Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Rua attack Machida?

Go down 
+3
GolbeZ
LTFG
captain organic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Does Rua attack Machida? Empty
PostSubject: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Or does he come out a bit more patient?

Traditionally Rua is at his best as an aggressive fighter, but most believe that is the worst way to go into a fight vs Machida. Even Rua himself noted that Machida's style is best suited to combat an aggresive fighter.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm

I think he needs to approach it much the same as he did Liddell. It might make for a bit of a boring fight in the beginning and the boo birds will start chirping, but he needs to engage when engaged. If he goes Wandy, he'll get KTFO...
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:06 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I think he needs to approach it much the same as he did Liddell. It might make for a bit of a boring fight in the beginning and the boo birds will start chirping, but he needs to engage when engaged. If he goes Wandy, he'll get KTFO...

I really dont think it matters which one of those he chooses .. he will lose both of those battles .. he needs to go for a take down...... if he can.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Same deal GolbeZ... What I meant by engage when engaged didn't just apply to striking. The only chance he stands to win this fight is to stay patient and carefully pick his spots. Even then, the odds of him being successful at a takedown and controlling Machida, landing damaging shots standing or on the ground and ultimately winning this fight aren't all that great, IMO...

Anyone know if the judges for the Easton/Beebe fight are going to be available for this card?...lol. That would help his chances greatly...
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:51 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Same deal GolbeZ... What I meant by engage when engaged didn't just apply to striking. The only chance he stands to win this fight is to stay patient and carefully pick his spots. Even then, the odds of him being successful at a takedown and controlling Machida, landing damaging shots standing or on the ground and ultimately winning this fight aren't all that great, IMO...

Anyone know if the judges for the Easton/Beebe fight are going to be available for this card?...lol. That would help his chances greatly...

Taking someone's back for 3 rounds is totally gay and Beebe got what he deserved!!

/Virginia Judged
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Rua need's to set him up somehow, stick and move and hope Machida follows and bam counter with a big shot!... but to be honest i just see Machida winning this no matter what
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

This has a chance to be a great fight, but more than likely it will be a Sleep

But that is what I like about MMA. I get a bunch of fights usually and a couple of them turn out great! It is not like football or baseball. You can watch a ton of games and use up 16 hours of a day just to have a good one. I can use up 3 hours and I almost always get a great fight or two in there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Rua gets frustrated, starts attacking without confidence desperately, and gets KO'd. Same story as the last two fights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
This has a chance to be a great fight, but more than likely it will be a Sleep
Machida and Rua don't have boring fights
You are expecting the two most skilled LHW's to have a boring fight because....?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Rua attack Machida?   Does Rua attack Machida? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Rua attack Machida?
Page 1 of 1