Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
Ninja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 pm

"I took my 11 year old son, Ty, to UFC 136. He is a huge UFC fan and
we traveled from NJ to go to the Fan Expo and attend the fight. After
Chael's victory, my son approached the security gate to get his
autograph. Chael lifted my son over the gate and took him behind the
scenes where the other fighters were either recovering from their fight
or preparing for an upcoming battle. A security guard brought me back as
well, and what followed is a father/son moment that we will both never
forget."

Chael took off his wraps and signed them for my son. There are
professional photo sessions taken immediately after the fight, Chael
included my son with him in the photos. He then took us to each locker
room, introduced us to the fighters and had them sign Ty's shirt, hat,
and program. We then were allowed into Frankie Edgar's
locker room where he was warming up for his title fight. Frankie
stopped his warm-up and spent time talking to my son and signing various
items. We returned to our seats to watch the final two fights. Chael
had the security people take us to a section where UFC fighters sat who
were not fighting that evening. Each of them signed my son's program.

Chael was a gentleman and gave my son an experience that he will
never forget. The entire UFC family could not have been more accessible
and friendly. I'm sure that there is not another group of professional
athletes that would be as inviting to an 11 year old boy during an
event. I will always be a Chael Sonnen fan after seeing his heart
warming interaction with my son.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

wow, great story! very cool of sonnen to do that to a random kid. what an experience for the father/son to share for the rest of their lives!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm in the process of writing a similar story about myself. I think I'm gonna change stuff though so it's not too much like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Not a huge Chael fan but when i hear things like this it makes me really want to change my stance on him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm in the process of writing a similar story about myself. I think I'm gonna change stuff though so it's not too much like this.
So you are saying it's a story made up by Chael?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
haha, i think he's saying fuck Chael...

this whole time i thought GDP was a fan of Sonnen, how did i ever get it so wrong lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
haha, i think he's saying fuck Chael...

this whole time i thought GDP was a fan of Sonnen, how did i ever get it so wrong lol
Yeah how did you miss that?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Chael is awesome! I always liked him even in the WEC but since the first fight with Silva he has became one of my favorite fighters. I can't wait for him to get in the cage with Silva and whoop his ass.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Chael is awesome! I always liked him even in the WEC but since the first fight with Silva he has became one of my favorite fighters. I can't wait for him to get in the cage with Silva and whoop his ass.

palm
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Honestly if I was that father and Chael was that cool with my kid, he would then become my favorite fighter. I remember Danas video blog showed Chael with this kid actually, that was super cool of him.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Honestly if I was that father and Chael was that cool with my kid, he would then become my favorite fighter. I remember Danas video blog showed Chael with this kid actually, that was super cool of him.

+1
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm

timthebim wrote:

palm

I have 23 minutes of footage I can share with you if you'd like? It's a video of Chael whooping up on Anderson Silva. I don't see how me thinking Chael will do the same to Anderson gets a facepalm. That is a legit fact that Chael dominated Silva before getting lazy and making a bad mistake which won't happen again. What is Silva gonna be able to do to ensure he doesn't get pummled for 25 minutes in the next fight?

Timmeh, ur facepalm gets a big huge palm
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 pm

timthebim wrote:

palm

I have 23 minutes of footage I can share with you if you'd like? It's a video of Chael whooping up on Anderson Silva. I don't see how me thinking Chael will do the same to Anderson gets a facepalm. That is a legit fact that Chael dominated Silva before getting lazy and making a bad mistake which won't happen again. What is Silva gonna be able to do to ensure he doesn't get pummled for 25 minutes in the next fight?

Timmeh, ur facepalm gets a big huge palm

lol! I cant wait for the rematch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew    Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew  Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Chael Sonnen: One UFC fan's story about the fighter you never knew
Page 1 of 1