Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem

Go down 
+13
MMAEYES
captain organic
Primetyme199
josh200612
cheekynffc
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
OU
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Bleacher Report ranked the 16 Featherweights and Bantamweights last month

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/829894-the-ultimate-fighter-14-ranking-the-featherweights-and-their-odds-of-winning

1 Micah Miller - Lost to #8
2 Eric Marriott - Lost to #6
3 Stephen Bass - Beat #14
4 Marcus Brimage - Beat #11
5 Dennis Bermudez - Beat #9
6 Bryan Caraway - Beat #2
7 Jesse Newell - Lost to #12
8 Steven Siler - Beat #1
9 Jimmie Rivera - Lost to #5
10 Brian Pearman - Lost to #15
11 Bryson Hansen - Lost to #4
12 Diego Brandao - Beat #7
13 Josh Clopton - Lost to #16
14 Karsten Lenjoint - Lost to #3
15 Hamid Corassani - Beat #10
16 Dustin Neace - Beat #13

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/825809-the-ultimate-fighter-14-ranking-the-16-bantamweights-and-their-odds-of-winning

1 T.J. Dillashaw - Beat #3
2 Brandon Merkt - Lost to #6
3 Matt Jaggers - Lost to #1
4 Paul McVeigh - Lost to #5
5 Louis Gaudinot - Beat #4
6 John Dodson - Beat #2
7 BJ Ferguson - Lost to #13
8 Carson Beebe - Lost to #14
9 Casey Dyer - Lost to #11
10 Orville Smith - Lost to #16
11 Josh Ferguson - Beat #9
12 Tateki Matsuda - Lost to #15
13 Roland Delmore - Beat #7
14 Johnny Bedford - Beat #8
15 Dustin Pague - Beat #11
16 John Albert - Beat #10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:02 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
U have to hate MMA if u didnt like that show last night. Even if it was a one hour show it would've still been the best start to a season ever. I hope Matsuda finds his way in to the house. Every fight was great and the guys all brought it. Best talent I have seen on the show in years.

Then i hate i hate i hate MMA
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Did you actually watch it yet?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm

No. I actually have not watched a snippet of TUF since the opening of the Ortiz-Liddell season..i gave them one last chance not to insult my intelligence and the integrity of the sport...it was not as bad as Rampage-Shad...but still, canned.

How was last night? did Mayhem really make Bisping angry?

Don't care too much about exhibition fights with low level fighters.

Before anybody gets on me about calling them low level, first check the last few seasons of Tuf except for Nelson because he only did the show for the pub, he could have been signed outright and....

..Any competitive series that starts off with Dustin Neace winning a fight instantly loses credibility.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 pm

There was about 2% focus last night on the coaches who were sandwiching Dana as they watched all of the fights and what was shown of them was mostly just reactions the the action in the cage.

While being exhibition fights, calling out everyone has low level would be simply wrong. And further, good results in a fight have no relevance to a fighters perceived level or there would never be boring main events at a UFC show.

TUF season 10 was TUF season 10, which this is not. Season 10 featured fighters the weakest and thinnest division in the sport.

What you missed was about 6 highly competitive, active, back and forth fights that were finished and 1 which was a decision in the bonus round. Another 5 fights which were in the not as competitive to early highlight reel KO or Sub range, all of which were a certain positive level of entertaining. 1 or 2 fights which were so so, but ended vie sub or KO still. There were only two 20-18 decisions for which only the highlights were shown.

16 fights, 8 KO's, 5 Subs, 3 decisions. 8 stoppages in the first round (5 KOs, 3 subs), 3 stoppages in the second (2 KO, 1 sub) and 2 stoppages in the overtime round (1 KO, 1 sub).

I'd say 11 fights got my stamp of entertainment approval. One of the more entertaining UFC products, not just TUF shows, ever.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Can't say I know much about Dustin Neace other than he has mediocre results in his 40 fights since getting into this sport 5 years ago. But if it makes you feel any better his fight was a 20-18 decision and was not special and he celebrated like he won a championship after it was announced, he is one of the longest shots off of the 45 seconds worth of highlight they showed from his 10 minute fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Kings, you owe it to yourself to watch this episode. Some bad ass fights.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:42 am

I watched my recording of this last night, it was the best episode of tuf ever. Lots of actual talent on the show, I'm happy with it for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah I watched it again and I have to say best episode ever. The reason is all the other divisions have been around for so long that the best fighters are already in the UFC/Zuffa. These 2 divisions aren't established yet so there are still some excellent fighters not in the UFC. It's like the fighters from the early seasons of TUF when they discovered Griffin, Florian and Koscheck.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 am

I agree, I also think that atleast imo the smaller weights are more fun to watch cause they(the good ones I mean) just go ape shit and don't get tired. I love watching these weight classes.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Bleacher Report ranked the 16 Featherweights and Bantamweights last month

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/829894-the-ultimate-fighter-14-ranking-the-featherweights-and-their-odds-of-winning

1 Micah Miller - Lost to #8
2 Eric Marriott - Lost to #6
3 Stephen Bass - Beat #14
4 Marcus Brimage - Beat #11
5 Dennis Bermudez - Beat #9
6 Bryan Caraway - Beat #2
7 Jesse Newell - Lost to #12
8 Steven Siler - Beat #1
9 Jimmie Rivera - Lost to #5
10 Brian Pearman - Lost to #15
11 Bryson Hansen - Lost to #4
12 Diego Brandao - Beat #7
13 Josh Clopton - Lost to #16
14 Karsten Lenjoint - Lost to #3
15 Hamid Corassani - Beat #10
16 Dustin Neace - Beat #13

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/825809-the-ultimate-fighter-14-ranking-the-16-bantamweights-and-their-odds-of-winning

1 T.J. Dillashaw - Beat #3
2 Brandon Merkt - Lost to #6
3 Matt Jaggers - Lost to #1
4 Paul McVeigh - Lost to #5
5 Louis Gaudinot - Beat #4
6 John Dodson - Beat #2
7 BJ Ferguson - Lost to #13
8 Carson Beebe - Lost to #14
9 Casey Dyer - Lost to #11
10 Orville Smith - Lost to #16
11 Josh Ferguson - Beat #9
12 Tateki Matsuda - Lost to #15
13 Roland Delmore - Beat #7
14 Johnny Bedford - Beat #8
15 Dustin Pague - Beat #11
16 John Albert - Beat #10

Thanks, this is great.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:24 pm

No Fucking way!

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Miesha+Tate+Bryan+Caraway+3rd+Annual+Fighters+qGqBxmDbEGVl
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Yep.

Caraway seems very mental midgety
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
No Fucking way!

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Miesha+Tate+Bryan+Caraway+3rd+Annual+Fighters+qGqBxmDbEGVl

But seriously... Really?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:15 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
My review of the show.

SUCKED

It's actually pretty legit this season bro, some talented looking guys and overall higher caliber fights. And usually there's at least that 1 guy who ends up being quality on TUF, isn't even always the winner, look at Gray. This one dude who looks like mini JDS is probably that dude for me thus far.

And I know you were on board with the Mayhem/Bisping coaches, funny stuff, Mayhem could just call Bisping uglyand he'd get him riled up. Give it a watch....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
No Fucking way!

Son of a b....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:21 am

This show is making me a big Miller fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:30 am

If you weren't already a Miller fan you deserve to be lashed 100 times.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Kings....u a hater! TUF has produced some great talent over the years. It's no different then a guy fighting in a feeder org and getting discovered with the exception of the fighters being featured on a reality show. Just because it shows guys in a house and there is a tv show side to it doesn't mean u are committing MMA treason by watching it. Stop the TUF hate cause u r missing out on quality fighters and great fights. You aren't that much cooler then us for not admitting that you watch it. Come out of the closet dude!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 am

This season is honestly the best I've seen I think, I like both coaches, hell I even like most of the fighters which is my usual problem with the show, I usually can't stand the guys they have in these shows. But this season seems to have more talent then tv personality on it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:53 am

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Untitled-28
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:07 pm

When do Bisping and Mayhem meet again ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Ali wrote:
at Finale Dec. 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:12 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
at Finale Dec. 3

Sweet, thanks OU.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
at Finale Dec. 3

Sweet, thanks OU.
The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Picture
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem    The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter 14: Bisping vs Mayhem
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next