Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate

Go down 
+4
captain organic
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Primetyme199
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  Empty
PostSubject: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Rape, torture, homicide ... is there anything this guy can't do?

Former UFC punching bag Joseph Hyungmin Son, who is serving a life sentence after being convicted of torture in a brutal gang rape case, is now under suspicion for killing his cellmate at California's Wasco State Prison on Oct. 10, 2011.

The story first surfaced earlier today on The Underground with a chilling account from "SoCal PriznGard:"

Ex UFC fighter, Joe Son has murdered his cellmate. While serving a life sentence for gang rape, Joe Son has been attacked several times by other inmates who do not tolerate rapists in prison. It has not yet been determined why he killed his cellmate or how ... Joe and dead guy only ones in cell together. Guard doing count, sees celly is unresponsive, medical arrives. CPR performed. Celly has trauma to chest area. Pronounced dead. Innocent until proven guilty but looks like he did it. These are the only facts that I have right now. Investigation still in progress since it just happened on Monday around 5:00 pm.

Now the Wasco Litigation Department has sent out a press release (via Cage Potato) confirming the inital report, which you can view after the jump.

Star-divide

Officials from Wasco State Prison-Reception Center (WSP-RC) and the Kern County District Attorney's Office are investigating the death of an inmate as a homicide. The inmate, whose name is being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, was found dead in his cell about 5:50 p.m. October 10, 2011.

The 50-year-old inmate was received at WSP-RC from San Luis Obispo County on June 23, 2011, as a parole violator with a new term for failure to register as a sex offender. He received a 2-year sentence.

Joseph Son, 40, has been identified as a suspect in the case. Son was received at WSP-RC from Orange County on September 16, 2011, on a life sentence with the possibility of parole for torture.

"Joe Son" (0-4), also known to non-MMA fans as "Random Task" from Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, is probably best known in the fight community for having his balls demolished by Keith Hackney back at UFC 4 en route to a first round submission loss.

C'mon, Son.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 pm

lol, i always forget he was Random Task.

a 5 foot 4 heavyweight...damn, outside of the big names the UFC used to be a joke.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:37 pm

* 1-4-0
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 pm

By killing his cell mate...does that give him his first win inside the cage?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Damn, Bobbitt beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:23 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

but the "cage' angle was a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:51 pm

You guys are fucking hysterical! Wait til some news douche tries to link him to Zuffa...
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

but the "cage' angle was a nice touch.

That's what I was thinking. Bobbit nailed the joke, but Kings brought it to a whole new level. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 am

Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  I-dont-always-go-to-jail-but-when-i-do-i-kill-my-cellmate
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 am

Ludo wrote:
Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  I-dont-always-go-to-jail-but-when-i-do-i-kill-my-cellmate

LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate    Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jailed UFC veteran 'Joe Son' suspected of killing prison inmate
Page 1 of 1