Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...

Go down 
+16
Farmer1906
captain organic
SOKO
josh200612
LA
chorky777
timthebim
killerofchicken
Ludo
OU
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
corydd7
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Ludo wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Looks awesome GDP? What are you smoking? I have seen some that have Fedor in the top 10 but Werdum isn't even listed! Way too much hero worship. My favorite two fighters are Florian and Randy, but you don't see me adding them to my list. BTW, thanks for doing this, I know it is time consuming.

Maybe because we have seen guys in other weight classes with Werdums exact skillset get they're shit pushed in on the regular by well rounded fighters. Maybe because nobody has been able to duplicate Fedor's style yet. Maybe because your responsible for Justin.Tv getting sued... The world may never know.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Spoiler:

ahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:54 am

Hey these are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:55 am

List how many and who were the voters in the main post to make it easier maybe also.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Ninja's Place MMA Pound for Pound Top 20 Rankings have been tabulated.

No changes in the top 5 this go around, the best are still ranked as such. UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez and Lightweight Gray Maynard are both in the top 10 for the first time while bumping Jake Shields from 10th to 12th and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida from 7th to 16th.

Thanks to all who were able to contribute to the ranking process.

The next Ninja's Place MMA Pound for Pound Top 10 Rankings will be complied in the Spring, end of March/early April

This and That:

36 different fighters were nominated for the top 20

Of those 36 fighters, 14 are title holders. Five title holders were nominated to but did not make the top 20.

By Organization
Fighters
UFC
Strikeforce
5*
Dream
3*
Bellator
SRC/Shooto
* Overeem holds
Dream & SF Title
By DivisionFighters
Lightweight
Welterweight
Heavyweight
Light Heavyweight
Bantamweight
Middleweight
Featherweight
Flyweight
Special Thanks to
the Voting Panel
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
corydd7
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
Killerofchiken
bobbitt15
timthebim
OU
chorky777

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

great work.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

yah, yer welcome
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:26 pm

You missed one! Fedor is the WAMMA HW Champion and Werdum is the lineal champion (he has to get his belt from a box of Cracker Jacks).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
You missed one! Fedor is the WAMMA HW Champion and Werdum is the lineal champion (he has to get his belt from a box of Cracker Jacks).

Actually Werdum should be considered both the WAMMA and lineal Champion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm

The lineal titles for each division are not recognized for this ranking compilation but rather known, understood and honored by all but the most ignorant of MMA enthusiasts.

All communication between WAMMA and myself has been non-existent since the third quarter of 2010. I believe WAMMA has dissolved, thus they are no longer one of my top 8 friends on Myspace.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The lineal titles for each division are not recognized for this ranking compilation but rather known, understood and honored by all but the most ignorant of MMA enthusiasts.

All communication between WAMMA and myself has been non-existent since the third quarter of 2010. I believe WAMMA has dissolved, thus they are no longer one of my top 8 friends on Myspace.

Thus concludes this week's meeting of the He-Man-Woman-Hater's club. Ohhhhtay Buttwheat.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Does anyone else think BJ should be a little lower, he went from unranked to eleven with one win. Faber had to drop in weight class cause he couldnt hang at his current one, that to me alone would drop him out of the top twenty for me. That list looks pretty good to me though!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 pm

BJ went from tied for 12th(point-wise) to 11th. But the last ranking was only top 10, thus his 'not ranked' label.

BJ is high level. He did major cleaning at LW until Edgar cured him of his success. With the depth of that division there was still a lot more he could of kept doing there, but he has chosen to do it at WW again now.

I think him and Machida were in similar situations. Edgar/Penn 1 and Machida/Shogun 1 were both close and warranted rematches which were not and both saw the two fall in the p4p rankings. They both fought former champs in their next fights with drastically different results. They are both officially 1-2 in their last three fights against good comp. By my scorecards BJ is 2-1 and Machida is 0-3 though. But that's me.

He might be a little high though. the Fitch/Penn fight is gonna be real significant as far as this thing goes. Faber might be high too. He was third best FW in the WEC, which is pretty good still. Like before with him when he was ranked around the top 10, time will tell all.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm

corydd7 wrote:
Does anyone else think BJ should be a little lower, he went from unranked to eleven with one win. Faber had to drop in weight class cause he couldnt hang at his current one, that to me alone would drop him out of the top twenty for me. That list looks pretty good to me though!
the only reason i still had bj on is because he lost to someone whos in the p4p top 10 (frankie)

i honestly think its best to do a top 10 but what ever floats the boat of NP
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
corydd7 wrote:
the only reason i still had bj on is because he lost to someone whos in the p4p top 10 (frankie)

The top 20 is something I see as an annual exercise; once a year to start the year.

We voted on it last year and 2/3's of voters preferred doing a top ten, which will be the format for the remainder of the year unless a new poll shows users now prefer top 20.

Heads up, I'm going to do p4p quarterly every three months:
  • January - top 20 COMPLETE
  • April - top 10
  • July - top 10
  • October - top 10
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
corydd7 wrote:

The top 20 is something I see as an annual exercise; once a year to start the year.

We voted on it last year and 2/3's of voters preferred doing a top ten, which will be the format for the remainder of the year unless a new poll shows users now prefer top 20.

Heads up, I'm going to do p4p quarterly every three months:
  • January - top 20 COMPLETE
  • April - top 10
  • July - top 10
  • October - top 10

Im down for the quarterly ones
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Ideally, I would like to see the demand and participation for this rise and a consistent quorum of voters established so a P4P could be published here on the 1st of every month. In the future perhaps.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

That Fitch BJ fight will decide for me if BJ is still elite. Im a big fan just not sure he will ever own a belt again. That said if he wins against fitch BJ goes right back into the top ten for me alot on the line in that fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:29 pm

corydd7 wrote:
That Fitch BJ fight will decide for me if BJ is still elite. Im a big fan just not sure he will ever own a belt again. That said if he wins against fitch BJ goes right back into the top ten for me alot on the line in that fight.
that fight will tell us about BJ and Fitch, I hate to say it but im becoming a Fitch fan... WTF
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 pm

I like the quarterly thing. A top 20 is a great topic to discuss because of all the different views and how people grade fighters.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:37 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
corydd7 wrote:
that fight will tell us about BJ and Fitch, I hate to say it but im becoming a Fitch fan... WTF
Fitch is underated by the casual MMA fan but while not exciting the dude wins, I thought he was spot on in these rankings. I didnt expect him to get alot of votes due to how he fights not the results of the fight. Shows how this forum has educated fight fans Smile
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 pm

fitch may be hated but he's a tough SOB, and as you said he wins and thats all that counts IMO
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:23 pm

The formatting is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I can't believe anyone actually tries to keep tabs on a lineal thing, for many previously stated reasons, but at least the lineal champs don't have to worry about shining their invisible belts...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 3...
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next