Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL

Go down 
+7
oggy420
bobbitt15
MMAEYES
Andrew the Raider King
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
thats a few too many names.... nick would easily dominate most of those guys now with the exception of kos, fitch, and gsp. There the only one's wrestling i could see being a problem for nick.

you don't think Diego does the same thing to Nick again? I do. Diego is extremely hard to submit even from a bad position, and his takedowns are still as good as ever. Rumble is all wrong for Nick with an even longer reach and a strong top game coupled with his size make him a nightmare for Diaz. Stun Gun may get finished in the third when he tires out, but if he can survive the round he wins that fight just like with Nate. Story does to Nick what he did to Thiago in roughing him up against the cage for three rounds. Hughes if he can close the distance and keep from getting cornered can win the fight with Nick. I don't think Nick can "easily dominate" any wrestlers seeing as he hasn't ever done that even once in his career. The closest he ever came to doing that was what he did to Robbie Lawlor who doesn't exactly fit the bill as a true wrestler.

him and diego would be a good fight, i think nick would beat him up standing though, look what bj did to him. I really think nick has improved his wrestling significantly since his last stint in the ufc. Rumble though? I dont think rumble wants to be on the ground at all with nick, he would get choked out real quick. Are you forgetting Nick's world class bjj? As for hughes (really lol) story and the rest, Diaz is just on a different level than they are. They would be routine nick diaz beat downs.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
thats a few too many names.... nick would easily dominate most of those guys now with the exception of kos, fitch, and gsp. There the only one's wrestling i could see being a problem for nick.

you don't think Diego does the same thing to Nick again? I do. Diego is extremely hard to submit even from a bad position, and his takedowns are still as good as ever. Rumble is all wrong for Nick with an even longer reach and a strong top game coupled with his size make him a nightmare for Diaz. Stun Gun may get finished in the third when he tires out, but if he can survive the round he wins that fight just like with Nate. Story does to Nick what he did to Thiago in roughing him up against the cage for three rounds. Hughes if he can close the distance and keep from getting cornered can win the fight with Nick. I don't think Nick can "easily dominate" any wrestlers seeing as he hasn't ever done that even once in his career. The closest he ever came to doing that was what he did to Robbie Lawlor who doesn't exactly fit the bill as a true wrestler.

him and diego would be a good fight, i think nick would beat him up standing though, look what bj did to him. I really think nick has improved his wrestling significantly since his last stint in the ufc. Rumble though? I dont think rumble wants to be on the ground at all with nick, he would get choked out real quick. Are you forgetting Nick's world class bjj? As for hughes (really lol) story and the rest, Diaz is just on a different level than they are. They would be routine nick diaz beat downs.

So Hughes with his unique mix of high level wrestling and jiu jitsu wouldn't be able to take Nick down when Nick has sub par takedown defense? Come on. Nobody is forgetting the world class jiu jitsu, but Rumble isn't exactly Chael Sonnen out there getting subbed every four fights or so. Story stifles Nick by smothering him against the fence and grinding on him for three rounds.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Hughes is not the dominant wrestler he once was. He is old, and would get bashed on the feet before he ever got the fight to the ground imo. It has been a while since we have seen nick face a good wrestler, so i'll admit that he still needs to prove that he can overcome that. Obviously we will see what happens with gsp. But as for thinking AJ is gonna take nick down and control him for 3 rounds....... yea i just dont see that happening. He would probably want to keep that fight standing and i think he would agree. Nick's bjj is quite a bit better than kos and clementi.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:41 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Hughes is not the dominant wrestler he once was. He is old, and would get bashed on the feet before he ever got the fight to the ground imo. It has been a while since we have seen nick face a good wrestler, so i'll admit that he still needs to prove that he can overcome that. Obviously we will see what happens with gsp. But as for thinking AJ is gonna take nick down and control him for 3 rounds....... yea i just dont see that happening. He would probably want to keep that fight standing and i think he would agree. Nick's bjj is quite a bit better than kos and clementi.

Hughes is still the dominant wrestler he always was. His standup always sucked and that coupled with the fact that in getting older he has lost a bit of speed on his shot is what has contributed most to his recent slump. As far as Rumble taking Nick down and controlling him for 3 rounds, Rumble likes to try and gameplan around other people's strengths. With Hardy he took him down because of the standing threat, with Brenneman he wanted to stand because of the wrestling. Also the Clementi fight was four years ago.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:05 pm

oggy420 wrote:

What this Diaz homer is saying is....."Kos, fitch, and GSP will whoop Nick, but you can't say all of those guys will beat Nick."

BOTTOM LINE: Nick is about the 6th or 7th best WW out there right now. He deserves his shot because he has been winning and fans want it but......beating Cyborg who isn't top 20 is not a real title defense. Daley was Nicks best fight since he has been winning and KOS smashed him with ease. Nick has the same problem, he cannot wrestle, therefore he will lose! He has almost as many tailormade fights for him as Anderson Silva has had. Nick is a pretender and he is gonna get beat down bad by GSP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL   Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ellenberger calls out Diaz LOL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2