Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound Empty
PostSubject: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7148200/big-12-accept-west-virginia-mountaineers-early-tuesday-source-says

Not a done deal yet but it's looking good. WVU is a great fit for the Big 12 imo. I only hope my CARDS get picked up by them or we might as well go back to Conference USA and bring Cincy with us. The Big 12 with WVU can argue that they are just as much of a powerhouse football conference year in and year out with the SEC. SEC football will always be considered the top dog, but additions like TCU and WVU give the Big 12 two big time football schools and immediate BCS contender teams. I think the number 1 football conference can change more now then ever. I would rather pick up WVU and TCU over Missouri and A&M all day long when it comes to who has put up good numbers the past 10 years.

SEC- Bama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, A&M, SCU
Big 12- Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, WVU, KSU, OSU, Baylor, Texas Tech

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Solid big pick for the B12 if true. That's starting to get pretty far away though. Lubbock to Morgantown is 1500 miles!

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

I would have rather kept Nebraska and A&M, fuck Mizzou they ain't worth shit. IMO A&M>WV or TCU in football.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah A&M is a major loss.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 pm

OU wrote:
I would have rather kept Nebraska and A&M, fuck Mizzou they ain't worth shit. IMO A&M>WV or TCU in football.

Have I been out of it cause I don't remember A&M doing dick in the 2000's?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

A&M hasn't done much that is for sure.

We got left behind in the arms race in the late 90s. Then OU and tu go and be huge dicks and hire Mack & Stoops, 2 of the greats. We were fucked at that point, but then we go and hire Fran from Bama and get set back another 5-6 years. Sherman has done a nice job righting the course. We've had several strong recruiting classes, finished ranked last year, and currently sit #16 and could easily be undefeated and ranked 3rd.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 pm

OU wrote:

Big 12 homer and a Big 12 snob at the same time. You really do remind me of Buckeye fans lol.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

A&M hasn't done much that is for sure.

We got left behind in the arms race in the late 90s. Then OU and tu go and be huge dicks and hire Mack & Stoops, 2 of the greats. We were fucked at that point, but then we go and hire Fran from Bama and get set back another 5-6 years. Sherman has done a nice job righting the course. We've had several strong recruiting classes, finished ranked last year, and currently sit #16 and could easily be undefeated and ranked 3rd.

All of that has nothing on our Steve Kragthorpe and Ron Cooper era's lol, UofL is like a roller coaster when it comes to success in football since the late 80's. Coach Strong has us headed in the right direction though. The Big 12 should be all over the University of Louisville for basketball alone. It isn't like you guys are getting a football program that can't or hasn't produced since the 80's. We have won and played in alot of bowl games and have won to BCS bowl games since the Howard Schnellenberger days. We travel very well also. We bring money, BIG MONEY cause that's all this whole metropolitan area cares about is UofL sports. WVU is a great get for the Big 12, but they need to say screw Missou and get my CARDS, and maybe Cincy, Boise State, or Houston and make it the true Big "12"

Tell me Kansas vs Louisville in Basketball wouldn't be great?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Looks like The Ville effectively stopped this move...for now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:41 pm

OU wrote:
Looks like The Ville effectively stopped this move...for now.

not true from what all the reporters around here are saying. They were talking about that last nite on the radio when I was driving home. Even coach Pitino chimed in by saying he will do what UofL wants. He said he will wave a Big 12 flag if Jurich asks him to do that. Mitch McConnell has no say so over WVU leaving the Big East. He just said some great stuff about a University from his state like any Senator would do. Nobody is making a move until Missou makes up their mind anyways. Texas and Oklahoma has been reported around here as the reason WVU and Louisville hasn't made a move. We both want to go imo. Texas wants one of the schools and Oklahoma wants the other. From what all the insiders around here are saying that is what is going down behind the scenes, besides Missou not making a move yet. I don't know who to beleive on this anymore.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah the rumors are that the Kentucky governor or senator or whatever called Boren who use to be the Oklahoma governor or senator and told them they shouldn't deal with WV. Funny thing is Boren was in my town Lawton yesterday so alot of the reports out there are from Lawton,Oklahoma.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

OU wrote:
Yeah the rumors are that the Kentucky governor or senator or whatever called Boren who use to be the Oklahoma governor or senator and told them they shouldn't deal with WV. Funny thing is Boren was in my town Lawton yesterday so alot of the reports out there are from Lawton,Oklahoma.

Great to hear honestly. You have any kind of article on this? I would like to call in and share that tonight on the way home with Lach on his show. I am pretty sure the Sooners have our back and Texas wants WVU. Why do you two have to fight over everything? I would like to qoute a Sooners fan and be more than happy to say "FUCK TEXAS" if this is true. Send me some info on that story if you have any. We are hearing so many different things around here it would be nice to have some insight from some Big 12 folk.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Well I look for a better one. But here is a slight mention.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20111027_29_B7_CUTLIN159871

Quote :
Boren refused to comment on the reports surrounding West Virginia and
Louisville, including ones that linked him to conversations with
Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 pm

http://score.leoweekly.com/2011/10/27/big-12-smackdown-the-mcconnell-boren-transcript/
Quote :
Yesterday it was widely reported that West Virginia’s membership was not
a done deal, and that the selection process was on hold until Missouri
confirmed its intentions. It was also reported that the Big 12’s “change
of mind” was a result of “heavy lobbying” by and on behalf of U of L.
It is reported that Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell, Louisville alum,
lobbied former congressman Kent Hance, now Texas Tech chancellor, and
former senate colleague David Boren, now president of University of
Oklahoma
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Quote :
Two other people with direct knowledge said that the lobbying of the
Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky, had
helped Louisville. His communication with Oklahoma’s president, David
Boren, a former senator, and Texas Tech’s chancellor, Kent Hance, a
former congressman, played a role in raising Louisville’s fortunes.
Hance confirmed that McConnell called him to push Louisville.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/sports/ncaafootball/big-12-may-admit-louisville-not-west-virginia.html?_r=1&ref=sports
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I can't beleive Rick Pitino would tell a lie to us? I checked around the CARDS sites and everyone is talking this stuff now even though yesterday it was all "lies"
Like I said I don't know who to beleive anymore? I'm glad Oklahoma has our back. I think Texas is still mad over the 41-10 ass-shalackin we put on them a few years after they considered shutting down our football program. The good thing about my CARDS is we always try. We get up, fall down, and get back up. Think about what we could do for recruiting football players with all that Big 12 money? We are already gonna be back in the top 25-40 teams in a year or two with the way recruiting is looking. We can play with the big dogs of the Big 12 in a few years.

In a perfect world the Big 12 loses weak ass Missouri and picks up ______, WVU, AND Louisville. Missouri has two big cities and alot of viewers though, but they ain't got shit on us and WVU win it comes to having a better football or basketball program. Anyone who thiks different is a Tigers fan or a Big 12 homer.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I just heard on the radio that some congressman is calling a congressional hearing about it. I guess he doesn't want to be part of the senate anymore fucking with old Mitch.

I feel that this needs to be said, FUCK TEXAS AND WEST VIRGINIA! FUCK WVU even more!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:53 am

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 am

If the Big 12 replaces NU, CU, A&M, & MU with TCU, WVU, UL, & say BYU or Boise. Then overall I think the conference did get weaker, but did a nice job to stay alive. I still don't see them staying alive in the long run though. The SEC, PAC, & B16 will keep expanding. I think OU, OSU, tu, WVU, & possibly TTU will the final touches. Once these teaams get picked away (along with some ACC teams) then I think whats left of the ACC & Big XII team up to get our 4 super conferences.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
If the Big 12 replaces NU, CU, A&M, & MU with TCU, WVU, UL, & say BYU or Boise. Then overall I think the conference did get weaker, but did a nice job to stay alive. I still don't see them staying alive in the long run though. The SEC, PAC, & B16 will keep expanding. I think OU, OSU, tu, WVU, & possibly TTU will the final touches. Once these teaams get picked away (along with some ACC teams) then I think whats left of the ACC & Big XII team up to get our 4 super conferences.
Yeah but that is more like 5 years or more away.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

From a football standpoint on comparing those two groupings I don't agree. Nebraska has their football program turning around finally. The rest of those teams are nowhere near the names they were when I was 8 years old. WVU, UofL, TCU, BYU, and Boise State have won more and better bowl games. The Big 12/10? is all about football so I understand. Losing Missouri and A&M and getting WVU and TCU is a hell of a job for football imo. TCU has been dominating their conference for years and WVU brings a football hungry state with a tradition for having great football teams. A&M is like the has been football team from Texas around here and Missouri had like one or two good seasons that I can remember? The good thing for Texas A&M is that some of the talent in high school football there will be wanting in the SEC and be able to stay close to home. The Aggies might be back as far as I am concerned. Bring all of those eyes over to the SEC in Texas is huge for A&M and the SEC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

From a football standpoint on comparing those two groupings I don't agree. Nebraska has their football program turning around finally. The rest of those teams are nowhere near the names they were when I was 8 years old. WVU, UofL, TCU, BYU, and Boise State have won more and better bowl games. The Big 12/10? is all about football so I understand. Losing Missouri and A&M and getting WVU and TCU is a hell of a job for football imo. TCU has been dominating their conference for years and WVU brings a football hungry state with a tradition for having great football teams. A&M is like the has been football team from Texas around here and Missouri had like one or two good seasons that I can remember? The good thing for Texas A&M is that some of the talent in high school football there will be wanting in the SEC and be able to stay close to home. The Aggies might be back as far as I am concerned. Bring all of those eyes over to the SEC in Texas is huge for A&M and the SEC.

If you're looking at a small window from like 03 to 10 then TCU has the edge over A&M, but basically outside of that A&M owns them. Too many people here with bad memories or just don't know the history.

Before the Big XII was formed guess who was 65-47 (less than 7 wins a year) the 10 years prior?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

If you're looking at a small window from like 03 to 10 then TCU has the edge over A&M, but basically outside of that A&M owns them. Too many people here with bad memories or just don't know the history.

Before the Big XII was formed guess who was 65-47 (less than 7 wins a year) the 10 years prior?

Spoiler:

What have you done for me lately? TCU is the better football team right now, and a better get for the Big 12. I know A&M's tradition and history and they are an all time top 10 football school, but I am talking about what you said as far as what they lost and gained in the Big 12. TCU is better imo because they have been a dominant football team as of late and are better right now. Add in WVU and I think the Big 12 did good. Speaking of WVU.....
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:28 pm

My CARDS sent those Mountaineer's packing out of the Big East and patted them on the butt with a win today. If Cincy loses we could actually win the Big East and get our asses kicked in a BCS bowl game. lol

Charlie Strong really has this young team playing great ball. I keep telling you guys we will be back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound   Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound Empty

Back to top Go down

Reports say WVU is Big 12 bound
Page 1 of 1