Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice pickup. He's a good fit for them. Some nice style fights.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Veteran-Falcao-Inks-Deal-With-Bellator-36454

Bellator Fighting Championships has signed Brazilian knockout artist Maiquel Falcao to compete in its middleweight division.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney announced the news during Saturday’s Bellator 54 prelims on Spike.com. It’s currently unknown when Falcao will debut for the promotion.

Known for his knockout power and aggressiveness, Falcao has lost only once since December 2008, falling by submission to Antonio Braga Neto at Amazon Forrest Combat on Sept. 14. Prior to that loss, the Chute Boxe product had won nine straight fights, highlighted by one appearance in the UFC.

Falco fought his first and only UFC fight to-date against Gerald Harris roughly 11 months ago, taking home a unanimous nod over the American at UFC 123. Though Falcao emerged victorious in this lone Octagon appearance, the 30-year-old was reportedly released by the promotion due to alleged legal issues in his homeland.

Of Falcao’s 27 career wins, all but five have come by knockout. A black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, “Big Rig” has earned three of his victories by submission, and has only been taken the distance twice as a professional. Most recently, the Brazilian earned a knockout win over Douglas del Rio on Oct. 8, finishing his countryman in just 75 seconds at Apocalypse Fighting Championship.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:45 am

Dope addition. MW, with Lombard, Schlemenko, Rogers, and now Falcao, is easily it's most entertaining division.

Last edited by captain organic on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:06 am

This guy destroys Lombard.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I don't know about that but he runs shop on everyone who was in this MW tournament for sure
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:29 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't know about that but he runs shop on everyone who was in this MW tournament for sure

so Bobbitt, the guy who posted "but he got KO'd by Scott Smith" about 100 times, is now saying Falcao, who was KO'd by this guy http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Daniel-Ludtke-21966 will surely run shop on anyone in this Bellator tourney?

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Whoever that guy is, he's better than Scott Smith
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:33 pm

But anyway, saying that Falcao would beat Baker, Rogers, etc is a little different than my point about Smith knocking out Le which was anyone trying to act like this dude was going to be a challenge for Vitor/Anderson on the feet was laughable because he would've got straight fucking merked by both of them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if even this version of Wandy pulls it off
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
But anyway, saying that Falcao would beat Baker, Rogers, etc is a little different than my point about Smith knocking out Le which was anyone trying to act like this dude was going to be a challenge for Vitor/Anderson on the feet was laughable because he would've got straight fucking merked by both of them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if even this version of Wandy pulls it off

How many times have u even seen Falcao fight?

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Quite a few actually. He's too much on the feet for the guys who I just watched fight twice. Him and Shlemenko would be fun, but he'd be too much for him I think
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:40 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Quite a few actually. He's too much on the feet for the guys who I just watched fight twice. Him and Shlemenko would be fun, but he'd be too much for him I think

so u don't watch Bellator, but u watch alot of Arena Gold Fights?

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Huh? I don't think I've missed a Bellator show since like the first year it was on, so don't know where you're coming from with that

I watched a lot of his older fights through a site that Wolf hooked me up with a while back. He's got pretty many viewable fights on Youtube as well if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a lot more of his fights than say someone like Lorenz Larkin and I would have no problem making a prediction about how I would think he'd do in a Bellator tourney
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:46 pm

There is a lot of videos of past Falcao fights on you tube...i watched a couple of them after i first saw him in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Huh? I don't think I've missed a Bellator show since like the first year it was on, so don't know where you're coming from with that

I watched a lot of his older fights through a site that Wolf hooked me up with a while back. He's got pretty many viewable fights on Youtube as well if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a lot more of his fights than say someone like Lorenz Larkin and I would have no problem making a prediction about how I would think he'd do in a Bellator tourney

"I'm not into watching Lombard against Zuffa washouts and Bellator's weak MW division, that much I know"

Maybe I read to much into lines like this.

But hey, this move obviously adds credibility to Bellator's MW division in your eyes, so u must think this is a great pick up.

i hope he does well, it should provide for some good hype.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

"I'm not into watching Lombard against Zuffa washouts and Bellator's weak MW division, that much I know"

Maybe I read to much into lines like this.

But hey, this move obviously adds credibility to Bellator's MW division in your eyes, so u must think this is a great pick up.

i hope he does well, it should provide for some good hype.

Not into it as in this guy should clearly be in the UFC instead of trying to run that winning streak up to 30 while fighting inferior competition. I still watch Bellator every week
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:57 am

Maiquel Falcao suffers stroke, hospitalized in Brazil
Quote :
Maiquel Falcao has been fighting a really hard battle on the last days. The former UFC fighter, who recently signed a contract with Bellator, is hospitalized at Santa Casa da Misericordia of Pelotas, in Santa Catarina, after suffering a stroke during trainings.

“Maiquel is still on the Intensive Care Unit and might stay there for few more days, when he’ll go through a catheterization. He’s lucid and improving fast”, his manager Marcelo Brigadeiro told TATAME on Wednesday.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/11/23/Maiquel-Falcao-suffers-stroke,-hospitalized-in-Brazil
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 pm

geyouch!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator   Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator Empty

Back to top Go down

Maiquel Falcao signs with Bellator
Page 1 of 1