Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nevermind....no, wait.....

Go down 
+5
chorky777
joshkellerseattle
oggy420
LA
cptnspeed1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

Nevermind....no, wait..... Empty
PostSubject: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm

--------------------

Last edited by cptnspeed1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Not sure how long ur gonna last here bro, moderate this please^
Back to top Go down
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Fine, I thought it was a legit question. I'll delete it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:30 pm

ughh seriously???
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:33 pm

cptnspeed1 wrote:
--------------------

I think it's legit to wonder if he's just a more slippery guy than normal.

I certainly dfon't think it was by design, though. I never thought the "greasing" he did was anything at all. Just overblown by people looking for controversy where it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Not sure how long ur gonna last here bro, moderate this please^

I was going to just let it go, but this is eating at me. Is this really how it's going to be here? I politely posed a topic for discussion that, while it was a target for trolls and frustration, was big in MMA. New information surfaced, and I wanted to get some people's opinions on that new information. If you didn't like it, you could have said something like, "lets just let this die" or "this is only going to end up in a pointless arguement." I figured since we didn't have to worry about the people who trolled the topic, we might have some legit discussion. I didn't know this thread wasn't worthy of someone who started an "Is it cheating if a girl gives you a hand job" thread. There's where the real MMA discussion lies. Not that anyone would miss me, but if this is how it's going to be, I'd rather try to get some discussion amongst the trolls. So, is it?
Back to top Go down
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

even "ughh, seriously" would have been fine with me.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:00 pm

I don't even know what was asked. Makes it difficult to decide its worthiness.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

sounds like he brought up greasegate...

bad memories from that topic
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Oh yeah. That angered me quite a bit. Maybe we should leave that one in the past.
Back to top Go down
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:32 pm

I just mentioned that Joe Rogan said that when Alves got him on his back that it was the first time in 2 years he was on his back. Before that he looked slippery, after that, he looked not as slippery. I wondered if everyone saying that he was slippery had anything to do with him never being on his back in combination with him being a normally sweaty guy.

I figured since we didn't have to deal with the trolls (esp researcher) then we might be able to have a legit discussion about it.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:55 pm

why did it get moderated?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Coupon
White Belt
White Belt
Mr. Coupon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anderson Silva, Ken-Flo, GSP

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:29 am

He was on his back against Fitch. Rogan was wrong.

I agree, though, that we shouldn't be too trigger happy with the modding. We should worry about moderating once we get trolling.

Btw, I read afro is back in action after that armbar that made me affraid
Back to top Go down
cptnspeed1
cptnspeed1

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:14 pm

It wasn't modded, I deleted it.

I was just replying to LA's asshole response. When everyone on the ESPN talks about the elitism, that is it. I personally don't think he's gained enough clout to decide "who will last" on this board, and calling for it to be moderated before anyone else can react is very Gestapo of him. I never did anything on the ESPN board to put me on troll watch, so it was completely unjustified.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:46 pm

cptnspeed1 wrote:
I just mentioned that Joe Rogan said that when Alves got him on his back that it was the first time in 2 years he was on his back. Before that he looked slippery, after that, he looked not as slippery. I wondered if everyone saying that he was slippery had anything to do with him never being on his back in combination with him being a normally sweaty guy.

I figured since we didn't have to deal with the trolls (esp researcher) then we might be able to have a legit discussion about it.

1)down with the elitists

2)I think Thiago's bull strength was more at play. He was also able to get back to his feet after GSP had taken dominant position on more then one occasion. That's also a very rare occurence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevermind....no, wait.....   Nevermind....no, wait..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Nevermind....no, wait.....
Page 1 of 1