Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC discussing MMA Live style show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC discussing MMA Live style show Empty
PostSubject: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-ceo-lorenzo-fertitta-says-ufc-magazine-style-show-already-in-discussions

Quote :
While the UFC and Fox on Thursday cemented their new seven-year TV deal on Thursday with several announcements – including a complete revamp of The Ultimate Fighter reality series, which will now go to a “jive-live” format on the FX Network and live events on Fox – there is more to come.

The various Fox and UFC executives that took part in Thursday’s public unveiling revealed the foundation of the agreement, but all were lockstep in stating that this is only the beginning. There are already numerous other programming and promotional angles in discussion that have yet to be revealed or even fully developed.

One of the other programming opportunities that is already in motion is a weekly UFC magazine-style show in the vein of ESPN’s MMA Live or HDNet’s InsideMMA.

When MMAWeekly.com asked UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta about the potential for a weekly magazine-style series, he responded, “Not only weekly, but, potentially, multiple times per week you’ll have a UFC magazine (show).”

Apparently they’ve had serious discussions already because Fertitta clarified that “multiple times per week” would mean multiple live episodes, not just airing the show live once per week and then repeating it throughout.

It hasn’t yet been decided who will be the on-air talent hosting the show, however, or what name will brand it.

“That’s not worked out yet,” said Fertitta, “but those are some of the ideas that are being kicked around right now. The amount of programming this media company is committing to is unprecedented.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm

I kinda expected this
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:04 am

Good! I am tired of being relegated behind baseball tonight and the Ice dancing...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 am

Sweet, multiple live shows about UFC news? Having that on FOX could help educate those casual fans. The more you know, the more interested you are.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 am

I knew they would make a show like that but I thought it would only be once a week, when I read “Not only weekly, but, potentially, multiple times per week you’ll have a UFC magazine (show).” I almost busted a nut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:40 am

Does this mean Shad, KenFlo and Bonnar will leave MMA Live ?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:45 am

Ali wrote:
probably and most likely
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 am

Ali wrote:
Will MMA Live even remain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Why wouldn't it ? it's a ESPN run show.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I guess I wasn't thinking. MMA live is not exclusive to the UFC. It just seems like it sometimes lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I guess I wasn't thinking. MMA live is not exclusive to the UFC. It just seems like it sometimes lol

Just means more exposure for MMA, now you've got shows on Fox and ESPN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC discussing MMA Live style show   UFC discussing MMA Live style show Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC discussing MMA Live style show
Page 1 of 1