Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diaz on GSP's injury

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Diaz on GSP's injury Empty
PostSubject: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm

http://lowkick.blitzcorner.com/UFC/Nick-Diaz-talks-UFC-143-wants-to-see-a-proof-of-GSPs-injury-15052

Nick Diaz talks UFC 143, wants to see proof of GSP's injuryOriginally posted by Anton Gurevich on February 2, 2012, 08:04 AM CDT Cool Poor 20 This weekend, former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz will look to make another step towards capturing the UFC Welterweight title from the hands of Georges St. Pierre, facing Carlos Condit for the Interim belt in the main event of UFC 143. Diaz spoke about his upcoming match-up with "The Natural Born Killer" in Las Vegas, Nevada, and his expectations from a man who has a total of 26 finishes out of 27 career victories on his professional Mixed Martial Arts record. Nick Diaz also spoke about Georges St. Pierre's injury, once again asking for the French-Canadian to provide a proof of his torn ACL.

Nick Diaz:

"They want me to fight Georges, but who knows maybe Georges isn't even hurt. Have anyone seen pictures of his surgery? Because I haven't. I don't know, maybe they are out everywhere and everyone knows about them, but I just haven't. I want to see some photograph or video. I'm not saying Georges isn't hurt or anything, but I don't know, he's fighting already? If I let someone chop my knee open I wouldn't fight next year."

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:50 pm

I think GSP should hand over to Nick Diaz, in a public forum, his medical records concerning the injury on one condition. Nick Diaz has to read it out loud in a microphone.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Diaz trying to convey competent medical etymology through speech? Wouldn't that be embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:59 pm

I just hate how GSP now has a built in excuse for when he gets beat. Long layoff, coming back from knee surgery. He would have lost anyways.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:05 pm

That's pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 pm

I just find it annoying, because that is exactly what would happen if GSP lost. Excuses out the ass.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Sounds like insecurity
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Sounds like reality to me. You know the excuses would fly in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I would just love to watch Nick Diaz trying to sound out the words.

"Ant-Ear-eye-or. Cruck-tee-ate. L-eye-gay-ment....What the fuck is that, Cesar?"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:24 pm

OU wrote:

That you're choosing to overlook Condit to point out your fear of what you think people are going to point out as an excuse if Diaz did beat GSP in the future kinda says it all. You already have sour grapes about a hypothetical future in which you even play out your preferred scenario.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:29 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

That you're choosing to overlook Condit to point out your fear of what you think people are going to point out as an excuse if Diaz did beat GSP in the future kinda says it all. You already have sour grapes about a hypothetical future in which you even play out your preferred scenario.
Weak sauce. Just because I'm giving my thoughts on what I think will go down doesn't mean I'm counting out Condit. I think most of my post about the Diaz-Condit fight would support that. I think Condit is a more difficult opponent then GSP. Some of you guys just hate Diaz too much, I think that is why you are annoyed by the post.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 pm

St. Pierre suffered a complete tear of his ACL, a partial tear of his MCL and is expected to be sidelined for around 10 months. But I guess something like that should fall in the excuse category, not reason, if it somehow effected his ability to preform in the cage? Excuses and reasons are the same right? Or does bias dictate that?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:35 pm

If _______ is injured, has surgery and takes significant time off and comes back to fighting and loses, they are a punk with excuses no reasons. Why is that always the case?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Just because it's an "excuse" does that mean it can't be true? The layoff could be a factor in the fight, if it comes out that it's obvious that is the case, it's still an "excuse". I didn't perform up to my ability because ______= excuse. Now I know that word carries alot of negative meaning in the fight game. But all I was really saying is it sucks that those types of "questions" if that makes you more comfortable, will be there at the end of the fight. As a fan of Diaz I wish he was fighting GSP under better circumstances, assuming that fight ever happens. So the terminology is what was the issue? I think I used the word correctly, it's just that word carries so much negativity for fight fans.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:43 pm

When it comes to injuries and the significant effect of time off, I think about Shogun. the Shogun we saw fight JBJ isn't the Shogun Rua we all know. He was stiff and a bit flabby from his time off. So I don't see how people would see it any other way, unless they are stupid.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Not sure you know the difference between excuse and reason.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
When it comes to injuries and the significant effect of time off, I think about Shogun. the Shogun we saw fight JBJ isn't the Shogun Rua we all know. He was stiff and a bit flabby from his time off. So I don't see how people would see it any other way, unless they are stupid.
That's one thing I never really agreed with. The Shogun flab hasn't really had any significant difference in any recent fight IMO. He did appear to be out of shape, but body type is not the reason I say that. He appeared to have very similar flab vs Hendo IMO. That's just how he rolls...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Not sure you know the difference between excuse and reason.
I don't think you understand the use of the word excuse. Like I said you have some negative meaning attached to the word when it's fits just the same. You can have a valid excuse, not every excuse is BS. "I had a short camp" is an example of a valid excuse. I think you are the one confused with the usage of the terminology. But again, I think it all stems from your feelings toward Diaz.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

I have only drawn from your initial message where you lay out the context for negativity. And not being a Diaz nutthugger in no way effects my comprehension of the two words meaning.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:00 pm

I think my fandom of Diaz is known enough by everyone that I don't need a disclaimer. The original message wasn't ment to be taken 100% serious anyways. But I still think you are trying to nit pick terminology, which I still say I used correctly.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Look. When GSP is healthy and if Diaz can beat Condit, we will find out. I still want to hear Nick trying to read a medical report.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Look. When GSP is healthy and if Diaz can beat Condit, we will find out. I still want to hear Nick trying to read a medical report.
What proof do you have that Nick is literate?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:11 pm

OU wrote:
What proof do you have that Nick is literate?

Good point Sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 pm

OU wrote:
I just hate how GSP now has a built in excuse for when he gets beat. Long layoff, coming back from knee surgery. He would have lost anyways.

+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Why do Spider fans hate GSP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diaz on GSP's injury   Diaz on GSP's injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Diaz on GSP's injury
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next