Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cecil Peoples speaks...

Go down 
+4
Bigs03
GDPofDRC
ohiovol62
boomer sooner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Cecil Peoples speaks... Empty
PostSubject: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I understand a lot of what he's saying here, especially about stuffing takedowns and throwing fight ending strikes.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003216.html
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

He's full of shit. If missing takedowns hurt a fighter then siting back and not be the aggressor one time should hurt a fighter. I think being aggressive and controling the tempo of the fight should mean somthing.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm

wow he's a crazy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:26 pm

He needs to have his head checked.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:12 pm

In what world does stuffing a takedown score more than being the aggressor and going for the takedown? And it's not like he stuffed the takedown in some dominant way where he threw Shogun off of him. Shogun still remained in a better position to land great knees against the cage after the takedowns were stuffed.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Ahhh Cecil, did you lose your little MMA judging handbook? The criteria is as follows, Cecil...

Effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission, damage given to an opponent, standing combinations and ground control, takedowns and takedown defense, aggression and octagon control.

Cecil my boy, you appear to have ignored every facet of MMA judging except for takedown defense. You have long been known as the butt of all jokes involving MMA judging and you have now somehow spread your incurable idiocy to other judges as well. May a lightning bolt rip through your Prius and char your melon on a sunny day...
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

And how can he say that leg kicks don't finish fights? Tell Pat Barry leg kicks don't finish fights. Literally half of his fights are finished via leg kicks. Tell Antoni Hardonk that leg kicks don't finish fights. He has 3 finishes from leg kicks. To say that a grazing punch is scored more than a very solid leg kick is stupid, and Cecil Peoples should never be allowed to judge a fight again. Hell, he shouldn't have been able to judge that fight.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:57 pm

LMAO.

He said Machida had effective octagon control because he made Rua come after him and be the aggressor. Uhhh, Cecil are you that fucking stupid? How does someone that fights passively get octagon control? What if Rua stood there and nothing happened for 5 mins? Seriously give me a fucking break. What an idiot and fight metrics has already said that Rua landed more strikes and more damaging strikes so he is full of shit either way.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
LMAO.

He said Machida had effective octagon control because he made Rua come after him and be the aggressor. Uhhh, Cecil are you that fucking stupid? How does someone that fights passively get octagon control? What if Rua stood there and nothing happened for 5 mins? Seriously give me a fucking break. What an idiot and fight metrics has already said that Rua landed more strikes and more damaging strikes so he is full of shit either way.

Yeah, that seriously made me angry. I didn't find it funny that he said that, I was pissed. He's seriously retarded. And to say that Machida won the grappling part is stupid too because while Rua didn't get him down, he put him in the cage and kneed him repeatedly. Then, when Machida was finally able to break, Rua popped him in the face. This fight angers me so much, and if Rua loses the rematch it'll be such a shame that he won't get the belt he deserves.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 am

This is one of the many reasons that boxing judges should not be judging the sport.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:53 am

Fuck what Cecil Peoples says, I want Herb Dean to speak. I wonder what he thinks. He's somebody with judging experience, and he was right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Peoples speaks...   Cecil Peoples speaks... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cecil Peoples speaks...
Page 1 of 1