clinch, and reign elbows...

This is a fight I'd love to see.

None of the superfights out there that should happen between divisional monsters ever happen. No Anderson vs Jones or GSP. I'd like to see one of these types of fights happen sooner or later damn it.

Yeah like Bones is going to do that to JDS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos   UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 146: Jon Jones Considers Challenging Junior Dos Santos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2