Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me Empty
PostSubject: Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me   Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=42692#ixzz1VCS72xIO
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Joaquin Trejo

Middleweight contender Marco Antonio Rubio has had a good laugh at some of the recent comments that were made by WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. During a discussions regarding a possible fight with Rubio, Chavez was confident of winning the contest by knockout. In April of this year, Rubio knocked out David Lemieux to become the mandatory to Chavez's title.

The WBC told Chavez that he must defend his title against Rubio inside a year's time. Chavez will first face Ronald Hearns on September 17, then return on November 19, and finally he must face Sergio Martinez by March 2012.

"Chavez couldn't knock me out even - if I tie one hand [behind my back]. I'm better than him and I'll show it. I respect the rules of the World Boxing Council, who gave him one year to make voluntary defenses of his title before exposing his heart to me," said Rubio. "Julio can say many things, it is very easy to talk, but you have to hold the words inside the ring, and he will see the power of punches I have. I would like to knock him out."

Rubio is not impressed with Chavez's list of opponents.

"Chavez's opponents have been super lightweights and welterweights who were made to gain weight to fight him at his division, 160-pounds, and you see how easy it is to win against easy opponents. Check my record and see the types of opponents that I've faced," Rubio said.

Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me   Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 am

If I was Chavez I'd try to get that written inti the contract and watch Rubio squirm his way out of what he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me   Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Laughing it's true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me   Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubio: If I tied 1 hand, Chavez still couldn't KO me
Page 1 of 1