Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 141 Predictions

Go down 
+2
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

UFC 141 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:53 pm

UFC 141 Predictions Ufc141-poster-olieng

Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem

In a fight to determine the number one contender for Champion Junior Dos Santos' first title defense Brock Lesnar takes on Alistair Overeem. A classic style matchup involving the wrestler and european kickboxer seems to amplify interest since both men are among the largest heavyweights in the sport. Lesnar is making his first attempt to bounce back from a second bout with diverticulitis following his loss to Cain Velasquez last year. Alistair Overeem is hoping to make a big splash early on with his first fight in the UFC after vacating the Strikeforce Heavyweight title and his spot in the Grand Prix held by the same promotion.

This fight can literally go either way. There are plenty of unknowns but what we do know for sure have to do with skillset. Striking both in technique and power are a clear advantage for Overeem hands down. It may be noted that Brock, while raw and unrefined technique wise, can still hit hard if he lands flush. Grappling is split into wrestling and submission ability. Wrestling is a clear advantage for Lesnar while submissions are an area that favor Overeem. Now for the unknowns: We know Overeem hits like a truck and loves to headhunt, we also know Brock reacts about as poorly to being hit hard as anyone in the history of the sport. If Overeem can land the big shot early it could be an quick and painful fight for Brock if he finds Alistair standing over him and dropping bombs. On the flip side we don't know if Alistair will be able to pull the trigger for fear of the takedown like we saw in his fight with Fabricio Werdum earlier this year. Lastly we don't know if Lesnar can even get the takedown. We have seen his failure to secure takedowns before but Overeem is no wrestler. Honestly I see this fight going one of two ways. Either Overeem lands early and often until Brock is sent reeling to the ground where Overeem finishes him, or Brock gets the takedown early and often until Overeem starts to get tired at which point he is pounded out or submitted from top position.

Prediction: Brock Lesnar by (T)KO

Nate Diaz vs Donald Cerrone

In what would be a much better five round fight than the main event, which seems destined not to take advantage of the five round limit, we have Nate Diaz against Donald Cerrone. Cerrone has looked very impressive in his last three fights, two of which earned him awards to the tune of knockout of the night and submission of the night over Charles Oliveira and Dennis Siver in less than a round each. Nate Diaz has made his return to the lightweight division after his manhandling courtesy of Rory McDonald, and in his last fight saw fit to pummel Takanori Gomi before submitting him in under five minutes. Both these guys have great striking and very capable submission skills along with ultra durable chins. If I had to give advantages it would be as follows: Striking power is a wash as both have showed the ability to knock opponents out or inflict massive amounts of damage with strikes. One shot power goes to Cerrone while volume is a Diaz' best friend in this sport. Grappling I give the edge to Diaz for being the better overall grappler, but Cerrone is no stranger to submissions either. I see this playing out alot like most of Cerrones fights where he forces a standup war and gets the better of it in the end. I think Diaz' chin will hold up but I just don't think his crowding volume style will work with someone who moves and uses angles quite so well as Cerrone does.

Prediction: Donald Cerrone by Decision

Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks

In a polarizing set of circumstances the man who many claim will be the next welterweight champion takes on the man who most feel should have gotten a second shot at the current champion already. For Jon Fitch this is a high risk and low reward fight, especially after he expressed a willingness to sit and wait unless he was slated against BJ Penn or GSP. If he wins this fight he is no closer to a title shot as both Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit have been placed in an interim title eliminator with the winner slated to face GSP when he returns from his knee injury. For Hendricks this fight is low risk and high reward. If he wins this fight he is immediately vaulted into title contention and probably placed in line for a title shot sometime next year or in 2013 barring further mishaps with the champion. However Jon Fitch is an incredibly tough fight for anyone not named GSP. He is a big welterweight with a smothering clinch and stifling top control grappling game. Near impossible to submit and a great chin round out the epitome of a "grinder". Hendricks has quite possibly the best collegiate wrestling pedigree of anyone to enter the sport in the last five years aside from perhaps only Mohammed Lawal. With his elite level wrestling and advancing striking game it's looking more and more like Hendricks may be a phenom once everything comes together. Striking wise I give Hendricks a slight edge with his hands, they have looked especially crisp in his last two fights but I don't know that this fight will have a whole lot of pure standing exchanges. Wrestling I have to give to Fitch given his size and experience despite the pedigree of the prospect. Unfortunately I see Fitch doing his thing and finding a way to control Hendricks from clinch or top position for three rounds enroute to a decision, though I will admit I hope I'm wrong.

Prediction: Jon Fitch by Decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:58 pm

I predict Brock goes down from a knee.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I agree with everything you said Ludo. It should be a solid card...
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 pm

i hope brock, fitch and cerrone win............ But believe overeem, fitch and cerrone will win. Think the layoff and illness will affect brock. Dont think cerrone will fight diaz match and will fight a smart match to get the decision. Hendricks will simply be outmatched against fitch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 pm

UFC 141 Predictions Mma_cr_ufc141_576
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Reem looks extremely relaxed in every pic and video I have seen.
UFC 141 Predictions 017_Brock_Lesnar_and_Alistair_Overeem_large
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm

brock goes to his roots and takes reem down asap and never lets him back up. Nate better look for the sub if he wants to finish donald and fitch will do what he does and get a UD.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm

vlad and gus could be fight of the night imo. or nate and donald
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

OU wrote:
Reem looks extremely relaxed in every pic and video I have seen.
UFC 141 Predictions 017_Brock_Lesnar_and_Alistair_Overeem_large

Horse meat has a calming effect I hear.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:40 pm

This fight should be taking place 1 day later in Japan. It just seems to fit better on that card.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Thats because Tim Sylvia is fighting Peter Aerts in a wrestling match on that card...
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:58 am

isnt timmy wrestling jerome. Pro wrestler barnett is the one facing peter.......or maybe someone else. Cant keep up wit barnetts pro wrestlin career now days
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:42 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
isnt timmy wrestling jerome. Pro wrestler barnett is the one facing peter.......or maybe someone else. Cant keep up wit barnetts pro wrestlin career now days

We get it, you don't like him. You can shut up about it now.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 am

cerrone seems to be the hot pick to win but i'd give the edge to diaz in terms of experience.

on the whole, diaz has had much tougher opponents than cerrone has and i think this might be a telling factor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:51 pm

joey beltran
@mexicutioner760
#UFC141 picks tonight are Njuokani, Pearson, Phan, Gustaffson, Fitch, Diaz, and The Reem!!

Dan Hardy
@danhardymma

@therealjavn predictions for tonight!? - I have Overeem by TKO. Lesnar always runs away from guys that can punch.

sam stout
@SammyJstout

Goodluck to Alistair Overeem and @Cowboycerrone #mypicstonight

Brendan Schaub
@BrendanSchaub

Excited for the @ufc 141 fights tonight! Who u guys picking? I'm taking Brock & Cowboy

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:15 pm

ian mccall @Unclecreepymma
uberreem by hope kicking lesnars head into orbit

Ulysses Gomez @uselessgomez
reem, diaz, hendrix, gustaifo, nam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141 Predictions   UFC 141 Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 141 Predictions
Page 1 of 1