Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) Empty
PostSubject: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:01 pm

They never have.

I predicted a Machida dec that would be whined about on the internet by the end of the third round last night.

The fight wasn't that action packed, and essentially boiled down to how MMA judges score legkick-punch counters when two fighters engage. Leg kicks never score as high, even if flush, than a perry'd or partially blocked counter to the head.

This is why Lyoto was awarded the decision. I had it three rounds in Shogun's favor though.

This has shades of Rizzo-Couture 1 all over it. Machida is smart though, and won't fall for this game plan again.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Won't fall for this gameplan? He already did.

Even if what you say it true about leg shots (see Forrect vs Rampage already disproving it) then look at head shots? Shogun has more overall. He did more damage to Machida.

Even though it is a poor way to judge a fight look at Machida's red legs, ribs, and somewhat messed up face.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:15 pm

One fight doesn't disprove anything. There are tons of silly decisions where leg kicks are ignored. Are you serious Farmer? (also about the forrest fight; nobody got dominated from the bottom for four minutes of any round, and Machida never really reacted as hobbled as Page did, and page never counted any of the leg kicks with straights either, which is my point anyway dumbdick, that was like the first fight ever where leg kicks made the difference)

Fact is when a fighter throws a leg kick, and another throws a straight to the head, even if the straight misses more than it lands, and the leg kick is solid, the straight oft counts for more.

Machida won't fall for it again. Your reading skills are lacking today sir.

Are you super hung over or something Farmer?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Machida's mobility was noticeably impacted. He already has a flat plodding movement but his agility from around the third onward was limited. The pain inhis legs and side took away the strong pop he has shown in his countering in the past.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:55 pm

To me it's pretty silly that strong leg kicks don't score well. They can clearly end a fight if they're done by a good enough kicker (and I'd say Shogun's a good enough kicker), so I don't know why the damage done by a solid kick would be scored less than a grazing blow to the face. I feel like the judges in mma need to seriously get trained by a legitimate organization that can show how these fights should be judged.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Those werent normal leg kicks either. He did serious damage to machida and I would bet he is hardly walking today. His ribs were badly bruised and I dont recall ever seeing so much ice on someones legs during the fight like last night. In between rounds the corner was literally putting huge bags of ice on Machidas legs. Im with u Wolf that leg kicks are sometimes overlooked but the ones last night were a special breed in my book.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:41 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
They never have.

I predicted a Machida dec that would be whined about on the internet by the end of the third round last night.

The fight wasn't that action packed, and essentially boiled down to how MMA judges score legkick-punch counters when two fighters engage. Leg kicks never score as high, even if flush, than a perry'd or partially blocked counter to the head.

This is why Lyoto was awarded the decision. I had it three rounds in Shogun's favor though.

This has shades of Rizzo-Couture 1 all over it. Machida is smart though, and won't fall for this game plan again.

Congrats...half the MMA community did as well.

It doesn't even matter if leg kicks don't score as well, Machida didn't do shit in the fight.

He countered some of Shogun's kicks with straights but they weren't effective and many of them didn't land.

Giving the decision to Machida is inexcusable. There needs to be some kind of system to keep the judges honest. The integrity of the sport is on the line, especially in a UFC title fight.

It was a close fight only because neither guy was ever close to being finished.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Does anyone think failed take-down attempts hurt a fighter. Rua has at least three, I wonder if that works against a fighter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:02 pm

According to Cecil Peoples if you try for a take down and don't go to the ground in the end you lose points. In three take down attempts, Shogun only came away with one close elbow and one nice elbow, Machida got three rounds from them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
They never have.

Congrats...half the MMA community did as well.

It doesn't even matter if leg kicks don't score as well, Machida didn't do shit in the fight.

He countered some of Shogun's kicks with straights but they weren't effective and many of them didn't land.

Giving the decision to Machida is inexcusable. There needs to be some kind of system to keep the judges honest. The integrity of the sport is on the line, especially in a UFC title fight.

It was a close fight only because neither guy was ever close to being finished.

Im just explaining the reality of the situation.

They should make MMA judges take four kicks to the leg. Then they'd know. Boxing converts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)   Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Leg kicks don't score well...(This is Rizzo-Couture all over again)
Page 1 of 1