Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Avengers

Go down 
+8
killerofchicken
LA
KingsOwn19
Ludo
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
josh200612
Deezy0814
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

The Avengers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I actually like Death to Smoochy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 am

Death To Smoochy was awesome. It could have been better but it was pretty funny as is.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 am

I like Death to Smoochy also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
How come nobody wants to stick with the Hulk role...is Mark Ruffallo now the third guy to play Hulk since the dawn of the century?

Edward Norton shot himself in the ass by taking that role. It might be his Battlefield Earth.

Ed clashed with the director and producers while making his Hulk, he wasn't happy at all with how the movie turned out.

And that movie was no where near as bad as Battlefield Earth, not even the likes of Fantastic Four or Wolverine Origins came close to that gargantuan turd.

I agree, but it was still a very poor film and may have killed some of Norton's momentum. They all don't have to be as bad as Battlefield Earth to have a similar impact on an actors career.

What momentum ? Ed is a notoriously difficult actor to work with.

What does being hard to work with have to do with momentum when you can easily point at a couple of duds as to why Ed Norton went from actor on the rise to stagnant? A lot of great actors are hard to work with and that never killed their momentum. Ed Norton is well beyond good enough to get a pass for being difficult to work with, even though Tony Kaye is the only account i have heard of Norton being hard to work with and American History X is pretty delicate material. I can see how Norton wanted to change things up from Kaye's orginal ending and certain scenes.

Ed Norton was becoming one of the bigger actors out there before A) The Italian Job B) Down in the Valley C) Hulk..that movie he did with Ben Stiller did not help. Stiller was funny in it but Norton just did not fit at all...and no, Death To Smoochy was awesome and had nothing to do with it.

Ed's never really had star momentum, he's always struck me as the type of actor who's happy to pick and choose movies that interest him. IMO Ed does the occasional blockbuster to keep his agent happy and bulk up his bank account.

Apparently Ed's going to be the villain in Bourne Legacy.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am

25th Hour was a very good movie also The Score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 pm