Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"

Go down 
+4
acccardinal12
josh200612
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" Empty
PostSubject: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am

http://dextergr.blogspot.com/2012/01/michael-c-hall-is-not-willing-to.html?spref=tw

Michael C Hall is no longer surprised when an A-list Hollywood star sidles up to him at a party and whispers in his ear a desire to be a serial killer. It happens all the time. "They have had two or three drinks and I wonder about their sincerity," Hall, the 40-year-old who plays a serial killer in the hit TV series Dexter, laughs.

The big time actors want to go head-to-head with Hall's character Dexter Morgan, a blood splatter analyst working for the Miami-Metro Police Department who secretly hunts and kills other murderers. "I've been amazed by some of the people who have said it,'' Hall adds. "It is flattering to have people of note lobby, at least casually, to be on the show.''

Hall will not say who the A-Listers are, or who he would like to see on the show in future episodes, but some Dexter guest stars include Jimmy Smits, Edward James Olmos, Jonny Lee Miller, Mos Def, Colin Hanks and the most chilling of all, John Lithgow, as the ultra-creepy Trinity Killer in season four.

"I would hesitate to say because, if I said, it may make it less of a possibility," Hall says of his guest star wish list. Read more after the jump...

North Carolina-born Hall has had a charmed TV career, beginning with being cast in 2001 as closeted homosexual David Fisher in Six Feet Under, an award-winning TV series following a dysfunctional family that runs a California funeral parlour. The show ran until 2005.

In 2006 Hall was cast as the lead in Dexter, won best actor Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for the role, and recently the US TV network that airs Dexter in America, Showtime, renewed Dexter for seasons seven and eight.

Hall laughs when it is pointed out death is a central theme in Six Feet Under and Dexter and the sets of both series are filled with dead bodies.

"Yeah, I'd love to do a comedy where nobody died,'' he giggles.

"It is not in my mission statement as an actor that I must always be surrounded by dead bodies.

"Look, the issue of life and death are fundamental.

"I'm thankful I have been spending time with material that is close to one of the fundamental roots to be a person.''

Hall says the season eight finale will be the last we see of Dexter, with the actor not willing to continue the show.

As for his prediction for how Dexter will bow out, he is keeping his cards close to his chest, although it appears Dexter may come to a grisly end just like his many victims.

"I do have an idea about how this story may end, but those decision are yet to be set in stone,'' Hall says.

"To be honest, it is difficult for me to foresee a happy ending for this character.''
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

It was a good run
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 am

MMAEYES wrote:
It was a good great run

Corrected.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 am

they milked the cow long enough... butcher it and make some burgers at this point
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:46 am

We are going on season 7 this year right? I don't see why it would go further, I mean it's been on a long time and there is no need to drag this show into the ground we need to get to a turning point here soon and I'm glad we are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 am

Yeah there are 2 seasons left which works out to exactly 24 episodes.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 am

The funny thing about this is that when someone plays this kind of role like Anthony Hopkins with Hannibal, they never wanna go further with it when everyone loves their character they just don't wanna be known for just that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 am

I just hope they don't kill him off.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

If he does die it's not gonna be by some random killer in the show it will be someone close to him I bet. You live by the knife die by it right? He's gonna die the last episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:52 am

josh200612 wrote:
If he does die it's not gonna be by some random killer in the show it will be someone close to him I bet. You live by the knife die by it right? He's gonna die the last episode.

If they do it that way I think it's so his son can gain revenge in a few years time in a new show.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 am

freakzilla wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
It was a good great run

Corrected.

Thank you lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 am

MMAEYES wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
It was a good great run

Corrected.

Thank you lol

Lol, no prob. I got your back tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 pm

He's such a talented actor, I've been re-watching Six Feet Under recently and to see the transformation from his character in that to Dexter is extraordinary. Hopefully he makes a decent movie career after Dexter.

If they ever plan to bring back The Riddler he'd be top of my list to play him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Ali wrote:
He's such a talented actor, I've been re-watching Six Feet Under recently and to see the transformation from his character in that to Dexter is extraordinary. Hopefully he makes a decent movie career after Dexter.

If they ever plan to bring back The Riddler he'd be top of my list to play him.

I watched all of Six Feet Under about a year ago and it was weird to see him play that role after knowing him as Dexter for 3-4 years. I liked the show, but he does so much better in his role as Dexter.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I wish Season 7 was the last but whatever. Time to sink this ship
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Everybody has a price! Bahahahahahahhahahaha
Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" 27
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:20 pm

It has been a great show but it's time to shut her down. I have a feeling the series finale will suck ass no matter what they do.

What can they bring new to the seriers? Season 7 is gonna be the same as the others with minor differences.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Everybody has a price! Bahahahahahahhahahaha
Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" 27

lol!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 pm

I also think that it is time to put this thing to bed.

But because it will deviate from the now stale formula, and also because they(the writers) will not be just going through the motions, I bet the final season will be pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 am

Telling you 7 will all be about Deb debating whether to turn Dexter in or not, and 8 will be Dex on the run from the law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"   Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last" Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael C. Hall Is Not Willing to Continue Dexter: "The Season 8 Finale Will Be the Last"
Page 1 of 1