Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reem will KO Lesnar

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
CainVelasquezFan
MMAEYES
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
There's definitely question marks both ways but I like the chances of a tired Brock getting a takedown and subsequent finish more than a tired Reem putting together some combination that blasts Lesnar. He didn't respect Werdum's standup up at all but his striking looked awful once he started to gas out in that fight. Those arms are too big, especially if they get tied up in a clinch/grappling fest early on
IMO Brock would panic like crazy if Reem gets him in the clinch. I don't think Brock is looking to catch a knee for a takedown. He can't absorb the punishment to pull that off. As confident as Brock seems behind the mic right now, I expect to see a gun shy Lesnar in the cage. His last outing has to be in the back of his mind still.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Brock turtles more than we have ever seen him turtle before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Brock turtles more than we have ever seen him turtle before.
I still think you are wrong about Brock being awake when the fight is stopped. I'm not see the T in the KO. The lights will be out and no one will be home, you will have to leave a message and he will get back to you.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
There's definitely question marks both ways but I like the chances of a tired Brock getting a takedown and subsequent finish more than a tired Reem putting together some combination that blasts Lesnar. He didn't respect Werdum's standup up at all but his striking looked awful once he started to gas out in that fight. Those arms are too big, especially if they get tied up in a clinch/grappling fest early on
IMO Brock would panic like crazy if Reem gets him in the clinch. I don't think Brock is looking to catch a knee for a takedown. He can't absorb the punishment to pull that off. As confident as Brock seems behind the mic right now, I expect to see a gun shy Lesnar in the cage. His last outing has to be in the back of his mind still.

He has Pat Barry beating on him so he has become used to taking some shots.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Yeah that was very apparent in his last fight lol
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:56 am

now guys let be honest. These are 2 of the most overhyped mma fighters in recent years. Only difference of course is brock has proven himself among the elite. Still that doesnt matter. Overeem has just as much of a chance of koing brock as much as brock does as koing him. As we have seen from overeems previous fight, his stand up in mma is overated. If werdum as able to tag him, i could so see brock eating a few against the cage before landin a hook and putting overeem to sleeplike we have seen him multiple times. Also unlike reem lesnar can takea hard punch, just not know how to react to it. Anyways fight can go eitherway and either one can end it fast, no doubt bout that. Finally anyone who mentions pro wrestlin and roids must be talking bout the bum aka barnett who to this date loves to pro wrestle and juice, lol. Im on overeems side on this issue, innocent until proven guilty. Nuff said, should be a good fight.btw neither would last against cain or jds, maybe even cormier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:11 am

I am going with Brock via neck crank.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Jared Rosholt
@JaredRosholt

After a couple of rounds sparring this morning pic.twitter.com/SmPDVZnr
Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 AhCPAZQCIAASu1P
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Nice, He makes Jared look small. Good that he is having a good amateur wrestler working with him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 pm

shit I have talked with jared briefly and he is a big big man. I am 6ft 200 and I might as well have been 5ft 6 140 next to him. he has lost some fat since I saw him last. this picture lets me know allister really is beastly. i would have estimated jared was 6ft3-4 280-295 lbs when I spoke with him face to face after his brother lost to horwich
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Nice, He makes Jared look small. Good that he is having a good amateur wrestler working with him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Jared is still rough around the edges/raw in terms of MMA but dude is a wrestling stud. He may not look like it but he is a freak athlete.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 am

The simulation is almost EXACTLY how I predicted it.
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:47 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Overeem won, but for betting purposes, I have to pick Lesnar. Overeem is not a stick and move striker. He more or less stands in front of his opponents and throws bombs. Overeem is going to be cautious about throwing leg kicks because of the takedown. I see Brock taking him down and pounding him out similar to how he did to Mir in their second fight.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:53 pm

He better have focused on his standup and been hit alot in training. Brock should go train with Roufus for awhile to get the striking and defense aspect down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
He better have focused on his standup and been hit alot in training. Brock should go train with Roufus for awhile to get the striking and defense aspect down.
I think the smarter strategy for Brock would be to focus on his bread and butter. He should be training takedowns non stop. He needs to come in ready to do what he can do best. He starts to worry about what Reem is doing and he is toast.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm

I said the stand up more for defensive purposes. He's going to get hit and needs to learn how to react. Diving in he'll need to watch the knees.

One thing people are forgetting in this is Overeem's guillotine. If he sprawls on Lesnar and locks it up, he has a good one, it could be over quick.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I said the stand up more for defensive purposes. He's going to get hit and needs to learn how to react. Diving in he'll need to watch the knees.

One thing people are forgetting in this is Overeem's guillotine. If he sprawls on Lesnar and locks it up, he has a good one, it could be over quick.
Frank Mir talks about just that in a recent interview.
http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/12/22/2654812/ufc-141-frank-mir-brock-lesnar-alistair-overeem-mma-news
Luke Thomas: Let's move to UFC 141, again it's gonna be at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on a Friday, December 30th,
the day before New Year's Eve. It's kind of an interesting fight and
people are trying to say this is a classic grappler versus striker and I
suppose in some sense it is, but I want you to talk in your judgment
about the ground game over Overeem and, more specifically, he's got a
guillotine which in and of itself is a high percentage submission and he
really kind of good with it. How do you evaluate the ground game of Alistair Overeem today?

Frank Mir: I think that Alistair obviously just uses his
ground game to avoid taking punishment and that way, when he gets back
up to his feet, he's very damaging. I think you're right, I think he
does have an excellent guillotine but Lesnar doesn't really shoot with
his head on the side and kind of wade right in like, Hrmm, I wonder if
he's able to grab and pull it up. Another thing too, when Alistair's
guillotine has been so dangerous has been at 205. I really haven't seen
him and I could be wrong and people are more than welcome to correct me
with how many wins he has as a heavyweight with a guillotine because I
know, for me personally, the thicker your arm gets, when it comes to
some chokes, like the palm from behind or the guillotine, we're using
the forearm. Guys, like a Jon Jones-type, with a real long, thin forearm
are way more menacing than a guy with like a Lesnar tike arm and I
think that's kind of what Overeem's done to himself. He's gone from a
Jon Jones-type forearm to a Lesnar so I wonder how that's affected his
guillotine.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:09 pm

So many questions with each guy in this fight. Whatever happens it should be exciting one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
So many questions with each guy in this fight. Whatever happens it should be exciting one way or the other.
I expect this to be a short fight.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 pm

I agree with what Frank Mir said. If Lesnar avoids the power for a minute and a half, Overeem will lose steam and cardio, Lesnar will take him down and the fight will be over.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Some notes from the simulation:

- 25 simulated matches. 13 won by Overeem, 12 by Lesnar

- Lesnar attempted a total of 287 takedowns (11.5 per fight)

- Lesnar and Overeem "rocked" each other an equal amount of times in the 25 bouts.

- Lesnar won two bouts via arm triangle.

- 92% (12 of 13) of the bouts Overeem won were by knockout.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 Tumblr_lrol01e2tb1qkv4zy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:22 am

AAAAAA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:25 am

Ahhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reem will KO Lesnar   Reem will KO Lesnar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reem will KO Lesnar
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next