Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals Empty
PostSubject: Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals   Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 am

UFC President, Dana White has finally shed some light on what was and wasn’t offered to former WWE champion, Kurt Angle when it came to a potential switch to the mixed martial arts world with the UFC, explaining the powerhouse wrestler was offered a spot on the tenth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” but he failed to pass the medicals.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Dana said:

“I like Kurt Angle. He’s a nice guy. I’ve never had any problems with Kurt Angle. Good guy. Kurt Angle was calling me to fight in the UFC. He wanted to fight in the UFC. He wanted to come over here and whatever, especially after Brock got in. What I offered him was, I said, ‘Come over here. I’ll put you on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ The season Kimbo Slice was on, I was going to put him on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ He wanted to do it. We worked out a deal, but he didn’t pass the medicals.”

“That’s it. That’s all I’m saying. I never set up a pay-per-view fight for him. I never told him, ‘You’re fighting Kimbo Slice on pay-per-view.’ Kurt, you’re a good guy, but that’s not true, and that never happened. I thought it would be interesting, and I thought it would be cool, but never once did I say, ‘We’re going to set up a pay-per-view match with you and Kimbo.’ That is not true.”

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals   Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am

I really beleived Angle so this is shocking that he lied about him vs Kimbo on PPV. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals   Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 pm

for Kurt Angle, the cheese has kind of slid off the cracker over the past 5-6 years or so...probably not cool that Dana exposed that he failed his medicals though.

His original response of "I like Kurt. But that is not true" would have done just fine...he didnt need to expose that much info because Kurt deals with a media himself in pro wrestling who will immediatley think he was a gashead around that time when it could likely have more to do with the poor state of his neck or his usage of pain medication,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals   Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White reveals he offered Kurt Angle a spot on TUF 10 but he didn’t pass the medicals
Page 1 of 1