Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jones-Evans targeted for 140

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
OU
captain organic
corydd7
bobbitt15
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Jones-Evans targeted for 140 Empty
PostSubject: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/05/ufc-targeting-jon-jones-vs-rashad-evans-for-ufc-140-main-event/

Quote :
HOUSTON -- Get ready for the grudge match.

The UFC is targeting December's UFC 140 for the long-awaited Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans light-heavyweight title bout, MMA Fighting has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

The fight is not yet official, but appears likely to be announced within the next 24-48 hours. UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting that he could not yet announce a UFC 140 main event, but might possibly be able to do so by the end of the day.

Before that can happen, at least one hurdle must be overcome. Evans has to be cleared from a hand injury suffered in his recent UFC 133 win over Tito Ortiz. That injury required pins to be inserted into his hands, but Evans' coach Mike Van Arsdale told MMA Fighting that he was scheduled to visit the doctor on Wednesday and expected Evans to be cleared.

Van Arsdale told MMA Fighting he had no knowledge of the rumored December date, but said a clean bill of health would make Evans' participation in a Dec. 10 fight feasible.

"I think if they give us any date, I can get him ready to beat Jon," he said. "I'm not overly concerned about Jon like everyone else is. My fighter has the ability, tools and the determination to beat him. As long as he's healthy, and I have eight or nine weeks with him -- and it's right around that right now, that's all I need."

Jones, meanwhile, is coming off his fourth-round submission win over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135 just two weeks ago. A bout at UFC 140 would mark a quick turnaround for the 24-year-old.

If UFC officials could navigate these issues, Jones and Evans will finally bring their long-held grudge to the octagon. The two were infamously once teammates at the Greg Jackson camp in New Mexico before parting ways earlier in 2011.

UFC 140 will take place in Toronto's Air Canada Centre. It will be the promotion's first time back since its massive Rogers Centre spectacle set records by drawing over 55,000 fans and an $11 million gate.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Tito Ortiz
Brian Ebersole vs. Rory MacDonald
Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung
Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
Igor Pokrajac vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Rich Attonito vs. Claude Patrick
Dennis Hallman vs. John Makdessi
John Cholish vs. Mitch Clarke
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:49 pm

UFC LOVES CANADA!!!!!!! Quick turn around for Jones I like it!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:50 pm

So what about that whole Jones leg injury business following the page fight?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 pm

captain organic wrote:
So what about that whole Jones leg injury business following the page fight?
http://mmajunkie.com/news/25505/ufc-champ-jon-jones-suffered-no-serious-injuries-but-ufc-giving-him-a-rest.mma
"He's good," White, who recently met with the 24-year-old champ, told MMAjunkie.com
(www.mmajunkie.com). "He's 100 percent. I talked to him [on Saturday],
and he said he feels great. The only thing that's sore on him is his
calf. It's a little sore."
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Man this card is stacked! There are alot of easy fights to pick if they stay this way.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Not a barn burner card but ppv worthy fo sho
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Van Arsdale told MMA Fighting he had no knowledge of the rumored December date, but said a clean bill of health would make Evans' participation in a Dec. 10 fight feasible.

"I think if they give us any date, I can get him ready to beat Jon," he said. "I'm not overly concerned about Jon like everyone else is. My fighter has the ability, tools and the determination to beat him. As long as he's healthy, and I have eight or nine weeks with him -- and it's right around that right now, that's all I need."

Man they are giving Jones all the bulletin board material he could ever need, or is that his head is still ringing from this kick.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 pm

dana said this rummer is false
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm

cascade_run wrote:

Man they are giving Jones all the bulletin board material he could ever need, or is that his head is still ringing from this kick.

Nice video to throw in on Van Arsdale. Noting better then seeing Wand soccer kick him to the back of the dome for trying to kick his knee and shin in.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Dana said this was hooey on the twitter.

I don't often read Dana's twitter but it seems everytime i do, he's in a flame war with somebody.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Dana said this was hooey on the twitter.

I don't often read Dana's twitter but it seems everytime i do, he's in a flame war with somebody.

Hey it's okay Kings. I signed up for Twitter and followed DW and Mayhem for a few days and I haven't been back. If I can admit that you can admit u check up on DW every day. Oh and read the comment I left u on the Michael Vick fiasco in the pics n vids section. You owe me an apology for saying "You lost respect for me"

I cried all day over that and had to call into work and I even beat my kids over it. Now you gimme an "attaboy" or I won't talk to u for 3 days. 3 DAYS KINGS, THU-REEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Yeah this is BS apparently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones-Evans targeted for 140   Jones-Evans targeted for 140 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones-Evans targeted for 140
Page 1 of 1