Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fights you suspected were fixed.

Go down 
+2
Birdofthad
4445Frank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Fights you suspected were fixed. Empty
PostSubject: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm

"Kid, this ain't your night." I doubt those words would ever be spoken in most big fights. The fighters are getting paid too much to get paid off. Try paying Frazier off to lose to Ali. Though, however rare it is, I'm convinced I've seen some rigged fights where one gladiator was paid off. Not necessarily to take a ten count. "Just forget to win the fight." There is one particular fight which occurred during the 80's which I'm pretty sure was fixed. I won't say the name of the combatants because it would cause a storm. One fighter, who had a net worth of millions, was fighting another champion whose worth was much less to say the very least. Nevertheless, I'm sure the older fighter not only could've taken him out, but done it early. Strange fight. The veteran holds the entire fight, then in the very end of the 12th round, throws what I think was a left. The Superstar is ready to go. Kind of like the veteran was reminding him of the reality they were sharing. Has anyone else seen a fight where they thought they smelled a rat?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Foreman vs Briggs was such a bad scoreard it makes me wonder

no ifs and or buts about it, Don King is the only reason Julio Cesar Chavez got a draw against Pernell Whitaker
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Foreman vs Briggs was such a bad scoreard it makes me wonder

no ifs and or buts about it, Don King is the only reason Julio Cesar Chavez got a draw against Pernell Whitaker
Ok Bird, but rigged decisions always were and always will be a part of our sport. I was talking about fighters that you thought actually threw fights. I know you have some that you wonder about from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:33 pm

honestly have never watched a fight live and suspected a fighter of tanking it, only fixes I have been suspicious of were scorecards

know there were a slew of fixed fights in the old times that we know took place but as far as watching a fight live, i dont think so

there was one Emanuel Augustus fight when he was Courtney Burton that was suspicious though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X2wPWMURJ4
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

DelaHoya vs Sturm,

Holyfield vs Oquendo,

Casamayour vs Santa Cruz,

Foreman vs Schultz.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:21 pm

De La Hoya vs Mayorga is the only fixed fight Ive seen in my life time. Mayorga was told to not hit DLH in the face and to go out quickly. DLH was over the hill and no way did he have that type of punching power to put a guy like Mayorga to sleep. It was hyped for DLH to win a title to have a big PPV fight with Mayweather.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:27 pm

IDK DIegeo that left hook was pretty dan potent
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Marcos Geraldo took a dive against Hearns.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:19 pm

these are fights a person actualy saw..1.lulu perez vs willie pep2.george foreman vs bert cooper.3.liston vs ali 2 4.tyson vs bruce sheldon..there are a few others including a famous fight or two i know was fixed but i didnt see the fight at all..there were more than one via the scorecards but thats a different story..
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
these are fights a person actualy saw..1.lulu perez vs willie pep2.george foreman vs bert cooper.3.liston vs ali 2 4.tyson vs bruce sheldon..there are a few others including a famous fight or two i know was fixed but i didnt see the fight at all..there were more than one via the scorecards but thats a different story..

Right on the money with Ali-Liston II.Hagler-Leonard seemed a bit choreographed for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:23 pm

off by the way another one i know for a fact..bob foster vs frankie depaula.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Dmar, why do you think these fights were fixed. I'm more interested in the Foreman - Cooper fight.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:09 pm

[quote="WinstonSmith"]
dmar5143 wrote:

Right on the money with Ali-Liston II.Hagler-Leonard seemed a bit choreographed for my tastes.[/quote] Maybe you're right, but Hagler complaining this long about a fixed fight? I don't know, Winston.

Last edited by 4445Frank on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:15 pm

fight number 1 was from great reliable inside information amoung other things..fight number two there are many reasons starting with lol why lewiston maine.i could list a dozen reasons starting even ali when he saw liston go down immediately put 2 and 2 together...coopers pay i believe was held up via commision..foreman was inept that night and hit cooper with litterly nothing never hurt him etc etc yet cooper refused to come out for the next round..it smelled threw the tv..
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:24 pm

met a man that worked in the New York Yankees org' he had the World Series rings to prove it, and he said he was good friends with Ingohmar Johansen in Miami in the old days, and he said Ingo claimed to have taken a dive against Patterson in the rubber match
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:28 pm

nope thats just hollow talk..ingo can lol claim all he wants but his glass jaw proved otherwise..after that fight my father made the comment that it was the battle of the glass jaws..he was correct.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:30 pm

ya i kind of held my tongue since i was like 15 and the guy was in his 70s but i was like that was his plan?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Ramos-Marquez.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:35 pm

did yall see that report of all the various boxers came forward for immunity and said they were not paid to take dives but they just took them themselves, cant think who it was but one was a former Foreman opponent in the 90s he said he just showed up to get knocked out and went down at the first hard punch.

I think that mght be going on alot sadly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fights you suspected were fixed.   Fights you suspected were fixed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fights you suspected were fixed.
Page 1 of 1