Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him Empty
PostSubject: Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him   Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 am

http://www.mmashareforums.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/dan-henderson-says-anderson-silva-doesn-t-want-to--t45709.html

Current Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is a free agent, that much is clear.

Where Henderson fights next, well, that is still up in the air.

Henderson, talking with ClinchGear recently, discussed a number of subjects including a fight with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, future contenders for his title and his relationship with UFC President Dana White.

Many reports surfaced when Henderson failed to agree to terms with the UFC stating that "Hendo" wanted a rematch with Silva. The UFC, the reports said, felt like there was no point in that fight and Henderson moved on.

Just last month, more rumors came to light about a possible Henderson-Silva match headlining the UFC on FOX 1 card in November. Those proved to be untrue, though, as Cain Velasquez was signed to meet Junior dos Santos for the heavyweight title that night.

As for just how close negotiations were to being completed for the Henderson-Silva card, Henderson gave a straight-forward answer.

"You'd have to ask Anderson Silva's camp, but I don't think it was close at all because I don't think he wants to fight me," Henderson said. "It was something that was talked about and I said, 'Sure, no problem. I'd do that.' I'd cut down to 185 to fight him, but nobody else."

It would seem like facing Silva, who defeated Henderson by submission in 2008, and trying to right that loss is something atop his current wish list.

"Probably. Especially the way he fights most the time," Henderson said. "He's disrespectful to his opponents and the fans at the same time."

Henderson has yet to defend his Strikeforce 205-pound title, as he last bout came against Fedor Emelianenko.

Still, he feels there are contenders out there looking to take the belt from him - even in Strikeforce.

"I definitely feel that there's still the possibility for me to defend that belt in Strikeforce, but I think now that the UFC has bought Strikeforce and they need to make money and I need to make money, so we'll see what happens. I'd like to work out a deal where I'm fighting in both promotions," Henderson said. "For me it's all about the money and the fights, as well. I think both organizations definitely have the fights, but we'll see. The pay-per-view (percentage) definitely could make a difference, as well, and I think either way, I'm hoping to get a pay increase after my last three fights, but you never know."

As for White, Henderson made sure to poke a little fun at their relationship.

"I think he likes me, just because I don't get in between him and his dinner," Henderson said.

Henderson said that while he enjoys the negotiation side of being a free agent, he expects that within the next month a deal will be worked out.

"I would love to be able to fight in the UFC and defend my belt in Strikeforce," Henderson stated.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him   Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

signs of life for SF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him   Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him   Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Henderson Says Anderson Silva Doesn't Want To Fight Him
Page 1 of 1