Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Move that could have changed history...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Move that could have changed history... Empty
PostSubject: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/7/2781569/dana-white-ufc-the-ultimate-fighter-tuf-brazil-india-updates-stephan-bonnar
The Near Exile Of Stephan Bonnar

White told a story about how Bonnar was almost kicked off the first season of TUF after getting antsy during the longest filming schedule in show history:

"Bonnar turned the shower on, climbed out the window and went to find a liquor store. Remember we took all the liquor out after that big fight? These idiots...we had been driving these guys around for six or seven weeks and the house is in the middle of nowhere. There was no liquor store near there. The guy was walking around for an hour and thirty minutes. So much crazy (expletive) happened that first season. Imagine if I had kicked off him off the show for going to a liquor store? Forrest (Griffin) and Stephan would have never happened."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 pm

We might not be here today.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:17 pm

wow, very close call
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Now thats dedication to the drink.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Ludo wrote:
I'm sure that house was enough to drive most people insane.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm

sad that UFC's rise partially hinges on Stephan Bonnar...i think Tito-Shamrock deserve a lot of credit...though they were all slaughters, the build up were probably the first UFC or MMA fights that garnered interest from people that didnt regularly watch MMA and national media.

It's funny that while it gets a bunch of credit for making the UFC, most fans i talk to have never even seen that fight, but those might be the UFC 100 people.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
sad that UFC's rise partially hinges on Stephan Bonnar...i think Tito-Shamrock deserve a lot of credit...though they were all slaughters, the build up were probably the first UFC or MMA fights that garnered interest from people that didnt regularly watch MMA and national media.

It's funny that while it gets a bunch of credit for making the UFC, most fans i talk to have never even seen that fight, but those might be the UFC 100 people.
Well it's undeniable the domino effect that fight had. The ratings went up as the fight went on. There is a reason why it gets a ton of credit, because it deserves a ton of credit. That fight was big for the UFC remaining on SPIKE and the the UFC being on SPIKE was a major reason for it's growth.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Yeah but turning the shower on and jumping out the window? Thats some meth addict in rehab type shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Yeah but turning the shower on and jumping out the window? Thats some meth addict in rehab type shit.
I dunno, I bet after awhile being in that house with those people you just want to get the hell out of there. They are shut out from the world in there for an extended time with a bunch of crazy people.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm

It isn't THAT long. It's only 5-7 weeks or so. Thats the length of the average training camp.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Ludo wrote:
It isn't THAT long. It's only 5-7 weeks or so. Thats the length of the average training camp.
Yeah but it's not the same. During training camp you still have communication with your friends and family, most of the time you can sleep in your own bed. You can still have TV, internet and other entertainment. You are training with your team that you are familiar with. In that house you are in there with people you don't know, you have no communication with the outside world. No TV or internet. You have to cut weight multiple times, nothing about it is normal.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

a meth addict must have wrote the script then.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

A shitload of alpha-males in a house? That is not the same as being in the fucking barracks in training. Besides in basic, you are usually so tired by the end of the day, you don't give shit about anything but sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't understand why they don't let them watch t.v.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 pm

That's one long shower, must have been thinking of Cristiane Santos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move that could have changed history...   Move that could have changed history... Empty

Back to top Go down

Move that could have changed history...
Page 1 of 1