Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carson Palmer to Raiders

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Serious question. How do you feel about Alex Smith today? Could you possibly utter the phrase "I hope he comes back next year"?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

What I am liking about this is the familiarity factor. Jackson helped foster the deal partly due to his past ties to the Bengals. He was their WR coach during what was Palmers most productive time in Cincy including the best season of his career in 06. Now we see a Raider team which has looked increasingly better in the passing game each week having the opportunity to shift to a vet with some potential insight to what might be expected of him. This could work if Palmer is in good mental and physical shape because this team has been playing as such. McFadden is the best rb this season but because of the team play. As for the niners, lol, good for them. They are no better or worse than Oakland really at this point. They could easily of slipped two games on the Raiders schedule thus far and to think where Gore exposes Detroit's porous run for 140 yards that the McFadden and the leagues leading RB stable wouldn't do the same or worse..., they would do worse and get that win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Smith has been solid...he has not earned the long term committment yet but the only bad game he has had is the Detroit game...which he won in the last two minutes with the a do or die TD pass to Walker. The Lions deserve credit, they were able to rush him and throw him out of a rythm early but Smith deserves credit for recovering and winning the game...other than that he's been good just about every week. He was great against the Eagels. If anything, i would like to see them open up the game more for Smith.

But in his last 12 games dating back to last season his passer rating is 95, his TD/Int is 16-3..and heading into the game vs. Detroit he was 4th in the league in passer rating. That;s pretty good, and over 12 games nobody would be looking at that and talking as much shit that has been talked about Smith.

Smith has a lot of proving to do after a bad 6 years, but i still attribute most of his stuggles to a new offensive coordinator every year, two poor coaches in Nolan and Singletary, not having any recievers until about 2 years ago when Davis broke out of his shell, and a consistantly bad offensive line. Most of the problems have been fixed with Harbaugh.

I'm not saying he should be deemed the QB of the next 10 years, but i hope he is back next year for the simple fact that i don't think Kaepernick will be anything in the NFL and i don't want to draft a QB and then throw him out there right away. Alex Smith at the very least is proving to be a really good system QB but i think he can rack up better yardage and more TD's if given more downfield oppurtunities which might come when Braylon Edwards returns. Until then, Alex Smith is just fine for a team built on defense, special teams, rushing, and short yard passes.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm

2 years ago did you every think those thought would enter your mind? It's like if someone told me 10 years ago the Rangers would go to back to back World Series. Thought never entered my mind.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Some guys take a while to come around. Some guys never get the chance to. Smith is fortunate really to have been thought well enough of to have not moved on at some point, but I guess $ helped determine that as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Some guys take a while to come around. Some guys never get the chance to. Smith is fortunate really to have been thought well enough of to have not moved on at some point, but I guess $ helped determine that as well.
#1 overall draft picks usually get a long leash as long as they give you some effort. If I remember correctly Smith was a very good athlete coming out of the draft and had a nice 40 time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 315094_10150431388661654_784386653_10369637_321930717_n
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Some people are suggesting that Carson wouldn't be doing this is Al was alive. Safe to say he wouldn't have been down with this last season. Would have been a "fuck you" any year before that.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:25 pm

What was Palmer's big stink with the Bengals that he pulled all that "trade me or i retire" shit. Looks like they got better without him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Has to go down as one of the best trades in NFL history

The Bengals just made out like fucking bandits in the night. We were literally celebrating all day during work. I can't believe Oakland did this. Palmer is washed up garbage
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Has to go down as one of the best trades in NFL history

The Bengals just made out like fucking bandits in the night. We were literally celebrating all day during work. I can't believe Oakland did this. Palmer is washed up garbage

The bay area can

Raiders almost always do the wrong thing the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 pm

lol, we'll see. The Raiders did beat Denver, lol/
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Palmer's arm is pretty much shot due to his elbow injury a few years back that he let heal on its own instead of getting surgery. Not only does he now throw an awful deep ball, but he barely has the strength to try and throw out routes which is where the majority of his 20 INTs came from last year. Plus he totally folds in the pocket whenever there's pressure

I'm biased because I hate the dude but he's just not good anymore. Oakland will need him to be a game manager that hands off and tries to limit TOs and you don't give up two draft picks that high for a guy like that
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 pm

All the Raiders needed was a game manager. You don't need to blow next years draft for a game manager..Kyle Boller probably could have effectively handed the ball to Darren McFadden who got the ball to a good enough spot for their MVP Sebastian Janikowski
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah if Im Jason Campbell Im pissed. They gave up possibly 2 first round draft picks for a guy that i believe today i would take Jason Campbell over. Once again the raiders make a stupid ass move. Boller could have been serviceable until next season when campbell was back and they could have drafted some more help on there defense in the 1st round. Instead they take someones garbage off there hands at a robbery price.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 pm

if anybody is going to get the most out of palmer it's jackson. he was with him for 3 years at southern california and 3 years at cincinnati all being the best football days of his career thus far. jackson is taking the reins and is going to shine, the raiders are gonna be good and nothing gets all the other nfl fans in the country more riled up than that.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 am

the bengals must be laughing all the way to the bank after this deal. TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS??????????? fuck me.

it gives oakland a decent chance to make the playoffs this year but this deal is only worth it if they win a superbowl, which they won't.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 am

I think Carson is better then some of you think. This is still obviously a great deal for Cinci, Oakland way over paid. But Carson should still be better then just a game manager. He isn't the top 10 QB he once was but he should still have some life left in that arm.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 am

this deal is madness OU,

the raiders have a shot at a wildcard coming from the AFC west, a shot they don't have with boller under centre. but they need a number of miracles to fall into place to get a sniff of a superbowl. they will need a superbowl or two for this deal not to be talked about alongside herschel walker trades and such like.

two first round picks for a 31 year old QB who hasn't been that good for a few years due to wear & tear? what's he got, 3 years left? maybe 4 if he's lucky? after demanding a trade it was well debated whether he'd even be worth a 3rd and a 5th.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:14 pm

OU wrote:
I think Carson is better then some of you think. This is still obviously a great deal for Cinci, Oakland way over paid. But Carson should still be better then just a game manager. He isn't the top 10 QB he once was but he should still have some life left in that arm.

There isn't anything left in that arm. He's been a dink and dunk QB his last few years in Cincy. His deep ball is awful, hangs up there all day even when the receiver beats the dude by like 5 yards
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:15 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

There isn't anything left in that arm. He's been a dink and dunk QB his last few years in Cincy. His deep ball is awful, hangs up there all day even when the receiver beats the dude by like 5 yards
Like you said you hate the man. I think it's fair to assume you are selling him a little short.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

Like you said you hate the man. I think it's fair to assume you are selling him a little short.

I've also watched him every snap for the last 5 years which is probably 99% more than everyone else on here. He sucks, trust me. Even people here in Cincy who liked him and kept making excuses for him admit that he can't throw downfield anymore
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I think your tune would be slightly more optimistic if he didn't give your organization a huge middle finger. I'm not claiming he is what he once was. But you are making him sound like McNabb at this point.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:29 pm

I could care less about him refusing to play this season. I've wanted them to get rid of him for the last 4 years now. I was celebrating when he said he was going to retire instead of coming back. I'm enjoying every second of Dalton over Palmer
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

I expect Carson to still be in the top half of NFL QBs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer to Raiders   Carson Palmer to Raiders - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carson Palmer to Raiders
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next