Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil

Go down 
+2
Ludo
killerofchicken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Quote :
UFC president Dana White revealed this past weekend that Terry Etim (15-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) would make a quick return to the octagon.

Today, UFC executives announced it will be against Edson Barboza (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC).

The two lightweight scrappers meet in Brazil at UFC 142, which takes place Jan. 14 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena.

Etim fought at this past weekend's UFC 138 event in Birmingham, England, where the Liverpool native downed Edward Faaloloto in just 17 seconds. After rocking Faaloloto on the feet, Etim latched on to a guillotine choke and earned the evening's "Submission of the Night" award.

The $70,000 bonus was likely much appreciated by Etim, who was fighting for the first time in nearly 19 months.

Meanwhile, Barboza fights for the first time since a win over Ross Pearson at UFC 134, which also took place in Rio de Janeiro. A two-time "Fight of the Night" winner, Barboza is undefeated since turning pro in April 2009.

The positioning of the Barboza vs. Etim matchup on the UFC 142 card was not revealed.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25994/edson-barboza-vs-terry-etim-added-to-ufc-142-in-brazil.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Feed%29
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 pm

fireworks... 142 is looking like a real good card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Noice.

I wonder if they'll have a translator for Etim's post fight interview.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Ali wrote:
Noice.

I thought ya'll spoke cockney since the occupation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Noice.

Awrite guvna, got any apples and pears for my tea and crumpets ?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Great fight to start the card out with for sure. Winner of this fights a top 5 guy in the LW division imo.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Barboza is fun to watch. I'm always down to watch him fight.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:54 am

Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Noice.

Awrite guvna, got any apples and pears for my tea and crumpets ?

don't encourage them ali, american ignorance of british geography brings many a smile to my face,

i love reading about paul daley getting a 'hometown' decision in birmingham and michael bispings cockney accent.

dana whites outright recurring lie about bisping being a 'huge star' in the UK always makes me chuckle as well. how often do you reckon he gets recognised in the street?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am

How come Ross Pearson seems like much less of a douche then all other British fighters?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil   Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil Empty

Back to top Go down

Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim added to UFC 142 in Brazil
Page 1 of 1