Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
timthebim
7 posters
AuthorMessage

JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! Empty
PostSubject: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 am

UFC, Strikeforce, Pride, Dream and Lineal titles are all on the line. This is arguably the most important MMA Heavyweight fight ever and it should not disappoint.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 pm

I hope not. The last couple huge HW fights didnt ever get close to the hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 pm

All the marbles could be won by a Brit Very Happy

I lean towards Cigano though, he's on a tear and IMO his striker is much better than Reem's. Plus there's the chin factor of Alistair's.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Overeems chin isnt a question for me at all. I think it will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:23 pm

When you fight KO fighter you always run the risk of being KO'd. Both Reem and Dos Santos are those, and Reem has been KO'd by KO fighters only so, it's up in the air.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
Overeems chin isnt a question for me at all. I think it will be just fine.

Has it actually been tested at HW yet ? I mean he's fought no one with the power of Cigano's or striking ability since he moved up.

Knocked out six times in MMA, three in kickboxing.

Last edited by Ali on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah I agree GDP. 1 of them will probably be KOed but it will have less to do with chins and more to do with the bombs they throw.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 pm

timthebim wrote:
Yeah I agree GDP. 1 of them will probably be KOed but it will have less to do with chins and more to do with the bombs they throw.

Pretty much the reason I headplam 99% of chin arguments.

The Punches being thrown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The chins they land on in why KO's happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

The Punches being thrown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The chins they land on in why KO's happen.

Yeah I agree. If someone with JDS skill, speed and power hits you as hard as he can then it wont matter how good your chin is.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:57 pm

freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Yeah I agree. If someone with JDS skill, speed and power hits you as hard as he can then it wont matter how good your chin is.
unless you're Carwin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:17 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

unless you're Carwin

Yeah, that way your face ends up like this-

JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! Junior_dos_Santos_vs_ShaneCarwin_1000160
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

unless you're Carwin

Yeah, that way your face ends up like this-

JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! Junior_dos_Santos_vs_ShaneCarwin_1000160

lol at JDS expression... wtf happened to you man
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:25 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

unless you're Carwin

Or Roy Nelson.

I really can't see how people can watch fights and say that "chins" are not a legit factor.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I don't know if JDS really threw everything he had at Carwin. He was very cautious because of Carwins power and because of the title shot hanging over the result. He almost put Carwin out in the first but after that he mostly sat back and let a stiff jab do the work. He absolutely threw everything he had at Nelson and dropped him like 3 times. I think JDS takes the fight with Overeem but anything can happen when two crisp strikers with a shit ton of power start throwing bombs at each other.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Saw that but it had a little too much Reem and not enough JDS. I do not approve. JDS gonna whoop dat ass.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 pm

I'll take Reem in this fight but JDS obviously has a great chance to win. I just think Reem is gonna throw a barage of strikes at JDS that no one else in the HW division can. Can't wait for the fight though, I'm a fan of both guys so really I'm just hoping for an all out brawl.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I'll take Reem in this fight but JDS obviously has a great chance to win. I just think Reem is gonna throw a barage of strikes at JDS that no one else in the HW division can. Can't wait for the fight though, I'm a fan of both guys so really I'm just hoping for an all out brawl.
I think JDS has faster hands, more power in his hands, a better chin and just more heart. I love his confidence and dude is still fairly young. He is gonna slap Reem silly who will fold in under 3 min.
JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! 47627600_fighting_gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!   JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

JDS vs Alistair Overeem for all the Titles!!!
Page 1 of 1