Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You have just been made the President of Zuffa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

You have just been made the President of Zuffa Empty
PostSubject: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 am

You have full control, Dana White does not exist, have at it.....

But really as detailed as you like how are you going to run the company you now control? It's your baby do with it as you will, the UFC, SF, fighters, events, venues, commentators, everything and anything you can think of. There is no right or wrong, we are in all reality no less intelligent then a guy like Dana. There are like 5-10 guys I'd like to hear from the most on this, but no need for the last picked on the playground type shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 am

Good question LA. I'm probably not 1 of the 10 tongue but this will take a lot of work so I'll post mine a bit later.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:28 am

Take your time, post when you've thought it out to your liking. As detailed as you like.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

First off I would keep both SF and UFC separate and not merge, ran completely separate by different groups of people.
Strikeforce should be used in a variety of ways. Of course woman's MMA should be a main focus of SF. The Challengers series should not only be kept around it should be expanded to feature more shows. Maybe have 2 Challengers shows per month. Should be fairly easy to find up and comers and vets trying to get things back on track. Also top level fighters should be allowed to stay in SF and build their name/brand and not be immediately transitioned into the UFC. Not only does that allow more fighters to earn top money it also over time could provide immediate UFC title challengers. If fighters are dominate in SF and the opportunity opens up they should be given UFC title shots at that time and new names will be built in SF to take their place. With all the injuries as of late there will always be some opportunity for the SF Champ to step in. It's like having an Ace in the hole for when shit hits the fan.

Just a couple thoughts on the subject. I could write plenty more.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 pm

1. For handling the day-to-day operations, I would actually hire someone like Kenny Florian, he is super smart and has experience in fighting, so the fighters would know their boss had made his bones.

2. I would certainly remove Rogan from his current post to be replaced by Stephan Bonnar and Mike Goldberg would get his outright release or moved to SF. I would make a major push to get Jon Anik involved without him having to step away from his duties to ESPN. If not him I would try to get someone like him. Rogan would handle promotional duties, BS with the fans, maybe a webcast.

3. I would actually build a MMA HOF in Vegas and would require that all people placed in the HOF be retired for no less than 3 years. I would also automatically place in the HOF Oleg Taktarov, Don Frye, Frank Shamrock, Marco Ruas and Rorion Gracie.

4. I would attempt to make a deal with Disney/ABC to get on board with them somehow on ESPN, even if it is cheap old fights.

5. SF would become a much more organized feeder system. To not only bringing up younger fighters and maintaining womens MMA, but to also promote amateur bouts and work with other organizations such as KOC, Shark fights, etc. This would/could create a relationship foundation for moving fighters up and down as needed.

6. I would keep Arriany, ditch Chandella, Bring back Logan and hopefully find one more girl for the stable. I would replace every single SF girl...

7. I would hire (or have Kenny hire) somone to put a fan package together, so we can get the fans even more involved with the sport and feel a part of its growth.

8. I would maintain a $75,000 post fight bonuses, but have an end of the year bonus for the best KO, best SUB, Fight of the year and Fighter of the year. The bonus would be a 5 way split of 2.5 million dollars. With a fighter being able, at best to earn 1.5 million. The votes would be done as 20% voted by fans, 20% voted by a committee of MMA sports writers, 20% voted by contracted fighters of that year, and the final 40% decided by me, Kenny, Joe Silva and the Fertitta brothers.

9. I would maintain what they are doing now, but have 4 Super shows a year (at a higher premium). And we would make a major push to get as many free shows on during the dead zone between the end of Basketball/Hockey season and the start of Football. I swear I don't anyone who watches baseball anymore and people want to be entertained. I can steal fans this way.

10. I would start a new TV series as well that follows two fighters as they travel from week-to-week, training at the various facilities around the world together. In the end, they would have to pick a gym and train for 6-8 weeks, preparing to fight one another. I think this is an inexpensive way to make a show for under a million dollars, yet get 23 episodes out of it at a premium sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 am

Hire ring card girls with real breasts.

Add an intelligent fighter to the commentators, someone like Ken Flo or Mir.

Bring in Ariel Helwani for the post fight interviews.

Fine Joe Silva each time he matches a striker with a wrestler.

Merge Strikeforce and unify the trinkets.

Give the UK an awesome card.

Fine any fighter who refuses to fight teammates.

Sign Shinya Aoki.

Ask ESPN to replace Franklin McNeil with Joe Rogan.

Demand Nate Diaz to smile, if he refuses cut him.

Make GSP vs Anderson Silva.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Just a couple I'll throw out b4 going back to work.

1)Move away from PPV and towards major networks. Even if that means losing some control.

2)A UFC channel.

3)Merge with SF.

4)UFC challengers(though it needs a better name then this) series.

5)I'd also try to get Helwani officially in the mix.

6)Tourneys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have just been made the President of Zuffa   You have just been made the President of Zuffa Empty

Back to top Go down

You have just been made the President of Zuffa
Page 1 of 1