Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grave Encounters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:03 am

I just had a look at this recently and if you liked the Paranormal Activity movies or the Blair Witch(the first one) then this is the kind of movie your into. It's the latest in the "found tape" genre and has a bit of a twist midway through that kind of keeps you watching. Give it a watch if you like this kind of movie.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:18 am

HA! Did you see when I posted the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah, I thought it looked like Blair Witch meets Paranormal and didn't think much of it until I saw it available and decided to go watch it. Not bad for what it is.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 am

Ludo wrote:
Yeah, I thought it looked like Blair Witch meets Paranormal and didn't think much of it until I saw it available and decided to go watch it. Not bad for what it is.

You saw when I posted the trailer right?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:57 am

I posted on the thread I think.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:59 am

It looks good. Do you have a link or On-Demand or what?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:21 am

Check your PM
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 am

Send me a link too. I'll give it a look. I'm an unabashed fan of the "found tape" genre. The trailer for Grave Encounters looked pretty hit or miss but previews never do these types of fims justice.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Send me a link too. I'll give it a look. I'm an unabashed fan of the "found tape" genre. The trailer for Grave Encounters looked pretty hit or miss but previews never do these types of fims justice.

Because now they give it all away. When I get into some money me and you are making a cam movie that will fuck everyone up.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm

I will be watching this in about an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Watching now.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 pm

LOL these guys are kind of clowning Ghost Adventures.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm not gonna lie this movie made me jump a few times and say OH SHIT!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 pm

This is what these guys are spoofing a lil bit.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 am

just watched this on Showtime

it had it's good scares and the visuals were pretty nutty.

I can see why it didnt get a big release because it lacked originality big time. Pretty much getting trapped in a maze in a different time where you know they'll never get out is pretty much Blair Witch Project. Also, one of the shots where all the doctors at the surgical table looked up at the guy at the same time was the same exact shot from the house on haunted hill remake...hell, the story of the hospital was pretty much that of house on haunted hill. The beginning was too spoofy as well. It would have worked better if the team actually took themselves seriously rather than acknowledge that they thought it was a big joke, though some of it was funny if they acted more like the Paranormal State guys and then the shit really hit the fan, it might of been more effective.

It delivers some jumpy moments though, so it served it's purpose.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grave Encounters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters   Grave Encounters Empty

Back to top Go down

Grave Encounters
Page 1 of 1