Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight

Go down 
+2
Bigs03
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight Empty
PostSubject: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 am

I think the decision was fair, though i would not have complained if Cerrone had got the decision. There is a big uproar about it but i think Ben won the 1st 3 rounds, and Donald won the last 2. You would really have to think Donald won round 1 to give him this fight and i don't think he did.

Ben Henderson is a baddass. He kind of reminds me of Clay Guida. He's not quite on Clay's level but the guy is a machine.

This card turned out alright.

Fabiano got tapped, that was surprise.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 am

Yep, great fight. I would've given it to Cerrone but it was very close.

Couldn't believe Wagnney got caught in a triangle, that was nuts.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 am

Yah, that fight was nuts and I thought that Cerrone had won, but was not surprised that Henderson got the victory. Henderson is a little bit like Fitch - unchokeable, with some gumby like (or Huerta-like) arms to boot. Cerrone is just awesome to watch though and is built for five-rounders with his iron chin and conditioning. He always gets stronger the longer the fight goes. I can't wait to see his next fight and am a little dissapointed I don't get to see him rematch Varner. With Varner's wrestling I have the feeling he can keep the fight standing and outstrike Henderson on his feet, but we will see.

Seeing Fabiano get triangled was pretty amazing -I don't think he respected that guys Jitz at all until it was too late.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am

damn man! im pissed i missed it. Was getting fucked up at a buddies house but guess what.... no VS channel! Ughh!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 am

It is about time the Fabiano bandwagon unloaded. I've never understood why everyone was so high on that guy. I'm not saying he's bad, but back when it was Faber v Brown for the title my next 2 contenders were Aldo and Grispi, not Fabiano.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 pm

just watched the fight and i thought Cerrone won rounds 1, 4, and 5. Round 1 he had 2 close submission attempts, but took some ground and pound too so i guess thats the round where it was decided. I respect Henderson he got out of what looked like some really painful submission attempts throughout the fight, he has alot of heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

I wish the WEC would hurry up and get a UK tv deal because I hate missing out on all the good fights.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Cerrone had about 1 1/2 minutes of sub attempts and Henderson had 3 minutes of controlling position and striking on the ground. That's why he got the round from the judges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight   Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone was an excellent fight
Page 1 of 1