Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team

Go down 
+7
killerofchicken
josh200612
timthebim
corydd7
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team Empty
PostSubject: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Scoot over Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg, there's a new commentator in town.

ESPN anchor and "MMA Live" host, Jon Anik, has been signed on to be a part of the UFC's broadcast team, among other duties. According to a report from MMA Weekly, he's been signed to a three year deal and will begin work as soon as the UFC on FOX 1 event on Nov. 12, though to what capacity is unclear.

UFC president Dana White kicked off today's UFC 137 press conference (click here to watch) by making the huge announcement:

"I have been out there trying to lock up certain talent as we move on in this deal with FOX. He's one of the guys I've been aggressively going after, came from ESPN, I have alot of respect for him and what he has done and we finally got this deal done. Jon Anik will start with the UFC in January when we launch on FOX."

Anik was on hand and elated to say the least:

"Good to be here, so appreciative for this opportunity. Thanks to Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta and UFC President Dana white off course, Craig Borsari who was instrumental in getting this deal done. I believe the UFC's as strong a brand as there is in professional sports, but what really drew me to this organization was the people behind it, I think as strong as this organization is, it's the people behind it. It's a well-oiled machine; I just hope I don't get in the way. My first day is Saturday; I'll be there at UFC 137. This is where I wanted to be. If I was leaving ESPN, it was one destination it's the Ultimate Fighting Championship. It's a dream come true."

Dana White revealed that one of Anik's roles will be to act as play-by-play man for events on FX, as well as the live version of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 15.

The bossman did warn Anik that he will be a very busy man:

"With our schedule over the next couple of years and the things we have going on, Jon's going to be very busy here with the UFC. He's gonna wish he was back with ESPN."

No word yet on who will replace Anik over at ESPN.

What do you think about this new addition to the UFC broadcast team?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm

interesting choice, very uncontroversial, he should be fine really. I hope he replaces Goldie personally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Cool news...would be cooler if it meant we were going to be rid of that fuckin Mike Goldberg.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 pm

wow this is great I view his chat each week he is great! Honest fun host. Ballsy move to ever leave espn he just did a football game and was moving up I think.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Im not a fan of Anik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:15 am

Nice, Anik's done a great job with MMA Live.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:19 am

I like this addition he has a good voice.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:27 am

josh200612 wrote:
I like this addition he has a good voice.

Great voice huh Josh??? BJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:27 am

Now if they could only replace Goldberg with Mir that would be the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:20 am

I like Anik, good for the UFC and good for him
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 am

ESPN is still thinking baseball is relevant and now Anik, who I really like is moving in the right direction. This is just one of many moves, the UFC is making to get ready for their bright new future. I can't wait to see what they are going to do when Florian retires fro fighting...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
ESPN is still thinking baseball is relevant and now Anik, who I really like is moving in the right direction. This is just one of many moves, the UFC is making to get ready for their bright new future. I can't wait to see what they are going to do when Florian retires fro fighting...
LOL you're a fucking clown Drew
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 am

Go back to fucking cows OU, baseball is just old and slow, I know one person who is actually watching the World Series and he is almost 60. But thanks for your opinion, sheep banger...

Kiss My a$$
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:24 am

Go back to fucking cows OU, baseball is just old and slow, I know one person who is actually watching the World Series and he is almost 60. But thanks for your opinion, sheep banger...

ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team 2466

According to you no one gives a shit about baseball or basketball. It's just MMA and Football! OK Mr.Alabama, maybe no one gives a shit where you live. But real sports fans give a shit. Your statements just come across as extremely moronic, but I guess that has been your one consistent quality here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:56 am

Kiss My a$$

Laughing
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 pm

OU wrote:

According to you no one gives a shit about baseball or basketball. It's just MMA and Football! OK Mr.Alabama, maybe no one gives a shit where you live. But real sports fans give a shit. Your statements just come across as extremely moronic, but I guess that has been your one consistent quality here.

Alot of people love Baseball!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Actually this is pretty true. There was a study examining the average age of viewers of the World Series. Ten years ago the average age of viewers of the world series was like 48, last year it was 52.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Not moronic, I look at the numbers and they suck! In Alabama, the only thing these ppl like is football.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Kiss My a$$

When I got to work and went out for a smoke and a cup of coffee like every morning I was asked did you see that game last night? My reply was, What game? Then I got laughed at. I was like...baseball sucks and it's too slow for me. They need to speed up the game and allow so long for each pitch and maybe, just maybe I would watch. I got laughed at again. My reply was, Well, I won't watch then because it fucking sucks!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Not a fan of Anik at all. Less than 2 years removed from him predicting Brett Rogers to KO Overeem. Stop playa

I don't mind him from a professional standpoint, I just don't think he knows shit about analyzing fights/fighters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team   ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team
Page 1 of 1