Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Last Of Us

Go down 
+4
GolbeZ
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

The Last Of Us - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Looks like a come and get me off this sinking ship plea from Larry.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Shits getting pretty old.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:44 pm

It's in.  too bad there is no midnight release around here.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Had this being the only game on my Q-List and made sure I had a slot available ..

it worked.. said it was shipped already.. and says the availability is "Very Low" .. suck it

but will probably be here monday sadly
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Pretty clean graphics played the first 15
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 pm

The Last of Us is the perfect post-apocalyptic survival game.  The story is exceptional, the mechanics and game play works for the task, and the audio and graphics are excellent.

The juxtaposition of other survivors and infected as the antagonists is on point for the circumstances established.  One is far more threatening and dangerous while the others threat is omnipresent and absolute.  It creates a starkly contrasting and unique tone upon encountering differing threats that translates to several different approaches to avoiding or solving them and the resulting gameplay experience. 

I like that the game is set 20 years after the collapse of society.  There is no discovery and adaptation that weighs down the majority of stories in this genre.  Entertainment culture has people very aware of zombies and surviving right now so it is an advantage to pick up the game at a point when the environment and path to living is mature in method. 

The real time tasks, crafting, pack size limitations and resource scarcity keep things interesting when they are at their most intense. 

The lighting and shadow uses collaborate perfectly with the sound effects and environment designs to create an array of convincing sets conveying ambiance few other games have managed so well, especially in the dark areas.

The story itself is well told.  The face models are not messed up, which is almost the norm.  The progression is meandering yet to the point based on the game play objectives.  All of the secondary dialog is very interesting, most of it a perspective of someone who is alien to the remnants of our world.  I've seen where it is going for the most part but the getting there has been well done to say the least.

Right now I'm at 10/10. have not played the multi-player yet so the score could change, but I have no complaints thus far.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Finished the campaign last night. Masterpiece, better then most movies I've seen this year.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 pm

The multiplayer looks amazig. A buddy if mine has it and I seem him play... Just wow
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:22 pm

just started it .. right off the bat the detail is great.. Game started just outside of my city .. the skyline, the bridges, the street signs..

"They are no longer letting people into Travis County" .. "Take 71" "The Virus has spread to Austin" .. those are all nifty things probably just for me but still

anyway.. back to it
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

I always like real references.

Like a few weeks ago I was in Primm, NV, stopped there entirely because of Fallout New Vegas.  Interesting to see how they designed the game and the real thing.

Have you read the Day by Day Armageddon books?  A lot of the first two books goes down in the area between San Antonio Corpus Cristi and Columbus plus the surrounding region.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 pm

1.3 million sales is pretty impressive considering it is a Sony exclusive. Bioshock Infinite did 1.16 million on opening on Xbox and Playstation.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 pm

For those not planning on playing this game but are interested in seeing it nearly it's entirety, here you go

https://youtu.be/ZkLPKd-Vs8g
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 pm

If I wasn't strapped for cash I'd have already bought a PS3 with the game.

Glad to see it's selling well and it looks like it's the leading candidate for Game of the Year so far.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:32 pm

has either of you 2 tried the online? seriously cinsidering getting a ps3 cuz of it lol... gonna give my 360 to my brother... its served me well
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Have not yet.  This game is worth playing, but not worth getting rid of your 360.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1gxgfx/i_am_actress_ellen_page_amaa/

Ellen Page no appreciate Naughty Dog

[–]MozeoSLT 1861 points 19 hours ago
This has almost certainly been made clear to you several times, but are you aware how much you look like Ellie from "The Last of Us," a video game which came out about a week ago. She even sounds like you. So much so that almost everyone assumed it was you playing the role.
Which leads me to my questions:
  • How did you like playing the role of a video game character when doing "Beyond: Two Souls?" Do you prefer live action?
  • Have you seen any footage of "The Last of Us" and would you have taken the role as Ellie if approached?
[–]iamatinycanadian[S] 2274 points 18 hours agoI guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness, but I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

The first time I saw the character Ellie I thought she looked like Ellen Page.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm

The Last Of Us - Page 2 Ellen-610x490
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:05 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Have not yet.  This game is worth playing, but not worth getting rid of your 360.

You said the game is a Masterpiece. A 10/10. And gave a long write up praising it. So why say this? Is the game only a Masterpiece to those who happen to have a PS.. but if you don't own one, eh don't bother..

Naughty Dog in itself is a very strong reason to go Sony

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 am

GolbeZ wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

You said the game is a Masterpiece. A 10/10. And gave a long write up praising it. So why say this? Is the game only a Masterpiece to those who happen to have a PS.. but if you don't own one, eh don't bother..

He said he might buy a PS3 and Play the Last of Us on it and give away his Xbox 360.  Two parts, buy a PS3 and Play the Last of Us on it, and, give my 360 to my brother.  What is so wrong with saying to get a PS3 and play the Last of Us on it but don't make doing that the reason you get rid of your Xbox 360?

...reaction to my post kinda smells of fanboy trolling to me, but for now, whatever.  I don't think the Last of Us is better than Xbox 360, why would I?  I wouldn't recommend abandoning any system and all of it's games for one single game on another system.  Why would I unless that was the one and only possible option to get what I wanted?

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm

I bought my 1st xbox because of GOW 1. I sold my PS3 and got the newer black wifi xbox after playing the GOW 3 beta.

Gears of War obviously. Never played the PS exclusive God of War.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm

OU wrote:
I bought my 1st xbox because of GOW 1. I sold my PS3 and got the newer black wifi xbox after playing the GOW 3 beta.

Answer honestly, was it the Phil Collins Gary Jules soundtrack on the commercial that hooked you?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Answer honestly, was it the Phil Collins Gary Jules soundtrack on the commercial that hooked you?

I fell in love when I saw the curb stomp. The sound of a head being blown off by a sniper. The chainsaw on the end of a machine gun. It was something I had never seen before. The movement and the gore.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

He said he might buy a PS3 and Play the Last of Us on it and give away his Xbox 360.  Two parts, buy a PS3 and Play the Last of Us on it, and, give my 360 to my brother.  What is so wrong with saying to get a PS3 and play the Last of Us on it but don't make doing that the reason you get rid of your Xbox 360?

...reaction to my post kinda smells of fanboy trolling to me, but for now, whatever.  I don't think the Last of Us is better than Xbox 360, why would I?  I wouldn't recommend abandoning any system and all of it's games for one single game on another system.  Why would I unless that was the one and only possible option to get what I wanted?

"fanboy trolling"? I asked you a question on why you would give a game a perfect score and than say that.

I didn't even really mention killer, I was only responding to what you said:
GDPofDRC wrote:
This game is worth playing, but not worth getting rid of your 360.

Your tone here just completely changed from your previous comments and it confused me..

As far as Killer is concerned.. he is "giving" his 360 to his brother. So in my mind I assumed the ownership of the 360 will stay to him. I figured since he would have a PS3 for the time being he could lend his brother his 360. I would agree with you that donating his 360 to charity and than buying a PS3 just to play ONE game is probably not a good idea. Thats not the case..

I do feel like a single game can be A reason to either: 1. get a console (and keep any consoles you already have) or 2. trade in to get it. After that game the world doesnt end. You can now take advantage of other games that are ps3 exclusive. Especially now that these console are on the tail end of their era. I am considering selling my PS3 and getting 360 to play some games I havnt played (more so just Fable.. ONE franchise.. after that I would probably play others) before I purchase a PS4 later this year or early next year.

and OU just gave you an example of how 1 game had him switch over to 360 and yet your response to that was talking about the commercial of the game..

and so to killer I would say.. that this
Quote :
Masterpiece, better then most movies I've seen this year.
IS worth getting a PS3 for .. and after I would recommend to check out the Uncharted 1,2,3, Infamous1,2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2,3, God of Wars, Heavy Rain, and Journey

that should be enough gameplay to lend your xbox to his bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Video Games-
Jump to: