Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How good is Edson Barboza?

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
oggy420
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

How good is Edson Barboza? Empty
PostSubject: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:47 am

Damn this kid is a beast
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am

i want to see him against a top 10, maybe even top 5 guy. i think he has the potential to be champ for sure. very skilled stand up, whenever he gets taken down he pops right back up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:08 am

He has looked good, but top 5? I think someone like Cerrone or Vokelman would be good to match him up against.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 am

Still haven't seen him against a grappler, and he hasn't looked too comfortable with people who bring the fight to him on the feet. He doesn't pull the trigger enough. I kinda though he lost the Njoukani fight for that reason

He's good though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 am

I say his ceiling is top 10 at some point, never a true contender but a guy people want to see. Like a Robbie Lawler or Melvin Manhoef esque fighter who will struggle with well rounded fighters once he starts fighting them but will always be a guy people want to see in certain style matchups and will win enough to stay in the big show.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I think under the right circumstances he could win the title. It may come down to matchups for him but I definitely think this guy is special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Lets not get carried away here, yes the kick was nasty but his overall performance wasn't spectacular. Ed's got potential but I wouldn't rush him.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 am

Ali wrote:
Lets not get carried away here, yes the kick was nasty but his overall performance wasn't spectacular. Ed's got potential but I wouldn't rush him.

Wasnt just the kick the guy has alot of weapons in the striking game although I need to see him against a wrestler.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 am

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:

Wasnt just the kick the guy has alot of weapons in the striking game although I need to see him against a wrestler.

leg kicks are the only other weapon we've seen from him.

he doesn't look particularly special with his hands.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am

his KO was #3 on ESPN's plays of the week.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 am

OU wrote:
but it was #9 on sundays list? wtf
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah I know, that was weird. It was the 9th best on that day but it was the 3rd best for the week? I guess they realized they didn't show it enough love the 1st time around.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah I know, that was weird. It was the 9th best on that day but it was the 3rd best for the week? I guess they realized they didn't show it enough love the 1st time around.
only making them selves look like total fuck tarts
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:38 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
only making them selves look like total fuck tarts
well it is ESPN we are talking about. Fucktard is their middle name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How good is Edson Barboza?   How good is Edson Barboza? Empty

Back to top Go down

How good is Edson Barboza?
Page 1 of 1