Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stock market crash

Go down 
+4
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
SOKO
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Which fighters stock has dropped the most this year? Tyson Griffin, Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves and Fedor(2 losses this year) just to name a few candidates.
Back to top Go down

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Matt Hughes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Ali wrote:
Matt Hughes.
His only loss this year was to Kos. The Penn loss was 2010 so I wouldn't put him on this list. Now Tyson Griffin was on the verge of a title shot before he took a short nap on the canvas this weekend.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm

fedor hands down considering where he stood a year ago.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm

SOKO wrote:

As far as singificance it's got to be Fedor
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:11 pm

SOKO wrote:
Well the Werdum loss was in 2010, but he was still considered to be a top 5 HW and many people thought he simply "got caught" against Werdum.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:12 pm

yep OU he was still GOD after the upset but all down hill from there.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Man I've got to see Alves vs Story cause as far as this site goes it seems that loss turned him from a contender to shit to most on here and I don't fucking get it lol.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:16 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Man I've got to see Alves vs Story cause as far as this site goes it seems that loss turned him from a contender to shit to most on here and I don't fucking get it lol.
I had my opinion of Alves before Story "upset" him. I thought it was a joke he was even thought of as a contender going into that fight.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I still think Alves is a great fighter, the Alves that beat Kos would beat alot of WWs. JMO but I don't think losses to Fitch and Story doesn't make a fighter look that bad.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:21 pm

SOKO wrote:
yep OU he was still GOD after the upset but all down hill from there.
he is STILL god!

but it has to be the great one. griffin, thiago and hardy are small fish compared to Fedor
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:23 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
I had my opinion of Alves before Story "upset" him. I thought it was a joke he was even thought of as a contender going into that fight.
Alves has the best kicks in the division... is one of the more athletic guys in the division... because he got beat by the 2 best wws in the world you for some reason see him as overrated... beats me
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Alves has the best kicks in the division... is one of the more athletic guys in the division... because he got beat by the 2 best wws in the world you for some reason see him as overrated... beats me
I thought he was overrated before that, but more overranked. He was getting mentioned in the mix so fast you would swear he was a former UFC Champion.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Ali wrote:
Matt Hughes.

That makes zero sense.

Fedor is a definitely a candidate though his true decent started last year.

Charles Oliveira is a fringe possibility. He looked so good in his depute & 2nd fight then lost, got a win overturned, and lost again all since last Dec.

The answer is Ryan Badar. He went from top prospect a win away from a title shot to a scrub who loses to Tito Ortiz.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

OK, so other than Fedor and others mentioned..

George Sotiropoulos
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:50 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
I thought he was overrated before that, but more overranked. He was getting mentioned in the mix so fast you would swear he was a former UFC Champion.

Argument against Thiago is this: 1 win in 3 years, and that being vs John Howard.

But this argument has been in place since b4 the beginning of the year.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 pm

what no love for my man Grim?

Both in and out of the ring this guy has been a mess. Yes it started b4 the start of this year, but the slide has picked up serious momentum.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 pm

i was gonna drop Grim, but then Sot came to mind.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:55 am

Fedor for sure is number 1, Aussie George and Bader make honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:16 am

Jake Shields, Mark Hominick, Manny Gamburyan, Roy Nelson, Akiyama, Ron Sparxxx
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:21 am

OU wrote:

All good except Akiyama and Sparx. Neither should have ever been ranked anywhere near any top 10.

I think Rampage should be added to the list. A year ago he was ranked #2, #3 and about to murder Hamill to get a title shot.

Maia's dropped off pretty good. A year ago he was riding a 2-0 streak after lasting 5 with Anderson. Since then he's 1-2 with a terribly boring win and a loss to a go who took the fight on short notice. Now he's having to drop weight classes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:28 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

All good except Akiyama and Sparx. Neither should have ever been ranked anywhere near any top 10.

I think Rampage should be added to the list. A year ago he was ranked #2, #3 and about to murder Hamill to get a title shot.

Maia's dropped off pretty good. A year ago he was riding a 2-0 streak after lasting 5 with Anderson. Since then he's 1-2 with a terribly boring win and a loss to a go who took the fight on short notice. Now he's having to drop weight classes.
Both Jacare and Alvarez took pretty heavy hits with just 1 loss. Torres looked like he was on the rise again but he also suffered a major setback. Jorge Santiago's stock took a big hit with back to back losses. Mainly the loss to Maia. Paulo Thiago fell flat on his face, literally.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Apparently the stock for every LHW has dropped so low the UFC can't sell any fight for Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stock market crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock market crash   Stock market crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock market crash
Page 1 of 1